Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

Notification Bug - Clubs

Brayon
Go to solution Solved by Myr,

I have myself set to "Follow" for the Writer's Circle Club's Writer's Forum, and I have not received any notifications of new threads, or posts. I have received them for individual topics I've followed, but none for the full club. Same for the others, I am in as well. I have it set to following, and to send a notification for each new post.

• Like 3

• Site Administrator
  • Solution

When you follow a forum, you only get notified of new topics.

You must follow a topic to get notifications of replies.

(This single level down of notifications is what has been giving us issues with chapter comment notifications, btw)

I'm getting them. 

image.png

Is there a time they stop for you?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Myr said:

Is there a time they stop for you?

I've never gotten them, for new topics posted into the forum. Could it be a setting, I'm overlooking, even though I'm set on following the forum?

• Like 2

I get no notifications of new topics in any clubs, writers circle, Sci-fi etc. I have to go look and follow the topic. I see that there is a FOLLOW button so it could be you need to follow each tab, like DISCUSIONS and RESOURCES. 

It might not be a system error, it's just all become pretty complicated with lots of buttons to press to follow everything. Just a suggestion, but maybe the club's FOLLOW each tab could be the default and you can opt out of threads that don't interest. After all you join a club because you are interested in what is going on there.

Anyway I end up always clicking the club to find out what's new, but sometimes come late to the party, because there is a lot going on - which is good.

Edited by William King

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..