The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

• Site Moderator

Holy Heck, there be a blizzard on the loose!  Blowing snow with whiteout conditions. I am so glad I got a ride home...

Other than that, good afternoon everyone and I hope you're day is going well... :) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MacGreg said:

Sounds like winter has officially arrived all over.

Yup. It’s snowed for over two days straight here. We’ve got about half a metre of it outside now... Finally stopped, though.

Hello, DiC! How is everyone today? I went to D&D like I said I would, but not sure it was the best idea... Not feeling great now.

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 2

• Site Moderator
47 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Yup. It’s snowed for over two days straight here. We’ve got about half a metre of it outside now... Finally stopped, though.

Hello, DiC! How is everyone today? I went to D&D like I said I would, but not sure it was the best idea... Not feeling great now.

Hey Thorn :hug: 

Nowhere near the amount of snow you’re experiencing, but it’s still coming down, so who knows...might catch up yet. Right now I’m snuggled under a blanket, and this is where I plan to stay. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Hey Thorn :hug: 

Nowhere near the amount of snow you’re experiencing, but it’s still coming down, so who knows...might catch up yet. Right now I’m snuggled under a blanket, and this is where I plan to stay. 

Sounds like a good idea, Reader. :hug: 

6 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Zero visibility....still trying to get.home 

Hope you make it home quickly, tim. Stay safe! :heart: 

• Love 2

stood outside for an hour waiting for a fucking bus.. one came.. and died.. finally made it back to work .. and some angel in an uber picked me up.. $60 to get home ... never again... i do not f'g care.

• Sad 3
  • Angry 1

1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

stood outside for an hour waiting for a fucking bus.. one came.. and died.. finally made it back to work .. and some angel in an uber picked me up.. $60 to get home ... never again... i do not f'g care.

angry face is for the bus, & the cost of the uber

glad you're finally home

• Like 1

• Site Moderator
18 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Glad you made it home safe, tim, and I’m sad for all you had to go through to get there. :hug:

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Glad you made it home safe, tim, and I’m sad for all you had to go through to get there. :hug:

i cant get warm..  ive had food...tea and a big sweater and blankets.

• Wow 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

About to head home on the ice. 

gosh be careful sir... it is crap out here and im sure no better for You .. xo

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Take a warm shower. 

oh i gotta take off clothes to do that...but i'll try it, Sir ..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

That's awful. I'm so sorry that happened to you, it really sucks. And I hope you manage to get warm. Like Mac said, hot showers are the thing, always works for me when I'm cold, and this house is a little draughty so that's, like, half the winter... Also wool, if you have it. :hug: 

• Like 2

• Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

i cant get warm..  ive had food...tea and a big sweater and blankets.

Took me a while - like a couple of hours - doing the same as you, but I finally got warm. Hope you will, too. Course, I was lucky, because my brother dropped me off at my front door on the way to visit his MiL. His flight got cancelled, so he’s now stuck at an airport hotel waiting for a new booking to get home. 

• Wow 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

people out there before me waiting ... no buses and when they arrived they are so full they can't take more.. people screaming at the driver.. and i mean these buses were packed... i walked back and prayed i could get an uber ... Michael was stuck waaay north

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..