Albums / Add images

Go to solution Solved by Myr,

iPad6

iOS 13.3.1

Tried uploading a screenshot (file size 980kb) 6 times and it always gets stuck at this point...

...except I can’t show show you because when I try to load the screenshot of the stuck screen, although it does “progress” and doesn’t get stuck, I then get:

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX0

What am I doing wrong?

Can you help please?

Thanks

Edit - the “stuck screen” screenshot has now loaded!

large.8FC2F364-D6C4-4EE3-9D74-5CF563615A6E.png.e11f08ade6b2aadd8c1f0d95b944f144.png

Edited by Zombie
  • Site Administrator

There are 8 blank images uploaded to your gallery. This may be a bug, but then you were able to add a screenshot after those 8 blank images...which makes me wonder if this wasn't an issue of your internet having speed issues preventing the file from uploading? 

Just watched a YouTube HD video immediately after trying to upload the same 980kb screenshot pic to my Album which seems to preclude internet speed issues?

This time I waited longer and eventually the loading completed - then the screen showed this (screenshot = 581kb file size):

large.71F091BD-C312-47F8-8C61-0BAA40F9560C.png.a7e5746c4949fbc09553a0973b5a520a.png

So...

an image file of 449kb (screenshot yesterday) uploads just fine

an image file of 581kb (screenshot just now - above) also uploads just fine

an image file of 980kb (screenshot yesterday and attempted to upload again just now) fails to upload multiple times even though youtube HD video runs fine

Any further thoughts?

thanks

• Site Administrator
  • Solution

It looks like it is hitting a size cap, but not telling you. I've had that happened to me as well.

4 hours ago, Myr said:

It looks like it is hitting a size cap, but not telling you. I've had that happened to me as well.

Just successfully loaded another screenshot image of 560 kB so, yeah, looks like the size cap is somewhere between 581 and 980 kB, and not the 1.5Mb as advertised...

Since you and I seem to be the only ones having this problem does that mean the issue is with the device being used - my iPad6 and your device?

• Site Administrator

@Zombie I tweaked some settings in the member's group.  please try again.

(My issue occurred in Firefox on windows when I was doing a mass upload of CJames files, which were fairly sizable.)

4 hours ago, northie said:

I have no issues loading images of 1.5 mb into albums using a Samsung tablet with Android. Can't offer any other assistance, I'm afraid.

Samsung = I have no issues

Apple = I have issues

nuff said

4 hours ago, Myr said:

@Zombie I tweaked some settings in the member's group.  please try again.

(My issue occurred in Firefox on windows when I was doing a mass upload of CJames files, which were fairly sizable.)

Thanks for trying but still getting the same gibberish as shown in the screenshot posted above (tried twice again)

My overall experience with the iPad is pretty negative (“the answer’s No - now what’s the question?”) so I suspect Apple is the most likely cause...

• Site Administrator
1 hour ago, Zombie said:

Thanks for trying but still getting the same gibberish as shown in the screenshot posted above (tried twice again)

My overall experience with the iPad is pretty negative (“the answer’s No - now what’s the question?”) so I suspect Apple is the most likely cause...

I have never been a fan of apple products. Thus I don't have them and cannot troubleshoot the quirks they have. I can't say it is your device, but I can't duplicate it on my gadgets. 

• Like 1