21 minutes ago, tabaqui said:

The reason I logged on GA after dinner to see if you maybe posted a suprise since it's a new month  and look what we get.

Great teaser

Funny how as in real life, I now have to deal with an infant. I can't just have CJ and Owen fly off to Cancun or something without taking her into account. Ooops, wait, they do fly off to Cancun in an upcoming chapter. LOL

Anyway, next snippet I'll try to post something introducing a few more of CJ's coworkers at the embassy.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Daddydavek said:

What's the plan for the date to publish?   The 22nd is the first day of Autumn....:whistle:

knowing Carlos he probably is going to tease us until 22 feb 2022 (but that's not on a Friday) so I'm hoping for and autumn or otherwise 1 October  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Daddydavek said:

What's the plan for the date to publish?   The 22nd is the first day of Autumn....:whistle:

Unfortunately, I don't think that will be feasible. I cranked out almost 3k words today on chapter 30 (I cheated since the chapter covers the 2022 Oscars and I borrowed from Ranger,) and I could have as many as ten more chapters to write. That would normally not be a big deal, but the fact my editor is distracted with other projects at this time means he hasn't even started working on my story. As you can probably tell in the excerpt I shared, it's not as clean as it would be if Mann had provided guidance.

As a last resort, if he doesn't have time for me in the near future, I'll start posting on 01/01/22 (tradition) even if unedited. I can always update the chapters once he's helped me out.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, tabaqui said:

knowing Carlos he probably is going to tease us until 22 feb 2022 (but that's not on a Friday) so I'm hoping for and autumn or otherwise 1 October  

I'm sticking to Fridays as my preferred posting day. Of course, I realize some of you would like me to post 5 days a week, but I ain't that good. Takes me forever to write.

I won't make you wait until 22022022

• Like 3
  • Love 2
On 9/1/2021 at 12:38 PM, Carlos Hazday said:

Funny how as in real life, I now have to deal with an infant. I can't just have CJ and Owen fly off to Cancun or something without taking her into account. Ooops, wait, they do fly off to Cancun in an upcoming chapter. LOL

CDMX is the abbreviation for Mexico City as in:  "Ciudad de México, locally [sjuˈða(ð) ðe ˈmexiko] (); abbreviated as CDMX"

I guess that means we have to wait until next year to finally find out the details about what went down in Mexico....

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
5 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

As you can probably tell in the excerpt I shared, it's not as clean as it would be if Mann had provided guidance.

Oh, I  don’t know about that Carlos. You’re getting quite good with wordy bits, imo. ;)

26 minutes ago, Daddydavek said:

CDMX is the abbreviation for Mexico City as in:  "Ciudad de México, locally [sjuˈða(ð) ðe ˈmexiko] (); abbreviated as CDMX"

I guess that means we have to wait until next year to finally find out the details about what went down in Mexico....

You know, I was just wondering what CDMX meant. Thanks Daddy D! 

Sorry Carlos, I just wasn’t that curious before for some reason. Other things on my mind I guess… :D 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2
11 hours ago, Daddydavek said:

When I plotted out CJ's life a few years ago, my intent was for the book covering his time at the Mexico City embassy to be named just that: Mexico City. Even while working on previous stories I was already plotting this one. I discovered Mexico City, which most locals referred to as DF for Distrito Federal, was just like Washington DC, not a real state but a separate entity. That changed a couple of years ago. It went from Ciudad Mexico D.F. to Ciudad de Mexico. That's abbreviated to CDMX as you found out, and it sounded cool to name the story that way.

11 hours ago, Daddydavek said:

Yep. Even if I started weekly postings today, the "incident" wouldn't show up until the last couple of chapters. I'm working on chapter 30 right now, and that gives CDMX the largest chapter count of any story I've ever posted.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Oh, I  don’t know about that Carlos. You’re getting quite good with wordy bits, imo. ;)

You know, I was just wondering what CDMX meant. Thanks Daddy D! 

Sorry Carlos, I just wasn’t that curious before for some reason. Other things on my mind I guess… :D 

Keep a sharp eye for ANY boo boos. Mann usually scales things back when I get too wordy, I think that comes through.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... You're just taking CJ for granted. he won't like that when I tell him.

• Haha 4
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

I'm hoping a large number of readers have seen them and simply failed to react.

I think that's pretty likely. I'm constantly amazed at how many views Never Too Late's discussion thread gets without anyone reacting or joining in. 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, tabaqui said:

forget you, CJ and his clan? no way

Thanks for this nice teaser.

I think the new character introduced here, Calum, may be a tad more likeable than the one in the previous excerpt, Stephen Northman. I felt the need for another Aussie. :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
19 minutes ago, northie said:

I think that's pretty likely. I'm constantly amazed at how many views Never Too Late's discussion thread gets without anyone reacting or joining in. 🤷‍♂️ 

For a variety of reasons, I've unfortunately done it myself. I find myself browsing through the site without signing in on a regular basis. :(

Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Like 4