LGBT characters in video games?

In 2018, Gamesradar’s Sam Greer pored through thousands of gaming titles and found 179 games with any LGBT representation Of those 179 games, only 83 have queer characters who are playable characters. I don't think that League of Legends consists of this list but I would have wanted because it is the best game where I play. Moreover, it has a lot of boost service which can help you to increase your account such as boosteria.org, I used their service and guys work fast and perfect. Now I am on my desired rank.

Edited by SamMacDonald
  • Like 2
On 6/10/2020 at 10:05 AM, SamMacDonald said:

During the 1980s, characters that can be argued as identifying as LGBT were rarely shown in a realistic or non-stereotypical context and were often the objects of ridicule or jokes.

In the 1990s, games (often Japanese ones) continued to use stereotypical LGBT characters which did not reflect the diversity in LGBT communities. However, more efforts were found to make more diverse and less one-dimensional characters.

In the 2018, Gamesradar’s Sam Greer pored through thousands of gaming titles and found 179 games with any LGBT representation Of those 179 games, only 83 have queer characters who are playable characters. And of those, only eight feature a main character who is explicitly pre-written as queer as opposed to them being queer as a character creation option.

Wow, only eight? That's... sad. :/ 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Wow, only eight? That's... sad. :/ 

But look at how long it took to get realistic female characters in games. Since game developers and players have historically been overwhelmingly heterosexual cis male, their conscious and unconscious fantasies, prejudices, and preferences have dominated representations of gender and sexuality. Many characters would have difficulty balancing in the real world, they’d topple due to disproportionately sized body parts…
;–)

• 1 year later...

Check out Our Life: Beginnings and Always. It's a Visual Novel produced by GB Patch. You can create your avatar as male, female, or non-binary, and change genders in later chapters! The lead character is Cove Holden, a lonely boy who is forced to move to your tiny hometown in California after his parents get a divorce. You can choose to be romantic with Cove, keep your distance, or simply stay as friends. It's my favoritest game on Steam! (I've logged over 200 hours of gameplay)  :D