An official or legal cancellation

Annulment

The termination of a relationship

Profligacy

Dissolute indulgence in sensual pleasure

Unrestrained by convention or morality

self-indulgence

debauchary

Therefore, a vacation is the ultimate act of debauchary even at the cost of relationships or other binding (legal) contracts.

Now what does this have to do with my summer anthology entry?

I don't know yet. I'm working on a plot... but have you heard the term "what happens in vegas stays in vegas"?

Lugh

I like the "dissolute indulgence in sensual pleasure"...

Chuckle

And there is always the very popular "debauchery". That defines Vegas, as far as I'm concerned.

There are plenty of people I know that aren't restrained by convention or morality - including some in corporate America!

I like where you're going with this. As usual, you find a way to take a different path (per my Robert Frost quote, I might add!). I can sense some fun coming our way.

Go for it blue Lugh - we're with you!

Centaur :2hands:

who you calling a tease?

this is a tease:

"There is a problem with the ship's life support system, Captain, we need to put into Vega-5 for repairs. The steward is already making arrangements for non-essential personnel to be placed into hotels as space permits. I do believe your son is on that list."

"Vega-5 is a moon of pure unabashed debauchery!" The Captain blanched, "my boy has lived a very cockered life."

"Well, cockered or not, he can't stay aboard ship. I do believe the steward has him berthed at Mandalay Bay, which is a very exclusive hotel. He should be just fine sir."

Haha, sounds interesting. Come to think of it, a space opera would be a good future category.

I thought some of those categories were a bit too broad. Some narrowing of the spectrum would make the stories bleed together better. Like a certain kind of vacation. But one works with what is available.

~~~

BTW I dont think I ever stated it anywhere before (I

Edited by Umbathri