My reading history is missing my stories that I am following

When I opened my Reading History,  I only have two stories that are there now.  Where did all of the stories I was following go to  and why did they leave?  When I go to my Reading History it just asks me to set up my reading history.   It has worked well until today. 

• Site Administrator

@bottomguy

The system is working normally so far as I can tell. However, I have no earthly idea whatsoever as to what you are doing here.  Can you please explain what it is you are attempting to do by adding a large number of empty story collections?

image.png

• Site Administrator

Reading History is Automatic once you turn it on.  It is limited to a set number of stories for a set number of days. Those values are displayed when you click "My Reading History" on the main story pages. (A maximum of 50 stories for 30 days as of this post)

Story Collections are a way to create a group of stories and hold them for as long as you have an active account.  It does not track what you have read, as of this posting. Such as "My Favorite Stories" or "My Favorite Fantasy Stories". The image shown above shows collections, but without any stories in them and named after stories. 

"Following" content from a software perspective is subscribing to notifications for a story.  Followed Content can be managed from the menu on the upper right of the page under your username under "Manage Followed Content" https://gayauthors.org/followed/

There are tabs along the left side of the screen on desktop size devices that allow you to select type of content you want to manage. Stories or Story Authors being the most common.

More details on collections, such as adding stories to them, can be found in the Help/FAQ: https://gayauthors.org/faq/stories-archive/reader-questions/

I  was in the process of putting stories in the collections.  But had to leave before I finished.  This is my first attempt at putting stories onto my collection.  As for all of the stories I had been following. I would open the reading history and move to the story that had been updated.  When I hit the follow tab on each story I wanted to follow, it was moved into my reading history.  That is where I would go to read my stories I wanted to follow.  I did have several stories there that i wanted to move to collections,  But have not had the time to do so.  I was a little surprised when I opened my reading history tab I would just get the message window to set up my reading history.  I have not seen that before.  Is there something that I did not do correctly as far as the reading history?  I just always enjoyed reading the stories and following those that peaked my interest. 

• Site Administrator

Ah. I am tied up today, so I do not have time to reply in detail. If you had Reading History working previously, it is most likely that you deleted it, or the system might have when you maxed out your collections. 

So just read stories for now and stop attempting to do anything with collections until someone on staff is able to address this.