Imagine Question For Next Issue

M3jPdhP.jpg

Jealousy!

Sometimes, it's something that we can control, or at least keep under wraps in order to keep the peace. But...if you had to be totally honest about it...would you say that you were a jealous person when it came to your relationships?

Now, before you answer...understand that I'm not instantly saying that jealousy is this awful disorder and you're a bad and obsessive person for feeling that way. It doesn't have to always be that severe. Maybe the boy you love is sharing a joke and a laugh with a stranger at a bar somewhere. Maybe they shared a secret with someone that they had never shared with you before. Maybe they're just gorgeous, or have a great singing voice, or a body and six pack abs to die for. Maybe people flirt with them all the time, and it drives you CRAZY, because you know that they could pick any one of those flirtatious guys at random and go home with them tonight if they wanted to.

Whatever the situation, whatever the cause or effect...jealousy is a real thing. It can raise its ugly head when you least expect it, and cause a bunch of problems before you're able to get it back under control again.

So...jealousy! Do you ever get jealous? In a good way, or a bad way? Is there even a good way? What do you think causes it? And how do you overcome it...if at all?

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this! So feel free to leave your comments as a reply below, and I'll add this to the March Issue 'Q&A' section of Imagine Magazine! Cool?

Thanks in advance for putting your two cents in! I'm always curious about these things! And I'll be giving my answer too as soon as I get a chance! K? 

Seezya soon!

YES! I can defintely be jealous sometimes!

Now, when I say that,I don't want you guys to think that I'm some sort of psycho or that I'm overly possessive of the people in my life. I'm not. But I'd be a bold faced liar if I said that I didn't get jealous sometimes. 

Like...if I'm out with someone, and it's a party atmosphere? Then sure. We're there to mingle and have fun and talk to other people. That's fun. Just...not at my expense. If that makes sense. Don't get totally absorbed in some other guy all night and completely ignore me. That's when the jealousy monster starts to rise to the surface. I could be wrong, but I think a little envy is healthy in a relationship. 

What can I say? I care. I want to be close to you. I want you to want to be close to me too. When things get out of balance, then yeah...I feel like I'm being scammed. Because there are people out there who will deliberately move in on your boyfriend and push hard to replace you for their own selfish needs. And I know who they are...but they can deal with that karma when it boomerangs back to them. I won't be a part of that.

Anyway, a little jealousy is ok from time to time. I don't own or control anybody, and if they leave me behind for somebody else...then, sucks to be me, I guess. I can be an adult about that. But I'd never claim to not be jealous when it happens. The green eyed monster is like the HULK for me! LOL!

So be gentle with my heart, ok? I've been hurt before! LOL! :)

• Love 1

It wasn't that long ago that I was a kid in high school, and I used to get very jealous when I saw my boyfriend flirting with someone else. Especially after Boyfriend #2 crushed my heart. I learned to relax a bit more and let things take their course after breaking up with Boyfriend #3. He was a true monster in every regard, a total control-freak. I resolved to never let myself become like him. As a result, I don't normally get jealous with my husband. He sometimes goes out after work to have a drink or two with his coworkers, but always comes home in time for dinner. He's allowed to have fun, of course. Everyone is. But I get a little protective if we're at a party and I think someone is moving in on my guy. Hands off! Mine!

I guess the rules change a bit when you're married. A little bit of jealousy is okay, just to remind people that your partner is already taken, but you don't have to worry too much. After all, he/she said yes to you, not the other guy.

Edited by Page Scrawler

Aw man, you know when I was a kid and hiding my feelings from everyone, I used to simply assume that anyone I was interested in was straight and there was no way I was ever going to have a boyfriend. Any girl they spoke with felt like competition that I just wasn't going to measure up to. I was jealous of girls just for being girls. Which made me angry cause I liked being a boy, almost as much as I liked other boys. Granted, the locker room or shower in school gave me a better view than they would ever have of just about anyone I ever wanted to see naked or even close to it. Just the fact that I felt that I needed to pretend I wasn't interested just felt so unfair. I guess I grew up in the wrong decade to be comfortably open that way. (The right one for open showers with friends after P.E. though. <grin>)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..