Story Status - Author Deceased

Go to solution Solved by Myr,

8 minutes ago, Myr said:

Incorrect.  The Story's Status is "Author Deceased" when a Non-Complete Story is Not Completed because the Author is no longer with us.  The stories , if you read them, usually stop abruptly without an ending. 

You'll find that any stories the deceased author has completed are marked as complete.

I am NOT going to mark a story that is complete that isn't.  We then end up with uninformed readers writing nasty comments we have to clean up.  Point in fact, between Carlos's passing and announcing that he has passed, we had to clean up 3 different comments that were kind of obnoxious.

I am sorry that you appear to be offended by this topic, as I stated it is not a complaint, and not intended to offend.

I am aware that there were some questionable comments which have been removed and I appreciate that it caused site admin inconvenience in dealing with those comments.

9 hours ago, Mancunian said:

I'm sorry if this is long-winded, it is not a complaint although I realise that some see it as such. It is intended as a question and, hopefully, a useful suggestion.

On checking I can see that Carlos and Mawgrim's stories are marked as you say. Unfortunately, that is not the case for all of the authors who have passed away. Again I will say that I do not believe that this is intentional, I believe it to be an unfortunate and unintended oversight. I can not speak for all of the deceased authors but I have noticed that all four stories posted by Cognac69 are marked Author Deceased, however, three of those stories are complete only one is incomplete. I am sure that this is unintentional, could you please look into this? If you need any further info to help you I am happy to help.

• Like 1

Thank you @Myr for your help. I understand how being busy and getting stressed out at work can get to any of us. I'm in the fortunate position that I only work the hours that I want to work, but even I still get stressed at times.

The links to the stories mentioned are below

I have also listed @mogwhy's contribution's although they may have been marked as in process, I think they could be considered as complete. Both are collections of poems and were not continuing stories, as such I don't think they would cause any confusion for readers or cause any undue comments. When you have the opportunity to check them out I would appreciate your comments and any action that fell is appropriate.

If I come across any other entries that I think need looking at I will bring them to your attention at a later date. 

• Like 2