The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

1 hour ago, Backwoods Boy said:

I was glad to hear you're using a fitness center.  It is good for working off stress.  I wish we had a viable one closer than 25 miles away.  I used that one for a year, but having to drive that far tends to defeat the purpose.

I just got back. It was a very welcomed experience. Spent about an hour there.

Hope everyone is doing Okay.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

doldrums Audio pronunciation

plural noun | DOHL-drumz  

Definition

:
a spell of listlessness or despondency

2 often capitalized Doldrums : a part of the ocean near the equator abounding in calms, squalls, and light shifting winds

:
a state or period of inactivity, stagnation, or slump

Almost everyone gets the doldrums—a feeling of low spirits and lack of energy—every once in a while. The doldrums experienced by sailors, however, are usually of a different variety. In the early-19th century, the word once reserved for a feeling of despondency came to be applied to certain tropical regions of the ocean marked by the absence of strong winds. Sailing vessels, reliant on wind propulsion, struggled to make headway in these regions, leading to long, arduous journeys. The exact etymology of doldrums is not certain, though it is believed to be related to the Old English dol, meaning "foolish"—a history it shares with our adjective dull.

Do you have these ... if so, what are ya gonna do about it?

• Love 4

16 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Do you have these ... if so, what are ya gonna do about it?

Yes. I talk to you. LOL. I find talking it over with someone that can slap me upside the head is a good way to get out of them.

• Haha 4

Nothing like the sound of cannon fire in the morning.

The Pirates have arrived!

53OTSHVCKJAGRGZ6RRCJBLFAFI.JPG

The clouds of burning cordite and black powder will be floating by soon.

• Like 1
  • Wow 3

2 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Nothing like the sound of cannon fire in the morning.

The Pirates have arrived!

53OTSHVCKJAGRGZ6RRCJBLFAFI.JPG

The clouds of burning cordite and black powder will be floating by soon.

oh cool... but why??

• Love 2

Just now, Mikiesboy said:

oh cool... but why??

You see the notorious pirate king Jose Gaspar plundered the Spanish Fleet and used Tampa as his port of call. He died taking his secret to the grave of where his buried treasure is out. Then in 1904, the YE Mystique Krew of Gasparilla started to invade the city of Tampa, forcing the mayor to turn over the key to the city and look for the plundered booty. Every year since they have come, but instead of looking for treasure, they throw beaded necklaces, gold coins, and other things to the crowd along Bayshore Blvd.

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, BHopper2 said:

You see the notorious pirate king Jose Gaspar plundered the Spanish Fleet and used Tampa as his port of call. He died taking his secret to the grave of where his buried treasure is out. Then in 1904, the YE Mystique Krew of Gasparilla started to invade the city of Tampa, forcing the mayor to turn over the key to the city and look for the plundered booty. Every year since they have come, but instead of looking for treasure, they throw beaded necklaces, gold coins, and other things to the crowd along Bayshore Blvd.

Sounds fun ...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Sounds fun ...

It is. Last year, the NHL All-Stars Weekend was the same Weekend as the Pirate Fest. The Pirates stole the Stanley Cup and kidnapped its handler.

This year, because we have the 2-year-old, and it's too cold to take him out to be along the water, we'll be watching it on the TV 2:30 pm is the Parade and Mario Lopez is the Grand Marshal this year.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

13 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

hehe so does a wooden paddle or nice loaded flogger ...

Something with which I have far too little experience, but would very much like to get better acquainted with...

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 5

Just now, Thorn Wilde said:

Something I have far too little experience with but very much want to get acquainted with...

How does BF feel about that?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Thorn Wilde said:

He's not entirely averse to the idea. I mean, spanking is a thing that has happened. :blushing:

Very nice.  Michael is sadist. i am not a masochist. However He gets into this place ... where He will say, I want to hurt you.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Wow 1

Very nice.  Michael is sadist. i am not a masochist. However He gets into this place ... where He will say, I want to hurt you.

Yeah, I think we're the opposite. I'm a lot more of a masochist than boyfriend is a sadist. But we can experiment. :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Yeah, I think we're the opposite. I'm a lot more of a masochist than boyfriend is a sadist. But we can experiment. :) 

i'm an 'on call' masochist ... LOL

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..