Imagine Magazine Question For 12/8

ETF5Jot.jpg

This is a question that I've asked from time to time whenever the issue came up in conversation, but I'd like to get a bigger answer from you guys who might not have replied n the past. Might as well add it to the magazine! So here goes:

Imagine that someone that you don't have any real feelings for or any relationship...maybe even someone you barely know at all...decided they had the hots for you. They could have picked anybody, but they chose you. And their crush exists whether you return it or not. How does that make you feel?

Now don't bother saying, "I'm old and ugly and stupid and no one will ever want me," because that's just not true. Everybody is somebody's dream boy! And pessimism is unattractive, so...focus! Hehehe!

If you knew that someone was seriously interested in you, how would you react to that? Does it make you uncomfortable? Do you feel the need to return those feelings? Maybe you like it! It makes for one hell of an ego stroke, doesn't it? Are you shy about it? Do you find a sense of humor about it? Do you rush to tell them you're not interested so they can stop? Or maybe you think it's harmless and keep from mentioning it.

Some people are truly <I>flattered</I> by the idea of having someone else find the beauty in who they are. Then again, some people are creeped out by the fact that some stranger might be stroking himself silly to thoughts of you naked every night before bed! There's a wide spectrum of feelings there.

I was just interested in your thoughts on this. And remember, we're not talking 'sexual harassment' here. No inappropriate touches or dirty comments, nothing like that. This is just someone that thinks you're really cute, and a good person, and they chose you to be the object of their affections. Let us know what goes through your heart and mind in these situations! Inquiring minds want to know!

There have been a few times in my life where this has happened, and I wasn't freaked out by it. But it did me feel as though I was on display for that particular person. And sometimes I felt awkward about being too friendly for fear of having it misinterpreted as something else. But I found it flattering. Why feel awkward about it?

I had a best friend from when I was younger that I had sex with on a few occasions, which was fun and all...but it ended up being the only thing he wanted to do whenever I came over. It may sound silly now, but I kind of wanted my best friend back. I wanted to play Nintendo and read comic books and watch slasher flicks on VHS. So that infatuation eventually led to the end of our friendship. Not in a bad way, we just grew apart. But that would be the extent of me feeling weird about someone having a crush on me. I guess it falls somewhere between the possibility of hurting them and the possibility of leading them on when I don't mean to.

Other than that...you can stare at my ass all you want! Hehehe! I'm proud to have a positive effect on people, even though I might be shy about a lot of things, you never know. I might develop a crush myself. Hehehe! In which case...you should run away! Trust me, I'm no good for you!

• Like 1

In the 7th Grade, this girl in my English class asked me if I would marry her. School had been in session for all of three days. :blink: She asked her question during what was supposed to be "quiet time", so people could do their assignments, read books, or catch up on work for other classes. I had my nose stuck in a book at the time (of course), so I was completely unprepared for it, and it really made me turn red. Her two friends, who were also sitting at our particular "quad" kind of giggled at me then, and that made my blood pressure rise for a different reason. Instead of blurting something really nasty at her, I curtly replied, "Sorry, but I don't swing that way." Soooo....yeah, not a great first experience. :P

If it had been a guy, though, I probably would've been really flattered if he admitted it in a more subtle way, like maybe writing a note. Once, I pulled a favorite library book off the shelf, and a little slip of paper fell out. I thought it was a due date receipt, but it turned out to be a little cartoon my friend Nicky had drawn of us on a Ferris wheel. Later, he said that he wanted to go to the Cherry Festival with me the following summer. I was already dating someone else at the time, so I told him I was flattered, but I just didn't feel the same way. It was a sweet gesture, though. :blushing:

I'm sort of in that situation right now.

There is a guy that's been working me for a couple of years now. I love him like a brother and I consider him a dear friend . . . but,

he want's more. It helps me to feel desireable which is something that I never feel, but, at the same time, I just don't have those kinds of feelings for him. He knows this, but continues to try.

I've given him opportunities to show me 'his stuff', but he doesn't take the bait. I wanted to see if something could grow from such an encounter, but no . . .

Its tragic really. I might have to write a story to process it one day.

• Wow 1
13 minutes ago, MrM said:

I'm sort of in that situation right now.

There is a guy that's been working me for a couple of years now. I love him like a brother and I consider him a dear friend . . . but,

he want's more. It helps me to feel desireable which is something that I never feel, but, at the same time, I just don't have those kinds of feelings for him. He knows this, but continues to try.

I've given him opportunities to show me 'his stuff', but he doesn't take the bait. I wanted to see if something could grow from such an encounter, but no . . .

Its tragic really. I might have to write a story to process it one day.

Awww! That's really sweet of him, but kind of sad that he doesn't make a "bigger" gesture. I hope you two can come to an arrangement of some sort. :hug:

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Page Scrawler said:

Awww! That's really sweet of him, but kind of sad that he doesn't make a "bigger" gesture. I hope you two can come to an arrangement of some sort. :hug:

Détente I imagine is our arrangement at the moment 

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..