Readers, how much time are you willing to invest into a paranormal story before it becomes too unbelievable?

20 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

What about books like the Goosebumps series the I recall had a new title every month (at least back in the ‘90s)!  ;-)

Weren't those for kids?

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, droughtquake said:

What about books like the Goosebumps series the I recall had a new title every month (at least back in the ‘90s)!  ;-)

To be fair I ate up Goodsebumps as a kid! Especially when they had make your own adventure! Still put on the old tv show when Halloween rolls around.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, CassieQ said:

I picked up a James Patterson book once, because it was always on a Bestseller's list.  It was awful.  I remember making it a couple of chapters into the story, then threw it down in disgust and wrote a long email to one of my friends about how awful it was.  

now i'm curious about which one i read ... back when i'm talking about i'd read anything.. bit more discerning now!  

may have been along came a spider.. but i'm not sure

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

You guys are funny.. but you’re right. I read half of a James Patterson book. I can’t do it. 

When I was in my pre- teen, early teen years, I would swipe my mom’s Sidney Sheldon books. I remember being totally lost in the thrill of it. I haven’t read him in years since then, and now I’m kinda curious if he’d still hold up to my changed taste when it comes to that genre.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1