Kickstarter - Portrait Workshop

• Site Administrator

This is pretty interesting... I've supported it.  I'm looking forward to it.

• Like 2
On 2/7/2020 at 1:08 AM, Myr said:

This is another one I've jumped on...

Hero forge is cool. My D&D group all have custom minis from there now. (Here's mine.) But I'm not sold on the pre-painted ones. But then, I guess I find it hard to separate minis from the act of painting them. The two are so very interlinked to me. And it doesn't feel worth it to pay extra for a pre-painted one when I can do it myself. Though I've no doubt it can be useful for those who don't have the time or ability to do it themselves. 

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator
On 2/13/2020 at 7:21 PM, Thorn Wilde said:

Though I've no doubt it can be useful for those who don't have the time or ability to do it themselves. 

This is me.  I have a 3d printer and I like printing minis... but I still suck at painting and time is a factor.  I'll be buying a few color printed minis when they become available.  Character models for characters in my stories. :)

• Like 3
On 2/17/2020 at 6:03 AM, BKWildenberg said:

OMG both of these Kickstarters look amazing! I'm the kind of person who will boot up a new game, spend 90 minutes in a Character Creator, and then be too sleepy to play the first mission. So these are really speaking to me, haha. 

Dude, same! And I keep creating new ones... I cannot count how many Skyrim characters I've had (and yet, I'm pretty sure I've yet to play an argonian), I've started at least a dozen play-throughs of Fallout 4 (but only finished the main quest once), I've played every race in Dragon Age Origins and Inquisition, and have played the Mass Effect trilogy all the way through seven times with different Shepards with different classes, genders, backstories and moral alignments. It's like an obsession. lol

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Site Administrator

image.png

I can definitely see myself using Hero Forge 2 to create a ton of visual character prompts. lol.  And, I will, of course, order some physical ones to go with the handy screenshot feature.

I mean... I see a Ranger Warg in my future writing already...

• Love 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Site Administrator

Screenshot.png

Oh yeah.. playing with this is going to be fun....

• Love 1

The only thing I wish Hero Forge did was anatomically correct miniatures. Got a character that runs around naked, except for certain gear strapped on, and I can do everything but parts hanging out. LOL

• Haha 1
  • Site Administrator
15 minutes ago, Brayon said:

but parts hanging out. LOL

The front part.  the image from behind is nice indeed.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 months later...
  • Site Administrator

My character is getting printed now! woot!

image.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Site Administrator

It arrived today!

image.png

This is pretty cool for 3d color printing process. It's hard to get a good lighting set up for pictures without setting up the light booth, and I'm not going to do that for a quick snapshot. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 6 months later...
  • Site Administrator

I may or may not still be having fun with making characters to stick into my world building data... or my GA Profile...

image.png

• Like 2