Site update questions

Go to solution Solved by Myr,

Since the site update is there still an option to search for stories by most favourited stories or to search stories by tags? Is it still possible to search most favourited authors? I really hope these options still exist, they were a really useful way to find good stories. 

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

I moved this to the Help section. I think the best way for you to find out is to try doing a search and judge for yourself. You can post back with your positive or negative results. :)

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

@Lanie

Yes.  Just choose "Advanced Search" on the right side menu on the Stories page.

https://www.gayauthors.org/stories/browse/sort/

Choose Comments for "Sort" and Uncheck 'any' by tags and then select the tags you want.  This will give you the most commented on stories with the tag you seek.

• Like 1

Thanks Myr.

Advanced search works for tags but sorting by comments isnt giving the same results as sorting by favourited used to (since a story could have a lot of comments that are mostly negative/advice/criticism).

I've also found advanced search hasn't been responding well, - when I sort by comments the results are slightly out of order and when I add in the word count option, the search seems to completely disregard it.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

We fixed the advanced search  issue Monday per update post in the announcements  forum. 

Are some features not working now? 

• Like 1

Thanks Myr, sorry to bother you.

A few features don't seem to be working now on advanced search.

The ones that don't seem to be working now are sorting by comments (results are out of order) and the publish time feature isn't working.

If you use a few options at once on advanced search, then the results don't make sense at all.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator
7 hours ago, Lanie said:

Thanks Myr, sorry to bother you.

A few features don't seem to be working now on advanced search.

The ones that don't seem to be working now are sorting by comments (results are out of order) and the publish time feature isn't working.

If you use a few options at once on advanced search, then the results don't make sense at all.

Okay.  It worked yesterday, but we had another update over night that seems to have broken it.  Hopefully it is corrected again soon.

• Like 1