• Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Carlos Hazday said:

It's all those metric/imperial conversion that have me confused.

Even though Canada went metrics years and years ago, I still think and calculate in imperial because I find imperial measurements easier to visualize. 

PS: I decided to look up when the change occurred: 

April 1, 1975. 

Can you guess what a lot of people thought about the switch? :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Even though Canada went metrics years and years ago, I still think and calculate in imperial because I find imperial measurements easier to visualize. 

PS: I decided to look up when the change occurred: 

April 1, 1975. 

Can you guess what a lot of people thought about the switch? :P 

I think the US tried to switch at the same time. I recall cars showing both miles and kilometers on the speedometer and for a while speed signs on some highways did too. That fizzled out. But we do buy Coca-Cola and Jack Daniels by the liter. :P

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeah, dinner at La Boqueria Market, tomorrow lunch is on me, just got some toys for Liebe here at home. 
Don’t be envious, bitches, @Carlos Hazday sent me their number, just got a paella 🥘 for them and you know CJ and wining and dining…

Edited by JACC
  • Haha 3
26 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

CJ @ 30 and Owen @ 35 (both actors are 30 in the images) As far as my stories are concerned, those pictures were taken at a vermuteria in Barcelona. Right @JACC? LMAO

image.jpeg.1abeee49610157d4907c63e0023d2657.jpeg image.jpeg.e2b96fba6282682331b5951579e9247a.jpeg

Couldn’t find the drooling 🤤 Emoji….

• Haha 4
Just now, JACC said:

Yeah, dinner at La Boqueria Market, tomorrow lunch is in me, just got done toys for Liebe here at home. 
Don’t be envious, bitches, @Carlos Hazday sent me their number, just got a paella 🥘 for them and you know CJ and wining and dining…

I have paella inked in for Cesar's birthday dinner. Can you line up the flamenco dancers?

As for wine, there's a particular Spanish one I'm trying to remember name and vintage. Not a Rioja, it was and incredible red I had years ago. Liked it so much I bought a couple of cases.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

I have paella inked in for Cesar's birthday dinner. Can you line up the flamenco dancers?

As for wine, there's a particular Spanish one I'm trying to remember name and vintage. Not a Rioja, it was and incredible red I had years ago. Liked it so much I bought a couple of cases.

Difficult question, really. On New Year’s Eve I took a Ribera del Duero 2012 reserva (your vintage?) to friends for dinner: spectacular. I’m really partial to Riberas, although there are some Somontanos (check up Enate or Viñas del Vero) that are really GOOD… Famous Riberas: Protos, Pesquera and, of course, Vega Sicilia. I’ve had a couple of “Convento de San Francisco”, a small winery which could share a couple of things with our Listons…

By the way, could you have a word with Spencer? Haven’t got my Aussie wine delivery a couple of months back…

Edited by JACC
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

Vega Sicilia!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you. I'll check the others out too. I plan on using Portuguese, French (Champagne), Spanish, and Italian wines in that story. Kinda keeping them in line with the area. The Riberas sound intriguing. May have to check out the liquor store. A lot of the real wines (the reasonably priced ones) I've used in the story, I've tasted before, during, or after I include them.

Do you have a favorite Portuguese sparkling rose? Something to sip while lounging in the sun after lunch.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Vega Sicilia!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you. I'll check the others out too. I plan on using Portuguese, French (Champagne), Spanish, and Italian wines in that story. Kinda keeping them in line with the area. The Riberas sound intriguing. May have to check out the liquor store. A lot of the real wines (the reasonably priced ones) I've used in the story, I've tasted before, during, or after I include them.

Do you have a favorite Portuguese sparkling rose? Something to sip while lounging in the sun after lunch.

Mateus rosé, without a doubt. There will surely be a thousand different wines, it’s my favorite though (you can always blame me in the credits LOL)

• Haha 5

Talking about champagne, there is a Catalan bubbly, cava, that is quite good. There are a few of them that are really good, I’m partial to a Brut nature: herb, spicy and nothing to envy of the more expensive French ones. Recaredo reserva de la familia is a sure bet in my book. 

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, JACC said:

Talking about champagne, there is a Catalan bubbly, cava, that is quite good. There are a few of them that are really good, I’m partial to a Brut nature: herb, spicy and nothing to envy of the more expensive French ones. Recaredo reserva de la familia is a sure bet in my book. 

I had them drinking cava during brunch in the suite at the Mandarin Oriental. But I may have implied they used it for mimosas before Ritch showed up.

• Like 5

I stopped at a large liquor store this morning searching for wines to sample and maybe include in the series.

@JACC Los cabrones had a couple of Vega Sicilia bottles in the locked cabinets behind glass. I sure as hell did not pay the current price when some 30 years ago, I bought those cases I mentioned. I mean, inflation's a fact of life, but $550.00 a bottle? You bet Owen and CJ will be drinking the stuff. I won't. Way above my price point. :P

Still can't find Hunter Valley Verdelhos anywhere.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

I stopped at a large liquor store this morning searching for wines to sample and maybe include in the series.

@JACC Los cabrones had a couple of Vega Sicilia bottles in the locked cabinets behind glass. I sure as hell did not pay the current price when some 30 years ago, I bought those cases I mentioned. I mean, inflation's a fact of life, but $550.00 a bottle? You bet Owen and CJ will be drinking the stuff. I won't. Way above my price point. :P

Still can't find Hunter Valley Verdelhos anywhere.

Vega Sicilia wines are really good but in my opinion hopelessly overpriced. Maybe Mr. Bezos can sponsor some?

• Haha 5
  • 2 months later...
10 hours ago, erik bagge said:

Nice and calm chapter, it'll be fun to see what happens next... 

It may have been a calm chapter, but it probably has more info to unpack than most other chapters. Back to Mexico City in the next chapter.

Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Like 4