The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

52 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

One of my last Aunts passed this morning. Only her twin and my mom left from their generation.

Fae sorry to hear about your Aunts passing.

please take care of yourself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

good morning

Good-Morning-Coffee-Butterfly.jpg

molly thank you this cup of coffee - woke up this morning and we are totally out of coffee ... which is not good. i hope you are feeling better today? 

• Like 2

Good  Sirs and DiC friends 

Good Morning

I hope everyone has a Productive Sunday.

On this Sunday , remember that you cannot direct the wind, but you do have the power to adjust the sails on your boat.

rick

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

afternoon Sirs & everyone

i've again been crowned as a mean mom. three cheers for me, lol! 

hope all y'all are having a better day than the kids 😂😂

molly look a new reaction icon - I read it how cute - sorry you are being mean mom but some times you have to do it.

Edited by rickproehl
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

molly look a new reaction icon - I read it how cute - sorry you are being mean mom but some times you have to do it.

well, i don't go to their side of the house very often & a few things had gotten WAY out of control

• Like 2
  • Wow 2

3 hours ago, rickproehl said:

a new reaction icon - I read it

I noticed the new icon....   seems like the most bland milquetoast response possible.

@mollyhousemouse - mom always left our bedrooms to  us when we were kids but...she did occasionally have to be the "mean mom" and make us clean up our mess.  🙃

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fae Briona said:

@mollyhousemouse - mom always left our bedrooms to  us when we were kids but...she did occasionally have to be the "mean mom" and make us clean up our mess.  🙃

Fae that's exactly what happened! i hadn't been in their bedrooms for a couple of weeks and OMG!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Site Moderator

@Mikiesboy I tried Voltaren for my shoulder pain - which I got from lifting heavy boxes, so I’d say I strained my muscles - but a dose of the cream 1q12h wasn’t helping, so I got this today. 

https://www.icyhot.ca/patches-creams-roll-on-and-spray/extra-strength-cream/

Unlike Voltaren, which is long acting, you can use icyhot 1q6h for short acting pain relief. After using it twice, I saw a huge improvement in my pain. Just did a third dose leading up to bedtime. Fingers crossed, I can finally get a good night’s sleep. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

@Mikiesboy I tried Voltaren for my shoulder pain - which I got from lifting heavy boxes, so I’d say I strained my muscles - but a dose of the cream 1q12h wasn’t helping, so I got this today. 

Unlike Voltaren, which is long acting, you can use icyhot 1q6h for short acting pain relief. After using it twice, I saw a huge improvement in my pain. Just did a third dose leading up to bedtime. Fingers crossed, I can finally get a good night’s sleep. 

i hope you are able to rest Reader
i'm off now, taking Number One to work then to bed with me
hope to see everyone tomorrow

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Good Sirs and DiC friends 

GOOD MORNING 

i wish is that you have a Great Monday that is filled with 

Just Enough

Just Enough Love 

Just Enough Family 

Just Enough Good Times. 

I want to share with you this thought we all need to remember everyday.

When you make a mistake – you learn,

When you learn – you grow,

And when you grow – you are unbeatable.

everyone in DiC is UNBEATABLE.

rick

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

have you tried the icy hot patches you can apply them and forget them. They seem to help at times. My only issue with the creams is I have to wear gloves when putting it on or my hands are “icy hot” I made the mistake of rubbing a eye after putting some on and that was a Big mistake there wasn’t enough water to ease my burning - I was crying but they were not tears of joy . Lucky it was only 1 hour of discomfort but it was about 3 gallons or liters of water.

• Like 2

• Site Moderator
5 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

have you tried the icy hot patches you can apply them and forget them. They seem to help at times. My only issue with the creams is I have to wear gloves when putting it on or my hands are “icy hot” I made the mistake of rubbing a eye after putting some on and that was a Big mistake there wasn’t enough water to ease my burning - I was crying but they were not tears of joy . Lucky it was only 1 hour of discomfort but it was about 3 gallons or liters of water.

It was a small drugstore (it was the closest) I went to, so this is the only version of icyhot they had, I may go out and check the larger drugstore today.

Thanks, rick. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Just noticed, the thumb’s up emoji has been changed to a check mark. Weird...

The thumbs up is still there. The checkmark is new, and means, "I read it." 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Joy.  The "most active year" for tornadoes in this state [Oklahoma] was back in 1999 with 145 -- at the moment we've had 143, and after last night we could potentially add 4 more.

be safe Fae 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

Joy.  The "most active year" for tornadoes in this state [Oklahoma] was back in 1999 with 145 -- at the moment we've had 143, and after last night we could potentially add 4 more.

Fae - stay safe my friend.

• Like 2

excuse me please Sirs And DiC friends 

how has your day been? my day was stressful we had class all day and the training was difficult and detailed. It did get a little better this afternoon. So how was your day? we have open a bottle of wine and sitting by the fire to relax. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

evening Sirs and friends

just stopping by to say hello, see how everyone is doing, what y'all are up too
i'll be around, i have some shopping to look into online but i'm paying attention here too

evening molly and hello to you. we are sitting by the fire with a open bottle of wine. relaxing. Enjoying the peace and quiet.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

excuse me please Sirs And DiC friends 

how has your day been? my day was stressful we had class all day and the training was difficult and detailed. It did get a little better this afternoon. So how was your day? we have open a bottle of wine and sitting by the fire to relax. 

sorry it was stressful rick

6 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

evening molly and hello to you. we are sitting by the fire with a open bottle of wine. relaxing. Enjoying the peace and quiet.

hope that helps!

Phil has the car over at the mechanics, i noticed the brakes were making noise, so i'm enjoying some quiet time

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..