Dungeons and Dragons 5e

Been spending the past several days creating a character to use as a Player in an upcoming DnD game. I've played DnD for years, and have looked at each different Edition when it came out. I will say now, that by far, 5e seems to be the easiest to grasp, and understand.

Myr has said it a few times, and I agree with him, that DnD can be used to create new worlds, and help in character building for stories. I highly suggest reading the new Players Handbook, and Dungeon Master's Guide, even if you're not a Role-Player.

• Site Administrator

Yup. I definitely concur.  (the updated guides are in the nearest reading pile)

The Dungeon Master's guide is specifically written to support telling stories.  Sure it's real-time and improv reactions... but there are some real gems in there about stuff that is easy to adapt to writing a story, instead of just telling and reacting with one.

• Love 1
  • Site Administrator

image.png

I wasn't kidding about the reading pile and that really only scratches the surface...

• Love 1
  • Site Administrator

I'll have to wander out to my mancave and take some updated pictures and post them.  Not in the mood to trudge through the snow at the moment. lol.

• Like 1