...And Dream My Dreams of You by Jay B.

So I stumbled on this story at Nifty, and despite the fact that there are only a few chapters out yet, I think it has the potential to be something really great.

I'll admit that at first I was skeptical because the premise, gay guy falls for his straight best friend, isn't terrifyingly original. But the writing and the complexity of the characters elevate it above the stereotypes and keep it out of the realm of fantasy. The main character isn't a pushover, and he isn't delusional about his chances with his friend. The scene where his friend confronts him, I thought, was very effective and struck an emotional chord with me. The mix of romantic idealism, cynicism, and humor is perfect, and I find myself getting super excited when I see it's been updated.

So anyways, here's the link, if anyone is interested...there's not much there yet, but I think it is definitely a story to keep an eye on.

And Dream of You by Jay B.

• Like 1