[Vlista] Cameron Chapter 9

WOW! This felt like a really important chapter. Obviously it would be anyway since it was the first (non-drunken) time Cameron and Cole make love! However, it also really served to better illuminate Cameron. Until this chapter there was very little emphasis placed on his (seemingly) low self-esteem. This chapter, however, offers great insight into his character and inner feelings as he poses the question of whether or not he

Wow! That was an AWESOME chapter! :2thumbs:

First of all, the sex was totally hot. It took nine chapters to get there, but it was well worth the wait. And it was really nice to see what was going on in Cameron's mind as it was happening, how it felt "special" to him, and how different it was than the one-night stands he'd always had before.

Cameron's feelings toward the end of the chapter, thinking about love, and wondering whether or not Cole felt the same way about him, was very well done. Those are doubts that I think most people feel, and they were expressed very well. You can also tell how new of a feeling all of this was to Cameron, and how he's just totally blown away by it. He knew he liked Cole, but after their night together, it seems like the intensity of those feelings hit him like a Mack truck. He's fallen very hard, very fast.

I don't think he needs to worry, though. Cole's wish that they could spent Friday AND Saturday nights together was a good sign, as was all the snuggling, and especially Cole suggesting that Cameron even come live with him! If I was Cameron, I would have said 'yes' in a heartbeat, but I can see where he's coming from ... although I think Cole may have been jumping the gun. They haven't known each other all that long, after all.

Nevertheless ... this isn't the end ... it was a wonderful night for both Cameron and Cole, but I have a feeling there's gonna be some BIG trouble ahead, and some serious obstacles to overcome.

Anyway, great chapter, Vance! :worship:

*Hugz*

Buddha

President and #1 Fan, Official VLista Fan Club (fan club website coming soon! :D )

Vance, As always you seem to get inside of your characters really well and understand the dynamics of the situation. Best of all you write about it so well. Hot sweet cool and leaving me with more anticipation. I agree with CJames I think that Kyle may have a thang for our boy. Between all of the great stories here I am having trouble leaving my internet hookup here in Seville(the fact it is a beautiful place doesnt hurt). Am really thinking of either staying here or putting the boat up here and flying home so I can be on the internet, be with my rather extended and special family and sail in Maine for a while. Who knows. Have to go jump in the pool it is very hot here. Pax Steve sv Gandalf Sevilla

Great chapter...I loved to see all that insight into Cameron's character.

As to Kyle, I somehow doubt he is gay...but I think to really find out, we need to see more of his girlfriend, and how the two interact (which I actually really want to happen, because so far, the only female character that's actually somewhat important is the oh so stereotypical Mrs. Harris..whom I really don't like).

A small thing that I wasn't sure about: when they're pondering who will be on top, there's a point where I wasn't sure if Vance meant that Cameron was never on top, or that Cole has never been on top. It doesn't make sense that Cameron has never been on top, because of all his sexual escapedes, and yet... am I the only who's a bit confused?

A small thing that I wasn't sure about: when they're pondering who will be on top, there's a point where I wasn't sure if Vance meant that Cameron was never on top, or that Cole has never been on top. It doesn't make sense that Cameron has never been on top, because of all his sexual escapedes, and yet... am I the only who's a bit confused?

Cameron is a bottom. Some guys just don't like, or are never interested in, being a top. Of course, I personally don't understand that one ( :P ), but I've known more than a few guys who are that way ... so it's not surprising to me that Cameron has only ever bottomed, regardless of how many guys he's been with ... that's just what he likes!

I thought it was certainly interesting, though, since Shane in "Shane" (hehe) was also a total bottom.

Buddha

Vance, As always you seem to get inside of your characters really well and understand the dynamics of the situation. Best of all you write about it so well. Hot sweet cool and leaving me with more anticipation. I agree with CJames I think that Kyle may have a thang for our boy. Between all of the great stories here I am having trouble leaving my internet hookup here in Seville(the fact it is a beautiful place doesnt hurt). Am really thinking of either staying here or putting the boat up here and flying home so I can be on the internet, be with my rather extended and special family and sail in Maine for a while. Who knows. Have to go jump in the pool it is very hot here. Pax Steve sv Gandalf Sevilla

Steve, I think it's only fair to warn you that agreeing with me is the fastest and most efficient way to destroy your credibility on any group! :P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

Seriously though, I'm really looking forward to seeing how that angle plays out...

I hope you have a great time on your sailing sojourn! Seville is indeed beautiful. Where are you heading next? Are you on an around-the-world sail?

As to Kyle, I somehow doubt he is gay...but I think to really find out, we need to see more of his girlfriend, and how the two interact (which I actually really want to happen, because so far, the only female character that's actually somewhat important is the oh so stereotypical Mrs. Harris..whom I really don't like).

Kyle has a girlfriend? I don't recall seeing one mentioned? I may of course be just not remembering, as it's been a while since I've read the earlier chapters.

If he does have a girlfriend, then that may indeed be very significant. I just hope that she is either his real girlfriend, or a *fully aware and informed* "cover". I stress the *aware and informed" part because one thing I utterly despise is a gay guy "leading on" a girl for use as a cover. I consider that to be very, very cruel if she is unaware of the situation, and as I like Kyle, I hope he wouldn't do that.

Edited by C James
That wasn't quite my thought, I just think Kyle is going to be hurt that he and Cameron have been so close for so long and that Cameron is leading a "double life" of sorts (much more so than most closested guys IMO).

I agree.

From chapter 1:

He looked up quickly as a shadow fell over his table and smiled seeing Kyle, one of his closest friends, smiling down at him.
BTW, the term you were looking for is, I think, beard.

Ohhhh thank you so much!! :2thumbs: That was driving me crazy! That was the word I was looking for, and now that I've heard it I don't think their is an equivalent for lesbians.

Oh, I think I'd better make myself clear (I muddled it the first time): I strongly disapprove of "beards" or "covers" *ONLY* if one party is being "lead on" or is otherwise unaware of the situation.

I did realize this is what you meant, and I agree. I don't really care if they're doing it knowingly either, though as you said it's not how I would choose to live my life.

I have a couple of close friends (a gay guy and a Lesbian) who are a "couple" in that way (they are actually married), and I sure have no problems with that. Wouldn't be my choice, but it's their life.

Speaking of Gaydar... I was close friends with both of them for over two years before I discovered that they were gay. The only way I found out was they they kept trying to set me up with "a nice girl from work" so, I came out to them, which caused them to come out to me! Evidently, their gaydar is no better than mine. :lmao: (which is funny in itself, as they both claim to have it!)

Whoaa! What a funny story! :lmao::lol: I'm glad you told us that! :funny:

Actually, while I don't think I'd choose it for myself, I can see how a situation like that could arise. I have a lesbian friend whom I have a very complicated relationship with. Throughout high school we basically were each others "covers", though without even intending to be, we were just really close friends and people made assumptions (which we did deny). Though at one point earlier on in our friendship she later confided she was in love with me. And truthfully at one point after this (thankfully our timing never was right, or it could have gotten seriously weird) I was in love with her. Well I guess we weren't really in love more like a crush or something. But it is strange I suppose. I am physically attracted to women occasionally (but not that often), however, in almost all cases the attraction is purely physical and I couldn't imagine any sort of relationship forming. I feel like I couldn't have the "romantic" connection. YET, in this instance I just referenced it was almost the opposite, I don't think I ever was particularly attracted to her on a physical level, but I definitely felt a romantic/emotional connection. ***shrugs*** people and their attractions are odd things, this is why I'm firmly resolved to pursuing anyone (unattached) that I "fall for" (in a complete way and who could have feelings for me), regardless of any demographic information (as long as they're of legal age of course). I'm just fairly certain that person is likely to be another guy around my age.

Anyway I'm definitely glad it never did work out with my friend and I because I think we both deserve a more "complete" relationship, but I can see how something like that could happen.

Hmmm.. I wonder if a discussion of Gaydar would make for a fun thread in the lounge? I think I'll go give it a try....

ohhhh I wanna play!! ***frolics over to the lounge***

All the best,

Kevin

Edited by AFriendlyFace
Ohhhh thank you so much!! :2thumbs: That was driving me crazy! That was the word I was looking for, and now that I've heard it I don't think their is an equivalent for lesbians.

I don't know if I'm correct or not, but in my expiriance the guy a Lesbian is with for cover is a "beard", while the cover girlfriend of a gay guy is a "cover". I have, however, heard "beard" used for both, though not often.

Actually, while I don't think I'd choose it for myself, I can see how a situation like that could arise. I have a lesbian friend whom I have a very complicated relationship with. Throughout high school we basically were each others "covers", though without even intending to be, we were just really close friends and people made assumptions (which we did deny). Though at one point earlier on in our friendship she later confided she was in love with me. And truthfully at one point after this (thankfully our timing never was right, or it could have gotten seriously weird) I was in love with her. Well I guess we weren't really in love more like a crush or something. But it is strange I suppose. I am physically attracted to women occasionally (but not that often), however, in almost all cases the attraction is purely physical and I couldn't imagine any sort of relationship forming. I feel like I couldn't have the "romantic" connection. YET, in this instance I just referenced it was almost the opposite, I don't think I ever was particularly attracted to her on a physical level, but I definitely felt a romantic/emotional connection. ***shrugs*** people and their attractions are odd things, this is why I'm firmly resolved to pursuing anyone (unattached) that I "fall for" (in a complete way and who could have feelings for me), regardless of any demographic information (as long as they're of legal age of course). I'm just fairly certain that person is likely to be another guy around my age.

Wow. Thanks for sharing that. That could indeed have been weird for you. What I find very interesting though is that you do sometimes have physical attraction to women, but not emotional. I'm the opposite: I've often found some women emotionally attractive, but never felt any physical attraction at all. So, your feelings for your freind would have been the norm for me when it comes to women. Maybe that's why I have so many Lesbian friends.

It sounds to me like you have a great outlook!

Anyway I'm definitely glad it never did work out with my friend and I because I think we both deserve a more "complete" relationship, but I can see how something like that could happen.

Yep... I've seen gay guys who end up in straight marraiges, so I would guess it would be sort of like that for both of you. Not a good situation IMHO.

The Married couple I mentioned are basically married on paper only. They do live together, but at separate ends of a very large house. As far as I know, they have never been more than just good friends. From what they say, I think they got married mainly for legal and financial reasons.

Hmmmm, I wonder if this is a form of Gay marriage that even the homophobes could support? :P

After some thought, though, I think you are right about Cameron: he must have at least some "gaydar" to have been able to find guys to hook up with as often as he did.

So, I just started reading Cameron tonight. I finished up to chapter 9 like 30 seconds ago. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is a wonderful story. Just another story to show Vance's greatness. And dare I say his superiority to another VERY popular author on GA? Yes I do. Vance is the GREATEST author ever!

I think that I have a slight HUGE crush on Cole. He is just such a great character. He is so realistic.

I love you Vance!!

Kurt (Vance's Biggest Fan) :D

Am I the only was little disappointed that there was not that much going on the sex scene yook up the entire chapter. Well we did get some character development at the very end. So it was an ok chapter.