Destinations In Chicago

The Architectural River Tour is the number 1 tourist attraction in the city and gives you a great background on the birthplace of the skyscrapper

The Frank Lloyd Wright home and studio if you have any interest in design and/or architecture

The observatory floor on wither the John Hancock Center or the Willis Towwer

Ride a train just so you can say you have

Wrigley Field is a great place even if you're not a baseball fan

The ballpark is just  a few blocks north of Boystown--the gay neighborhood-- a stroll/shopping down North Halstead and pictures in front of the rainbow pylons

The Museum of Science and Industry is awesome. They have a giant model train, a coal mine and a Nazi submarine

Navy Pier is a nice place to spend a couple of hours

The Art Institute of Chicago is a wonderful museum

Parking is as expensive as in New York so try to use public transit (there's an App for it!)

Have fun

• Like 1

Depends what you are into.

There are many museums: Field Museum, Museum of Science and Industry, Adler Planetarium, Shedd Aquarium, Modern Art, etc.

Sight seeing: the Willis (formerly Sears) Sky-deck

Truly tons of stuff, what are you interested in?  :)

And which airport are you coming into?  Or Train?  Or whatever?

Edited by Randomness

If you're going to go up a tall building, I would do Hancock rather than Sears (or whatever they're calling it now): more accessible, on the water so views are better, cheaper, and no annoying intro film. It is also on the Magnificent Mile (Michigan Ave shopping) and close to the Museum of Contemporary Art.

For art, though, the Art Institute is a must. Next-door Millennium Park is also very cool with some awesome sculptures (including the now-iconic "bean").

Edited by impunity

Guide to the best independent bookstores in Chicago

I am a crazy book addict! Whenever I go to a new city I google it for book stores.

Not the cookie cutter Barnes & igNobels. It's the independent book stores that really, really rock.

I noticed you are from Texas. You should check out the Opera House in Denton. Be sure to bring a truck!

Edited by jamessavik
  • Like 1

Guide to the best independent bookstores in Chicago

I am a crazy book addict! Whenever I go to a new city I google it for book stores.

Not the cookie cutter Barnes & igNobels. It's the independent book stores that really, really rock.

That article doesn't mention that Unabridged (in the heart of Boystown) is the primary gay bookstore in the city. They do mention that Women and Children First (in Andersonville) has a good selection of gay literature, although maybe with a more lesbian slant.

Both are well worth visiting. :)

Edited by impunity