Excellent chapter, Vance! :worship:

Normally, I'm not too big on the whole "family thing," and would prefer all gay teen boys being able to live on their own and lead their own lives ... but obviously that's not very practical. Parents can be a real obstacle and cause all kinds of problems for kids, gay or straight, and unfortunately, there are many more dysfunctional parents and families out there than good ones.

With that said, though, I think you've done an excellent job at portraying Cameron's mom, making her into a very sympathetic character, one which the reader will like. Personally, I'm kind of hoping he'll get out of Mr. Harris' house and go back to live with his mother. We'll just have to wait and see how she deals with the "gay" thing, though. If she accepts it, it would make things a lot easier on Cameron, as well as being much more convenient for Cameron and Cole to be together more often. I can definitely sense the angst they are feeling in not being able to spend as much time together as they'd like, and that's such a common feeling for young teen lovers, ALWAYS wanting to be together, snuggling together, wrapped up in each others' arms ... it always seems like there's never enough time.

Anyway, great job ... a very enjoyable chapter, as usual! :great:

*Hugz*

Buddha

Wow Kinda surprised by Mr Harris reaction to Camerons mom. I'm with Buddha on getting Cameron out of Mr Harris's home, Too bad cole and cameron can't live together.

Excellent Chapter Vance. :worship:

Thanks Vance. Great Chapter. I have been thinking of all the Dickens and Mark Twain and other stories from the mid to late 1800's that were serialized in newspapers and magazines and now this is being replicated here on the net.

I am pulling a LB. After 2 years of living away from my partner and other extended family as i sail about on my own I have arranged to put the boat up next week and will fly into Boston right about the time the fireworks go off. Hope the buses are running that night. I am looking forward to being home for awhile before I return to this semi nomadic life I live. So I lose internet from monday until i get re connected at home which could take a bit as my fosterson and his wife are living there and I may not have a hookup. So glad no cliff hanger from you. the other authors aren't cooperating so well though.. lol. Pax all. Steve still in Sevilla but leaving soooon..

Another great chapter..I was shocked why Cameron mom left I thought she would have had some dumb reason but I found my self actualyl sympathetizing with her than disliking her which surprised me. But I wonder what happen between her and Mr. Harris why doesn't they get along mmm maybe there were once an item in high school perhaps. I am curious to learn more about her and what she did when she was out in the world finding that so called happyness. So many more questiosn are rasied in this chapter.

Well, I loved the chapter, it answered a lot of questions I had. However there was no Lucinda Williams or Christine or Mary. :(

I am thinking that Cameron will either come out to his mother, or she somehow finds out about Cameron and Cole. I think that she will not like it, or not be able to deal with it and once again leave. But, I am also thinking that she would be very understanding considering what she went through with her marriage, and maybe she will lovingly accept Cameron. Maybe he will eventually move in with his mother, and things with Cole will get a little better because he will have a little more freedom.

Vance, it was another wonderful chapter, and I cannot wait for more. I hope that you are feeling better. :hug:

Kurt :D

Hey, Kurt, you're an editor! :great: Good for you, dude! Btw, I really like your signature quote. :D

Overall, Cameron's mom's return (to the scene of the crime) is a good thing....so far. At least Cameron wants to give it a shot and it's really his call to make. He also has Cole's support which is very important to him right now. He also has Mr. Harris' threats to his mother as another safeguard. As Cameron himself admits, though, getting hurt again would be devastating for him. We're talking 12 years here. That is a long time. What does she know about parenting, especially a male adolescent? I'm really curious as to what she's been up to these last twelve years.

What really concerns me now is, will Cameron's dad re-enter the story? :angry: Will he want to re-establish a relationship with his ex? Cameron has already enlightened his mom on his dad's behaviour towards him....but, you never know.

My tongue-in-cheek scenario will see Cameron meeting his mother's lesbian lover when he decides to move in with her. :wacko: :P That would be good for Cam's and Cole's relationship!!! :great:

I must admit I found Mr. Harris' reaction to Cameron's mom a wee bit harsh. He's usually not one to show his hand so early in the game. There also seems to be some history between them as well.

Great job, Vance. :worship:

Hugs,

Conner :boy:

Hey, Kurt, you're an editor! :great: Good for you, dude! Btw, I really like your signature quote. :D

Thanks! Right now, I am editing It Feels Like Monday by lostone. A link to it is in my signature. Regarding the quote: I also really like it... hence it being in my signature, :P but it would then mean that GA is my 'home' and that is great! Thanks Connor! :D

What really concerns me now is, will Cameron's dad re-enter the story? :angry: Will he want to re-establish a relationship with his ex? Cameron has already enlightened his mom on his dad's behaviour towards him....but, you never know.

Okay, I think that even if Cameron's father would want to re-establish a relationship with Cameron's mother, she in no way would want to. Didn't she say that she never even loved Cameron's father? So, even if 'father' wants to, 'mother' would not, and 'father's' attempts would soon be over. Or something like that. :D

I must admit I found Mr. Harris' reaction to Cameron's mom a wee bit harsh. He's usually not one to show his hand so early in the game. There also seems to be some history between them as well.

I think that the only reason that he was so harsh was because that they MUST have some 'bad' history together.

Kurt :D

LB,

I am surprised by your comment as in your story (for those who have done it yet Something Out Of The Blue is a "must read") I find that maggie is a major character and a major factor in Ryan and Toby being so confortable with themselves

Excellent chapter, Vance! :worship:

Normally, I'm not too big on the whole "family thing," and would prefer all gay teen boys being able to live on their own and lead their own lives ... but obviously that's not very practical. Parents can be a real obstacle and cause all kinds of problems for kids, gay or straight, and unfortunately, there are many more dysfunctional parents and families out there than good ones.

With that said, though, I think you've done an excellent job at portraying Cameron's mom, making her into a very sympathetic character, one which the reader will like. Personally, I'm kind of hoping he'll get out of Mr. Harris' house and go back to live with his mother. We'll just have to wait and see how she deals with the "gay" thing, though. If she accepts it, it would make things a lot easier on Cameron, as well as being much more convenient for Cameron and Cole to be together more often. I can definitely sense the angst they are feeling in not being able to spend as much time together as they'd like, and that's such a common feeling for young teen lovers, ALWAYS wanting to be together, snuggling together, wrapped up in each others' arms ... it always seems like there's never enough time.

Anyway, great job ... a very enjoyable chapter, as usual! :great:

*Hugz*

Buddha

I very much enjoyed this chapter. :2thumbs:

It is very difficult to imagine what cameron has gone thru all these years and suddenly seing his mother.

I think that Vance describes very well the inner conflicts that Cameron experiences especially with the crucial question he asks himself "wondering if she was going to end up hurting him again".

I also agree with the concern about him being gay and his future relationhip with his mother.

Pascal

PS: as a side note on editing, I notice that you often use "then" instead of "than" in a comparative form ;)

PS: as a side note on editing, I notice that you often use "then" instead of "than" in a comparative form ;)

I apologize for the "then" and "than" fiasco; however, rest assured I am under the training of the all powerful Little Buddha in correcting the situation. I feel through this extensive "then" and "than" training my deficiency in this area will turn around! :D

*HUGS*

Vance

I really enjoyed this chapter! Excellent job, Vance!

I loved how at the beginning of the chapter when Carol was telling her story Cameron kept comparing what she was saying to how he felt and interacted with Cole. It provided a really great contrast. Then later when she said: