The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

5 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

....yawn.....

sleep was elusive last night & i'm struggling this morning....

i'll give it my best shot though

have a nice day

sleepy-kitty.jpg

molly i hope your day has been good.

Hang in there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wayne Gray said:

Howdy, DiC.

I hope everyone is doing well. It's rainy, but oddly warm for this time of year here in Northern California. We can use the water, though.

Enjoy your Friday!

Hey ... it never rains in California.. is what i thought ..... so take care Wayne

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Wayne Gray said:

Howdy, DiC.

I hope everyone is doing well. It's rainy, but oddly warm for this time of year here in Northern California. We can use the water, though.

Enjoy your Friday!

Enjoy yours too, Wayne!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

Good  Sirs and DiC friends 

Good morning, i trust everyone had a restful night. Things are looking better for my brother-in-law one more day and he should be out of the woods and getting back to full recovery. So far no lasting damage which is a good thing. I’m doing better taking care of myself. 

One piece of good news i have been invited to a Family Holiday Party of Steve’s. 

So taking a shower and some soup and relax by the fire. 

how is your day going? 

Oh, that's nice about your Party!!  I hope you have a good time.   I hope your brother in law continues to do well.

We are dog sitting this afternoon and evening for our dog-child.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Oh, that's nice about your Party!!  I hope you have a good time.   I hope your brother in law continues to do well.

We are dog sitting this afternoon and evening for our dog-child.

Has Brutus commandeered the couch as his “post walk flake out spot” yet? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Has Brutus commandeered the couch as his “post walk flake out spot” yet? 

Yeah, Michael has just taken him out for a walk. He wasn't happy about me decorating the Christmas Tree.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

Yeah, Michael has just taken him out for a walk. He wasn't happy about me decorating the Christmas Tree.

If Brutus is like our dogs they hate change and will bark at anything new. Which is a good thing these days. We have a pair of Huskies and we have a hard time getting them to come back in the house during this time of year. They would stay out all day. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

If Brutus is like our dogs they hate change and will bark at anything new. Which is a good thing these days. We have a pair of Huskies and we have a hard time getting them to come back in the house during this time of year. They would stay out all day. 

Brutus is a bit messed up. He is a rescue and they dont know what he went through, but he has issues.  I cannot walk him, jumps at people and needs Michael to control him sometimes. He'd pull me off my feet. But he's a sweet guy.

• Like 3

• Site Moderator
59 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

What’s the dog got against Christmas trees? Or was it your attention elsewhere that he wasn’t happy about? :unsure: 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

What’s the dog got against Christmas trees? Or was it your attention elsewhere that he wasn’t happy about? :unsure: 

He frets a lot, is afraid of black pickup trucks, the elevator and certain people ... he can be walking along and for seemingly no reason will launch himself at someone. We can 't figure out why, but he was abused in some way. So the tree was not normal. He was happier when he laid behind me, within tripping distance..lol

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Site Moderator
7 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

He frets a lot, is afraid of black pickup trucks, the elevator and certain people ... he can be walking along and for seemingly no reason will launch himself at someone. We can 't figure out why, but he was abused in some way. So the tree was not normal. He was happier when he laid behind me, within tripping distance..lol

Poor pup. It’s nice he has such a great ‘vacation home’. 😊

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Poor pup. It’s nice he has such a great ‘vacation home’. 😊

LOL we are like the grandparents... he gets to do what he wants .. mostly...LOL

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Good night everyone.

The sweetest of happy dreams when your turn comes...

Good night Reader

• Like 2
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Kitt said:

Had a golden retriever that freaked out at a fuzzy Rudolph doorknob cover i put up one Christmas. Dod didnt bark unless something was majorly wrong, but he would not stop barking and growling at this silly little decoration! Had to take it down.

Ripley was cool about most things. He didn't mind the vacuum cleaner, but if you pulled out the long wand thing to use that, he would bark like mad.. run to attack it.. teeth and paws.. we had to put him in the bedroom. LOL   Brutus gets fixated on things.. like a coffee cup on the road, he will just stare at it until you drag him away.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

• Site Moderator
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Ripley was cool about most things. He didn't mind the vacuum cleaner, but if you pulled out the long wand thing to use that, he would bark like mad.. run to attack it.. teeth and paws.. we had to put him in the bedroom. LOL   Brutus gets fixated on things.. like a coffee cup on the road, he will just stare at it until you drag him away.

The dog I had when I was young (a Westie) attacked the vacuum cleaner, too. I wonder what was going through their minds that they felt they needed to take it out, so to speak? 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

The dog I had when I was young (a Westie) attacked the vacuum cleaner, too. I wonder what was going through their minds that they felt they needed to take it out, so to speak? 

I am no dog expert but i think they are protecting us from monsters. Kinda like this

image.png.b30fe5ee5ae1bdc78dd645747b22942d.png

• Like 1
  • Love 4

• Site Moderator
4 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

I am no dog expert but i think they are protecting us from monsters. Kinda like this

image.png.b30fe5ee5ae1bdc78dd645747b22942d.png

This is brilliant! :heart: 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Love 4

Good  Sirs and DiC friends 

Good morning,  

I hope you all have a Wonderful Sunday. 

We have rounded the final hurdle for brother-in-law and it is good news. He will make a full recovery with a few lifestyle changes. This is a load off everyone’s mind. Thank you DiC for all of your well wishes

So how is your day?

Edited by rickproehl
  • Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..