Poor Toby he's all alone :hug: . Is cody's mom kinda based on your ideals?

Actually, Cody's mom is so far the only character in the story that is somewhat based on someone who I knew in my "real life," one of my professors back in university. Of course, the character in the story has been dramatized somewhat, but the real life "Tatyana" is also quite eccentric ... nevertheless, she's been one of the most positive infuences in my life, and also happens to be one of the first people I ever came out to.

I had a Russian teacher (my first one in fact) who was named Tatyana. This was back in 1993, two years after the collapse of the Soviet Union...and she was an extremely bitter woman. Her father had been a station chief in Kiev (for the KGB), and she thought the Soviet Union had gotten a short stick...

She also once expressed that all it would take would be one person who truly believed in the Soviet Union to go back to the early 1980's to fix everything wrong with it...

For some reason every time I see Cody's mom in the story, I think of Tatyana, and a smile forms on my face as I put her in the picture. She'd be SO outraged (the woman use to hand out Lenin pins as rewards for excellent work).

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DAVID GOT HIS OWN FOURM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, this is like a great Story. I love Cody's mother... But I hate Cody. Conner is a confused young man, and Cody is only making it worse.

Kurt :D

Edited by Kurtie

I really, really like your story. The characterisation is solid, though I feel that Ryan is acting in a very mature manner. Had I been 'out' at that age and my boyfriend was kissing other guys I think I'd have exploded rather than sit back and say "let's take a break"...

Toby is realistic and Connor is just ... sweet :) Though again I wouldn't have concieved of earning the money to pay the bills and rent ... I never had to.

Your choice of the music Connor plays is good too, though he should write more of his own material. Covers are all good and well, but if he's a true musical soul he'd write his own songs.

The McCormack household is almost a Shangrila for a boy like Connor, and now he has a key. Lucky guy!

I grew up with the son of an actress, who remind me a lot of Tatyana and Cody, both a great addition to the cast.

So. When's the next chapter? :)

Camy B)

Edited by Camy
Connor's song-writing ability will be addressed in the next chapter.

:D

Excellent!

btw (looking at your avatar) do you see Connor as a young Elton John? Much as I like Elton, and his music 'does' it for me - especially his earlier stuff, he has recently become rather an ... over-the-top 'widow twankey' type queen, and honestly I can't see Connor ending up like that. More like a good looking version of James Blunt maybe (from the musical pov).

Perhaps time for a poll? ;)

Camy B)

btw (looking at your avatar) do you see Connor as a young Elton John? Much as I like Elton, and his music 'does' it for me - especially his earlier stuff, he has recently become rather an ... over-the-top 'widow twankey' type queen, and honestly I can't see Connor ending up like that. More like a good looking version of James Blunt maybe (from the musical pov).

LOL ... no, I don't see Connor turning out like that. I don't think anyone could ever really match Elton's style anyway ... he's still the only guy ever to be invited onto VH1 Divas :P

I like the comparison with James Blunt, btw ... or maybe even Rufus Wainwright ... but who knows, he's still only fifteen! :D

Edited by LittleBuddhaTW

I really like this story, but I was really frustrated by Ryan at the end of chapter 10, he could at least be honest and tell Connor that he is hurt, or pissed, or whatever. He keeps treating Connor like a mushroom, .....you know, he feeds him shit, than leaves him in the dark. I can't wait until chapt. 11.

This is my favorite ongoing story of the moment. :2thumbs:

I guess I'm more tolerant of the idea of kissing Cody (or Toby) than some readers. I began my love life in the 60s era of "free love". And I've had younger lovers who would sometimes wander and exercise their hormones. Sometimes I cried, sometimes I laughed; mostly I felt like letting out the tomcat or the dog, secure in the knowledge that he'd be home soon.

That leads me to expect that soon, someone will give Ryan the old lecture about how he loves his mom and he loves his brother, but he didn't love them any less when he kissed Connor. Then, once he gets used to Cody being a kissy friend, is should be a short jump to let Toby crawl into the marital bed :wub::wub::wub:

He keeps treating Connor like a mushroom, .....you know, he feeds him shit, than leaves him in the dark.

LMAO. I love it :great:

I loved the chapter and I'm really happy that the next chapter is already in Kitty's hands! I'm of two minds about how the chapter ended. I can see that Ryan is trying to save himself some grief by trying to make sure that Connor is as serious about the relationship as he appears to be but I didn't get any sense of jealousy either even though his brother and Cody both appear to be making plays for his boyfriend. If I interpreted what's going on in Ryan's mind correctly, he has much more strength of character than I would have.

I'm just wondering how he came to the conclusion that there may be more going on between Cody and Connor... could Cody have let something slip during Connor's New Year's Eve concert or did Cody say something in an attempt to cause a rift. I think Ryan has more to worry about in his brother (even though Connor would have to be a moron to open up that pandora's box).

I really like this story, but I was really frustrated by Ryan at the end of chapter 10, he could at least be honest and tell Connor that he is hurt, or pissed, or whatever. He keeps treating Connor like a mushroom, .....you know, he feeds him shit, than leaves him in the dark. I can't wait until chapt. 11.

Ha... that is great. :2thumbs: Exactly what I think.

Kurt :D

Ya know ... I already got the final edit of Ch. 11 back from Kitty and have finished all of the corrections, so I suppose I could send it in to Myr now ...

Nah, I think I'll wait a couple more days and make you all sweat it out ... :P

Actually, I'm waiting to see if Xandra_kitee will be so kind as to make a cool little logo for the new forum to stick on my web page, then I can send the updated page and the new chapter to Myr all at once to lessen the work for him ... but I guess you all could BEG Xandra to come up with one of her brilliant designs just a wee bit faster! :funny:

Edited by LittleBuddhaTW
Myr won't mind you sending them separately.

More importantly I won't mind...

Heheh ... it will be out by Thursday evening at the latest, I promise ... there's actually one little part that I'm still tinkering with to get just right.

But it still would be great if Xandra_kitee could do that logo for me by then (hint, hint :P )

:D

Nah, I think I'll wait a couple more days and make you all sweat it out ... :P

Wow, LBTW is a fast learner! He hasn't been a hosted author long, and already he's torturing his readers like the seasoned pros! :D:D:D:D

I think he's been influenced by evil... (DKstories... :P:P )

Wow, LBTW is a fast learner! He hasn't been a hosted author long, and already he's torturing his readers like the seasoned pros! :D:D:D:D

I think he's been influenced by evil... (DKstories... :P:P )

Haha ... Dan has been a good friend. :D

And he convinced me that baseball uniforms can be really hot! lol

Maybe I should have made Ryan a baseball player instead ... :P

Hey Everyone!

Actually, Cody's mom is so far the only character in the story that is somewhat based on someone who I knew in my "real life,"

LOL that is so cool! I'm sure people would guess her character is the least likely to be based in reality, so it's so fun that she's the realistic one!

She'd be SO outraged (the woman use to hand out Lenin pins as rewards for excellent work).

:blink:

More like a good looking version of James Blunt maybe (from the musical pov).

I kinda think James Blunt is good looking, in a different sort of way. You guys see that video for "You're Beautiful"? I really thought he was going to take off all his clothes the first time I saw it (OK I didn't really think they'd actually show it, but it certainly caught my attention :P )

I guess I'm more tolerant of the idea of kissing Cody (or Toby) than some readers.

Ryan's being more "understanding" than I would be. I'd have probably broken up with Connor after the first time. Or at least demanded that it never happen again.

I can see that Ryan is trying to save himself some grief by trying to make sure that Connor is as serious about the relationship as he appears to be but I didn't get any sense of jealousy either even though his brother and Cody both appear to be making plays for his boyfriend. If I interpreted what's going on in Ryan's mind correctly, he has much more strength of character than I would have.

Yep, Ryan's a good person. I think this is going to backfire on him though. Given Connor's reaction at the end of 10 (he think's it's over), I think he's going to impose some space and distance...leave Ryan alone if you will. This, I think, will make Ryan decide that Connor has re-evaluated his feelings and elected not to be with Ryan. I think it's going to be a big, ugly misunderstanding.

I think Ryan has more to worry about in his brother (even though Connor would have to be a moron to open up that pandora's box).

I don't think Toby would do that to Ryan. However, under the right circumstances I could see Ryan backing off to "let Toby have him". You know being the good big-brother and assuming he's acting in Connor's best interests too. **shrugs** hard to say, but I don't think Toby'll let it happen even though he wants it (and even if Connor changes his mind).

And he convinced me that baseball uniforms can be really hot! lol

Maybe I should have made Ryan a baseball player instead ... :P

I'm not really a uniform guy, but I guess baseball pants can be nice on the right guy :boy: . Soccer (American football) uniforms probably hold the most allure for me....Aren't lacross uniforms similar? 0:)

Take care everyone,

Kevin

Edited by AFriendlyFace
  • 3 months later...

This was a great chapter. :2thumbs:

Christmas Eve was very touching and the next day when they were opening presents was great. I loved the way you wrote that scene. But then the end! It's all Cody's fault! I mean, he's cute and all but, you know.

I can't wait to see what happens next. Gonna go do that... :read:

*Hugs*

Boy In Doubt