The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

Good  Sirs and DiC friends Good Morning  

yesterday was a day to forget things were like a house of cards and the house fell. It was my fault to many people needing my time and me being the ‘good guy’ i gave all i had and was going non stop. i finally crashed and burned i had a good heart to heart talk with doctor and we are working on things. Also had the same heart to heart with family and we are going to balance the work load. 
So i have no one to blame but myself. So i hid from everyone yesterday recharging my batteries. The sad thing my Doctor told me i have to tell people ‘no’ so that is my new focus If i can be honest that will upset some people off but so be it. 
So how is your day going?

• Like 5

Good morning, all.

1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

yesterday was a day to forget things were like a house of cards and the house fell. It was my fault to many people needing my time and me being the ‘good guy’ i gave all i had and was going non stop. i finally crashed and burned i had a good heart to heart talk with doctor and we are working on things. Also had the same heart to heart with family and we are going to balance the work load. 
So i have no one to blame but myself. So i hid from everyone yesterday recharging my batteries. The sad thing my Doctor told me i have to tell people ‘no’ so that is my new focus If i can be honest that will upset some people off but so be it. 

I'm sorry you crashed. I know the feeling; I also have a hard time saying no. Glad you took the time to recharge.

I've got podcast editing to do today, and then a Christmas concert with my choir this evening. After that, choir season is over and I can relax, at least in that respect.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Good morning, all.

I'm sorry you crashed. I know the feeling; I also have a hard time saying no. Glad you took the time to recharge.

I've got podcast editing to do today, and then a Christmas concert with my choir this evening. After that, choir season is over and I can relax, at least in that respect.

thank you for this Thorn and i hope your concert goes good this evening.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, rickproehl said:

take care of yourself now, so you'll be around to help take care of others later :hug:

• Like 5

6 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

@rickproehl take care of yourself

empty-cup.jpg

molly - thank you for this it means a lot. i know this now. When talking with the Family they all understood what was happening. My new favorite word now is No. still walking that fine line. I had stopped taking Calm and getting some today. 
So how are you doing molly? 
thanks again. Have a good day.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

59 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

molly - thank you for this it means a lot. i know this now. When talking with the Family they all understood what was happening. My new favorite word now is No. still walking that fine line. I had stopped taking Calm and getting some today. 
So how are you doing molly? 
thanks again. Have a good day.

:hug: saying NO appropriately is a skill & takes practice

as for me, i'm doing better thanks 

you have a good day too, rick

• Like 3
  • Love 2

14 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

:hug: saying NO appropriately is a skill & takes practice

as for me, i'm doing better thanks 

you have a good day too, rick

yes molly the saying NO is very hard. This is something i’m having a hard time dealing with. So taking this a step at a time.

molly i hope you had a good day. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rickproehl said:

yes molly the saying NO is very hard. This is something i’m having a hard time dealing with. So taking this a step at a time.

molly i hope you had a good day. 

step at a time is the best way, rick!
my day was good thanks, a bit hectic, but overall good
our CEO will be here tomorrow, so we all spent about 30 minutes making sure the offices and labs looked good
how was yours?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

step at a time is the best way, rick!
my day was good thanks, a bit hectic, but overall good
our CEO will be here tomorrow, so we all spent about 30 minutes making sure the offices and labs looked good
how was yours?

molly i’m glad things are going good for you. my self this is a mini vacation for me. So stayed home and relaxed and finished Christmas shopping 

• Like 3

• Site Moderator

Good afternoon DiCers on this unexpectedly (really, I wasn’t expecting it :P ) snowy day. Luckily, it’s all light and fluffy. 

You know, I’ve heard about and read about combining chocolate and bacon, but every time my response was -   :puke:

Well, I’m hear you’re tell you, I’ve been wrong all along. Wrong, wrong, wrong ...

Saw this candy shop called Rocky Mountain Candy (based in Burnaby, BC) at the mall, and decided to have a look around.

Found this, I did:

https://shop.rockychoc.com/products/dont-go-bacon-my-heart-shaker?_pos=1&_sid=685a9777b&_ss=r

Thats right, chocolate, pretzels, and bacon all in one bite. 

Admittedly, RMC is a bit - okay a lot - pricey, but they sure know how to make great tasting and great looking chocolate treats. 

I think I better pace myself, so I don’t go broke. Just saying...

• Love 1
  • Wow 2

The best part of the CEO coming to visit is a team lunch. We're a small group, 13 when all the usual suspects are here. We all ate together in the break room. Well, we've been noticed. We're doing more with less. Colleagues from other locations who have come through here also have noticed how tight we are & how well we work together. It felt good to have that acknowledged.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Good afternoon DiCers on this unexpectedly (really, I wasn’t expecting it :P ) snowy day. Luckily, it’s all light and fluffy. 

You know, I’ve heard about and read about combining chocolate and bacon, but every time my response was -   :puke:

Well, I’m hear you’re tell you, I’ve been wrong all along. Wrong, wrong, wrong ...

Saw this candy shop called Rocky Mountain Candy (based in Burnaby, BC) at the mall, and decided to have a look around.

Found this, I did:

https://shop.rockychoc.com/products/dont-go-bacon-my-heart-shaker?_pos=1&_sid=685a9777b&_ss=r

Thats right, chocolate, pretzels, and bacon all in one bite. 

Admittedly, RMC is a bit - okay a lot - pricey, but they sure know how to make great tasting and great looking chocolate treats. 

I think I better pace myself, so I don’t go broke. Just saying...

I love bacon with sweet things. I've made bacon banana splits before. I used just vanilla ice cream, strawberry sauce, a banana split in half (as is custom), and fried the bacon super crispy, then crumbled it up and added it kind of as sprinkles. And whipped cream, obvs. It was upon recommendation from a friend. It was weirdly tasty. Never thought of bacon and chocolate... The next time I make that banana split I'll add chocolate ice cream and chocolate sauce! :D 

Edited by Thorn Wilde
typo
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..