I'm only about 1/3 of the way finished with Chapter 22 ... it's hard to get the inspiration to write when only the few same posters chime in with their thoughts. So, don't be shy ...

I would have chimed in before, but I'm at a conference this week and there isn't much time to read and post, especially with my wife in the same room. She's cool with the fact that I'm more gay than striaght - it's a long story, but we really are soul mates. Any way, she may be cool with me, but she's not crazy about me spending so much time reading gay fiction. Oh well...

So, LB, this really is a great story and all I can say is keep up the great work! Have a safe trip home. B)

:D thanks for all the words of support, everyone!! after going to the pride parade yesterday (and having to tell my parents that i was going to the mall 0:) {wow, THEY'RE observant..) and feeling so welcome there, and being made so welcome here, im glad to say that i feel less alone, woohoo! hah we all have to deal with it at some point, i guess....

anyways, in relation to the whole song topic, two songs have sort of struck deep chords in me, and ive often thought about them when reading the story, even though if you were to analyze the lyrics of both, you might not agree. either way, amazing songs, and hopefully you'll either know them, or download them because they're just... amazing, heh:

Angel by Sarah McLachlan (sp?) - maybe a little overdone, you all probably know it, and...

Broken by Seether and Amy Lee - was really popular a year or two ago, then, like all popular songs, faded away... but i still love it!

anyhoo, until later... keep on keeping on!!!

:D thanks for all the words of support, everyone!! after going to the pride parade yesterday (and having to tell my parents that i was going to the mall 0:) {wow, THEY'RE observant..) and feeling so welcome there, and being made so welcome here, im glad to say that i feel less alone, woohoo! hah we all have to deal with it at some point, i guess....

anyways, in relation to the whole song topic, two songs have sort of struck deep chords in me, and ive often thought about them when reading the story, even though if you were to analyze the lyrics of both, you might not agree. either way, amazing songs, and hopefully you'll either know them, or download them because they're just... amazing, heh:

Angel by Sarah McLachlan (sp?) - maybe a little overdone, you all probably know it, and...

Broken by Seether and Amy Lee - was really popular a year or two ago, then, like all popular songs, faded away... but i still love it!

anyhoo, until later... keep on keeping on!!!

You seem to be a very strong young man. I think that you have a great many things that show how strong you are as a person. Keep your chin up and if you ever need someone to just talk with I am here as well as many others on the forum. We try to support each other and be there. You are never alone.

Boxerdude

Well, I'm probably going to be hated for saying this but Mikey was never really my favorite character and if someone had to go... *winces* Ok, you got me. I was really depressed when I found out he died. I'm just glad it wasn't Cody. I think I'm in love with Cody. He's like a Connor... just without the personal issues. Plus his mom is like a composite of a bunch of people I've known so that's cool too.

P.S. LB, sorry I was away when you messaged me earlier. If I see you on later, I'll message you ;)

***borrows C James' sunglasses and Steve's (flattoppp) large hat***

Hi everyone, I'm John. I'm new to the forum, but I just wanted to say what an excellent chapter I thought this was. I'm looking forward to reading more and I know chapter 22 will be worth the wait; however, I hope Buddha posts more for us to see ASAP!

-John (who's face is neither friendly nor familiar)

Hey, um, John... Glad to meet you, but I need my sunglasses back now.. :2hands:

:P

Ahh, that's better! B)

OK, now, on to business... Does anyone have any guesses as to what the next chapter title is? LB mentioned

that it's important, so I thought it might be fun to try and figure it out. :boy:

Edited by C James
I believe LBTW's borrowing them right now, until his FABULOUS Versace glasses get fixed B) .

Just picked them up, actually. Got the lens fixed, tightened the screws, and they got a good scrub down ... look as good as new! :D But, I'm actually wearing my Armani glasses at the moment, because my Versace ones have tinted lenses (not sunglasses, just slightly tinted), so I don't wear them indoors ... usually! B)

To get y'all started, here's the website with a list of all of Elton's song titles:http://www.eltonography.com/

Kitty

Considering Elton John has a back catalogue of, like, 36 years, that'd be an awful lot of songs to go through! hehe

*Hugz*

Buddha

P.S.- If y'all haven't read my latest blog entry yet, you should ... I saw the hottest guy on Monday morning at the doctor's office ... and let's just say I was quite excited when writing my last blog entry! 0:)

NOTE: I'll start a "Ch. 22 Pre-release Discussion" thread this weekend, so start thinking about what you think might happen, or what the chapter title may be, over the next few days, and then get ready to discuss this weekend! :boy:

Edited by LittleBuddhaTW
Well, I'm probably going to be hated for saying this but Mikey was never really my favorite character and if someone had to go... *winces* Ok, you got me. I was really depressed when I found out he died. I'm just glad it wasn't Cody. I think I'm in love with Cody. He's like a Connor... just without the personal issues. Plus his mom is like a composite of a bunch of people I've known so that's cool too.

P.S. LB, sorry I was away when you messaged me earlier. If I see you on later, I'll message you ;)

You won't be hated. In real life, this is a very common situation. I have grown up with many of my friends who ended up in the same situation that Mikey did. He was a great person in the story but, it was true to life. I have some very sad stories I could tell on the subject but I think you get the point. As you, I am a huge Cody fan.

Boxerdude :2thumbs:

just thought id post to say: 1. i love cody too, but now i just sound like im saying it because everyone else said it :P

and 2. i just heard "stone and water," from the memorial service.... SUCH a sad song, i cried again just thinking about that chapter lol (just a note: I'm not some crazed person who cries every five seconds - heh i havent cried in like months and this story and song made me cry twice in a day! so it must be good)

although the words of the song seemed to be different than the words posted in the story... are there two versions of the song?

just thought id post to say: 1. i love cody too, but now i just sound like im saying it because everyone else said it :P

and 2. i just heard "stone and water," from the memorial service.... SUCH a sad song, i cried again just thinking about that chapter lol (just a note: I'm not some crazed person who cries every five seconds - heh i havent cried in like months and this story and song made me cry twice in a day! so it must be good)

although the words of the song seemed to be different than the words posted in the story... are there two versions of the song?

When I went to napster, there where many version to the song and sang by different people. I usually make sure it is Elton John and go for the first version. It seems to be working, as I found the words to be almost exact.

Don't feel bad about crying. I is a normal emotional response to something that moves you emotionally. When you get to know characters in a story, you sort of become part of the story yourself. At least, that is what a good writer creates. Like LB, who has the ability to basically suck us all into the story. These characters are amost like our friends. I am going to be 42 tomorrow and I cried through the whole chapter almost. I am not flammer or anything like that, but I am very intouch with my emotions and I was moved. When you are moved, crying is away for you and your body to express yourslelf. Just know you are not crazy!!!!

Boxerdude :wub::hug:

Unfortunately, that's not the title of an Elton John song ... but I can safely say, I think, that the title of Chapter 22 is definitely a doozy! :P

LB

Then I would have to go with "Recover Your Soul." I think it really describes Ryan and I can see Connor singing it to him. Or maybe "Something about the Way You Look Tonight" as Ryan is coming back into reality.

Boxerdude :2thumbs:

Very perceptive, young grasshopper! :P There's a neat story behind that, actually. Back in 1997, right after Gianni Versace and Princess Diana passed away, Elton went on his "Big Picture Tour." He wanted to play something as a tribute to the two of them, and he had recently heard Beth Nielsen Chapman's "Sand and Water," and loved it. However, he didn't think the original lyrics of the second verse were fit for him to sing, since the song was originally written about Beth Nielsen Chapman's husband dying of cancer and her being left to raise their child alone. In fact, the entire album (also titled Sand and Water) is about her going through the grieving process for her husband.

Anywho, Elton was blown away by that song, and really wanted to sing it during his tour (and he doesn't do cover songs very often, so it was a pretty dig deal), so he rang up Beth Nielsen Chapman, and, needless to say, she was pretty blown away, and at Elton's request, she sat down and "tweaked" the lyrics to the second verse to be more fitting for him to sing. So, both versions of the lyrics were written by her.

And as for the *possible* title for Chapter 22, Boxerdude, let's wait until the weekend for the "Ch. 22 Pre-release discussion" thread to start discussing that! ;)

*Hugz*

Buddha

And as for the *possible* title for Chapter 22, Boxerdude, let's wait until the weekend for the "Ch. 22 Pre-release discussion" thread to start discussing that! ;)

*Hugz*

Buddha

Who would have known that Buddah was such a tease!! LOL :wub::hug: Can't wait so we can really start to figure out what is going on in that increadible mind of yours.

Thanks,

Boxerdude

I need my sunglasses back now.. :2hands:

I believe LBTW's borrowing them right now, until his FABULOUS Versace glasses get fixed B) .

"Fabulous"... :lmao::P

When I saw that, for some reason I saw LB... As Liberace! :P

But, I need my sunglasses back! I need them, because for some reason people just don't like the color of my eyes... Click the pic below and you will see what I mean...

Just picked them up, actually. Got the lens fixed, tightened the screws, and they got a good scrub down ... look as good as new! :D But, I'm actually wearing my Armani glasses at the moment, because my Versace ones have tinted lenses (not sunglasses, just slightly tinted), so I don't wear them indoors ... usually! B)

Considering Elton John has a back catalogue of, like, 36 years, that'd be an awful lot of songs to go through! hehe

NOTE: I'll start a "Ch. 22 Pre-release Discussion" thread this weekend, so start thinking about what you think might happen, or what the chapter title may be, over the next few days, and then get ready to discuss this weekend! :boy:

Versace, AND Armani? Why is it that I seem to be one of the few gay guys who missed out on getting a sense of style? :( (Yes, I DO have flannel in my wardrobe... )

I'm looking forward to the pre-release discussions!

I am going to be 42 tomorrow.

Happy Birthday, Boxer!!! :D:2thumbs::2thumbs: I hope you have a wonderful day and an awesome year :D

Click Here

But, I need my sunglasses back! I need them, because for some reason people just don't like the color of my eyes... Click the pic below and you will see what I mean...

Uhhh here, John gave me these to give back to you ;):boy:

**hangs C James his glasses back**

-Kevin

Edited by AFriendlyFace
Versace, AND Armani? Why is it that I seem to be one of the few gay guys who missed out on getting a sense of style? :( (Yes, I DO have flannel in my wardrobe... )

People comment when I wear a color other than black or dark blue. I've had people pause mid-sentence when they see what I'm wearing. For example, last week I went to the beach and wore a tan shirt with red swim trunks. I walked up to a group of friends, and conversation ceased entirely. It was several seconds before someone managed to blurt out "What are you wearing?!" My mother has refused to leave the house with me until I changed clothing. This all sounds like typical teenage rebellion right? Sadly, no. I never mean to cause a scene... but apparently my sense of fashion is so atrocious I can't help it.

Though I have learned one thing: Style isn't linked to price, and something that's fashionable won't necessarily make you look good.

//shadows

Though I have learned one thing: Style isn't linked to price, and something that's fashionable won't necessarily make you look good.

//shadows

This is very true, I went to the gay pride festival and parade last weekend and the entire day people stopped me to tell me they liked my shirt. I thought it was cute too, but I couldn't get over how many times I heard this from random people. What was it? A small black T-shirt that said, "I tried to be good but I got bored" which I bought for under 10 bucks in the boy's section of Target.

I think it's just important to find a style that works FOR YOU. Personally I like to experiment with several different styles and enjoy going into my closet and deciding if I want to be preppy, punk, professional, or casual. LOL but then I again I sometimes wonder if some of my outfits aren't a little hit or miss and people just don't want to tell me.

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you who posted a Happy Birthday note to me. That really meant a lot and it was very special. I received several PM's and thank you too as well. I am really growing fond of all you you. What a great group of people to be associated with!! :hug:

Thanks Again,

Boxerdude,

David

People comment when I wear a color other than black or dark blue. I've had people pause mid-sentence when they see what I'm wearing. For example, last week I went to the beach and wore a tan shirt with red swim trunks. I walked up to a group of friends, and conversation ceased entirely. It was several seconds before someone managed to blurt out "What are you wearing?!" My mother has refused to leave the house with me until I changed clothing. This all sounds like typical teenage rebellion right? Sadly, no. I never mean to cause a scene... but apparently my sense of fashion is so atrocious I can't help it.

Not too long ago, I came out to an acquaintance of mine, due to being asked why I wasn't married. He looked uncomfortable for a few seconds, shrugged, and said "At least now I know who to go to for fashion advice".

Then, he did a bit of a double take, looked me over (I had been chopping wood, and was wearing long-sleeved flannel and basically looked like a lumberjack) and said "uhhhh, maybe not..." :lmao:

I couldn't agree more. One strong dislike I have is the practice of putting the manufacturer's name and symbol on the clothing. Frankly, if I was inclined to be a walking billboard for some company, I'd want to be paid for it.

This is very true, I went to the gay pride festival and parade last weekend and the entire day people stopped me to tell me they liked my shirt. I thought it was cute too, but I couldn't get over how many times I heard this from random people. What was it? A small black T-shirt that said, "I tried to be good but I got bored" which I bought for under 10 bucks in the boy's section of Target.

I agree with Kitty: It's the "small" (tight fitting), and not what the shirt said, that probably drew the attention.

:devil:

I completely agree with you. It all depends on your build, height, weight, etc. Some people look atrocious in what we call 'fashionable' clothing, while others wear simple, out-of-date outfits, and look absolutely fabulous. It also depends on your confidence and posture.

Very well said. I've definitely seen two guys wear the exact same outfit, and one looks spectacular, while the other looks atrocious. One example that comes to mind is that Speedos look great on some guys, but awful on others.

My favorite literary example, though, of a great attitude pulling off a great look, has got to be Cody in a loincloth. (Yes, I really liked that scene, and I'm going to keep babbling about it...) :devil:

Edited by C James
HAHA, i think looking good in speedos depends more on ur build than anything else XD. and whether u have a nice b.u.t.t.

After you turn 18, I'll be sure to ask how you look in speedos! ;)

I, for one, look horrid in speedos, so it's board shorts pour moi. :D

And, btw, how did this discussion go from Chapter 21 of SOOTB to fashion and how good someone looks in speedos?!?! :blink:

Perhaps we should veer back on topic here ... hehe

Edited by LittleBuddhaTW
HAHA, i think looking good in speedos depends more on ur build than anything else XD. and whether u have a nice b.u.t.t.

Very true... And also true IMHO for a lot of fashion. For example, a guy with a slim build and a little definition can look great in a tight shirt, but some other body types might a look ridiciulous.

And, btw, how did this discussion go from Chapter 21 of SOOTB to fashion and how good someone looks in speedos?!?! :blink:

There are two possible answers to that.

Answer #1: Thread Drift.

Thread drift doesn't just run through this thread, it stampedes ...

Answer #2: It's all YOUR fault.

I don't know how, but if you give me long enough I'll come up with something. :P

Perhaps we should veer back on topic here ... hehe

On Topic? We had a topic? Oh yeah, now I remember: Ch. 21... :P

Ryan: he seemed to be snapped out of whatever denial he had by that phone call, but how will he deal with Mikey's death?

I still think that Mikey's death is unresolved, and may yet turn out to be accident, suicide, or murder. Could someone have sabotaged his car?

Edited by C James

Way off topic!! :funny:

Kitty, maybe Mikey was transfered into Ryan's body and is completely depressed!!! The whole body snatchers thing!! Oh, yeah, not that kind of story.

I still want to know more about the twins?? Do you think that they experiment??? I also wonder how Dominic is doing. I hope Toby is getting better!! :hug: I think I wuv him!!!!

Boxerdude

Just tap dancing and whistling, waiting for Chapter 22. :whistle:

I think it's a pretty good bet that it's one of those three ;):D . Unless ... could it be? an attempted alien abduction of Mikey? :o0:)

Oh. It's not that kind of story. Never mind.

Kitty! Are you, by ruling out an attempted alien abduction, leaking plot secrets that you, as Editor, have inside knowledge of? :P:P

One thought did cross my mind... Mikey had been outed, so maybe this was a murder? We shall see in 22, maybe! :D

:funny: hhahaha, well let's just say i have the legs for it XD

It's not nice to tease a Buddha! :P

HAHA, now see who's going off topic!!! :devil::P

See? I said it was all LB's fault! :devil::P

BTW, LB, I like your new "location" and the descriptor below your avatar!

I, for once, have no idea of Ryan's condition. Initially i thought it might have been the ADD affecting him, but now I'm torn in between denial/some sort of weird bug. :blink:

My hunch is that it's a combination of denial/withdrawal and the ADD. But, we may never know, exactly, as even in real life psychological issues are the most tenuous diagnoses in medicine.

It's not nice for Buddhas to tease, either. 3.gif

Kitty ;):D

Hey now, I wasn't teasing anyone! lol :P

Ooooh ... and that cute 23 yo classmate of mine that I last ... errr ... saw back in February. Well, he's coming over on Monday to ... ummm ... "say goodbye" ... :wub: Looks like my "dry spell" is about over! lol

Ok, ok ... back to Chapter 21 discussions ... enough about Buddha's sex life and who he thinks would look good in a speedo! lol

But speaking of speedos, the picture in my profile is of a Taiwanese pop star, Jay Chou ... he would look AWESOME in a speedo ...

Maybe I should write a fan fic about him sometime ... or a threesome with him and Edison Chen, a Hong Kong pop star ... now that would be fun! lol

Hey now, I wasn't teasing anyone! lol :P

Ooooh ... and that cute 23 yo classmate of mine that I last ... errr ... saw back in February. Well, he's coming over on Monday to ... ummm ... "say goodbye" ... :wub: Looks like my "dry spell" is about over! lol

Of course, I'm sure that you mean that you will have a nice relaxing chat, over a bottle of non-alchoholic beverage, etc, etc.. 0:)0:)

Yeah, right! Have fun, LB!!!! :devil::great:

Ok, ok ... back to Chapter 21 discussions ... enough about Buddha's sex life and who he thinks would look good in a speedo! lol

But speaking of speedos, the picture in my profile is of a Taiwanese pop star, Jay Chou ... he would look AWESOME in a speedo ...

Maybe I should write a fan fic about him sometime ... or a threesome with him and Edison Chen, a Hong Kong pop star ... now that would be fun! lol

On a hot and sultry day in Taiwan, the Buddha labored mightily to return to the topic. However, his valiant struggle was all for naught, for try as he might, he could not resist the siren song of the Speedo... ;):P

Speaking of writing, and Ch 21, and Speedos.. Cody seems very comfortable in a loincloth... Wonder what he wears to go swimming? Perhaps there is a hot-tub or swimming scene of some sort coming up? :devil:

Edited by C James