The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

Had a meeting today. There'd been complaints from staff about our new goals. We're team A and there is a team B who work afternoons/evenings.  So originally our goals .. to meet expectations were 11 interactions per hour.  Team B only at 6. 

To exceed expectations we had to do more than 11.  Now this is possible on good days. But it is stressful. We do chats that afternoons don't.. Multicultural banking...many of these take 30 to 60 minutes. And so while we are working out these customers issues.. we are supposed to be doing 10+ email.   It's starting to look harder.  Most of the staff were at 6 per hour.  There were lots of complaints. Warranted I thought.

New number came down after the people who dont have a clue what we do, and our management team had chats, and it is 8 per hour.  And Team B is the same.

Seems thats what people on the phone have to do also.  Not sure where these things come from. It's not like we get paid more.. so how does that work!

• Like 2
  • Wow 3
1 minute ago, Thorn Wilde said:

We had Chinese, too! Well, ish. Beef stirfry, with a sauce made with beef broth, soy sauce, and Chinese five spice. It was tasty. :) 

Rice noodles with beef, mixed stir fried veg and sweet and sour pork.  :D  And Michael bought me an eggroll.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Had a meeting today. There'd been complaints from staff about our new goals. We're team A and there is a team B who work afternoons/evenings.  So originally our goals .. to meet expectations were 11 interactions per hour.  Team B only at 6. 

To exceed expectations we had to do more than 11.  Now this is possible on good days. But it is stressful. We do chats that afternoons don't.. Multicultural banking...many of these take 30 to 60 minutes. And so while we are working out these customers issues.. we are supposed to be doing 10+ email.   It's starting to look harder.  Most of the staff were at 6 per hour.  There were lots of complaints. Warranted I thought.

New number came down after the people who dont have a clue what we do, and our management team had chats, and it is 8 per hour.  And Team B is the same.

Seems thats what people on the phone have to do also.  Not sure where these things come from. It's not like we get paid more.. so how does that work!

Ugh... It should be a requirement that bosses have put in at least one day of doing what their employees do, so they’re qualified to make decisions about things like productivity...

• Like 3
Just now, Thorn Wilde said:

Ugh... It should be a requirement that bosses have put in at least one day of doing what their employees do, so they’re qualified to make decisions about things like productivity...

Oh all our managers have been email/phone/chat agents, and our senior manager too... no it's 'time management'  they decide all this stuff.

• Like 3
Just now, Thorn Wilde said:

Ooh, looks so tasty! Hungry again now, lol!

they are amazing.. Michael shared them with me when we first met.. and i have loved them since.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Don’t they say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach or some such? :P 

Yeah .. that's what they say.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

I already told molly this, but this morning Michael took me to work. It was icy so He walked up the back steps to the doors. Then in front of people he gave me this massive kiss.  People were watching of course and he looked at them and said, "Full service Uber." Then to me.. Have a great day.    LOL..

Lol! That’s beautiful. :heart: 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

I already told molly this, but this morning Michael took me to work. It was icy so He walked up the back steps to the doors. Then in front of people he gave me this massive kiss.  People were watching of course and he looked at them and said, "Full service Uber." Then to me.. Have a great day.    LOL..

That's awesome. You have an awesome Husband/Sir.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

@Mikiesboy @Thorn Wilde @BHopper2 love Chinese food too! tim that looks great, i'll have to see if our Chinese place has those rice noodles

we're having slow cooked

bbq pork sandwiches with baked beans and potato chips

39 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

good way to start the day!

36 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

I may have to order some Chinese now... That looks freaking good.

it really does!  

16 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

gonna watch the end of Strangers with MIchael.. back in a couple of hours xoxo

see you later! 

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..