Famous Christmas Literary Quote

• Site Administrator
Let's share our favorite Christmas-time quote from books we've read through our lives. Share the quote, the author, the book, and of course a memory of reading it if you have one you wish to share!

Cia: I know mine... from a book I received in my stocking at age 13, a classic the family watched that year when they remade the movie and I wished for the book instead (they're ALWAYS better, lol!). Even now I can remember my excitement of getting the book and cracking it open on Christmas morning and what's happening in the scene around the book during the Christmas morning in the March household as well. 

"The rooms were very still while the pages were softly turned and the winter sunshine crept in to touch the bright heads and serious faces with a Christmas greeting." –Louisa May Alcott, Little Women

• Like 1

"But I am sure I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round--apart from the veneration due to its sacred name and origin, if anything belonging to it can be apart from that--as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable, pleasant time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow-passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys."

Charles Dicken, A Christmas Carol

I read it every year before Christmas. It's one of my favorites. 

Edited by Arpeggio
  • Like 3