RIP Olympia Dukakis. . . .You'll always be Mrs. Madrigal to me

I know, that's a super-weird choice as the first role to come to mind -- but her character on Tales of the City was a memorable part of my baby-queer existence. <Sniff>.

• Like 4

She and her husband ran a theater project in Montclair, New Jersey, which did a combination of classics and workshops of new works.  They did the best production of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I've ever seen, using actors from the local college.  I don't know how long they were able to keep the operation going, but my lover and I really enjoyed all the performances we attended.

She got to say my favorite line in Steel Magnolias:  "You are evil and must be destroyed."

Edited by BigBen
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2021 at 11:13 AM, BigBen said:

She got to say my favorite line in Steel Magnolias:  "You are evil and must be destroyed."

I have to correct myself:  it was Ouiser (Shirley McLaine) who said that line to Clairee (Olympia Dukakis), not the other way around.  Sorry!  The perils of growing old . . . .