[Vlista] Cameron Chapter 16

Great chapter Vance!! Too bad that Kyle's turned out be just as big a hypocritical and judgemental ass as his father. It'll be interesting so see how far Cameron is willing to take being open about Cole and will he tell his mother.

Steve

I wouldn't be so quick to judge Kyle, yet ... we still don't know exactly why he's angry at Cameron. It could be, like someone else suggested, that he's angry at Cameron for keeping something like that from him, or who knows ... although the fact that he told his girlfriend is a bit troublesome. I'd hate to see Kyle turn out like his dad. I'd like to be able to believe that kids nowadays can make decisions for themselves, set their own moral compass, and not blindly follow bigoted, ignorant, and stupid parents.

A suggestion for GaryO ... you should put "Cameron" in the topic title when you start a new post, because on the main forum page, people will just see "Chapter 16," and won't know what story it belongs to. Also, when Vance starts posting new stories, that will get confusing as well. :)

LB

Excellent chapter as the rest. I think Cameron will ease up a little with some time and Cole's help. :great:

I expected a lot more from Kyle, the bastard, he could of had a little respect for his ex friend by not spreading it. :thumbdown: He'll get his end dessert at least i hope.

This is my first post ever....anywhere :great: I like how seeing Cole always gives Cameron a shot of confidence. Hopefully he will learn to trust his mother and finally slay his past demons. This latest chapter has me filled with hope, both for Cameron and for myself. I have lurked here for so long but finally got up the courage to speak. Now like Cameron, I am ready to take a few steps ahead. Thank you for this and all your wonderful stories :worship:

Okay... I of course loved the chapter. :P

The way that Kyle is acting really upsets me. I expected more from him.

I cannot wait to see what goes on with Cameron and his mother.

:hug: for Vance.

Kurt :D

I like it. I can hardly wait till next Saturday morning, when I can read the next chapter.

I don't understand Kyle's reaction to Cameron. How can he throw away his friendship so easily? And I hadn't thougt, that Kyle goes around blab this out... :thumbdown:

I wouldn't be so quick to judge Kyle, yet ... we still don't know exactly why he's angry at Cameron. It could be, like someone else suggested, that he's angry at Cameron for keeping something like that from him, or who knows ...

YES, I completely agree! Only time (and Vance) will tell exactly why Kyle is upset.

I'd like to be able to believe that kids nowadays can make decisions for themselves, set their own moral compass, and not blindly follow bigoted, ignorant, and stupid parents.

well yes, that of course would be nice...but it does work both ways. What about warm, accepting parents who raise bigoted, ignorant, and stupid children? But yes, I'd prefer to think people will make their own decisions for better or worse.

I expected a lot more from Kyle, the bastard, he could of had a little respect for his ex friend by not spreading it.

I'm still reserving judgement about the reason he's angry, but I definitely agree that he had no business gossiping about it. EVEN if he does have a problem with Cam's sexuality itself I would have expected him to at least be mature and keep it to himself.

:thumbdown: He'll get his end dessert at least i hope.

I hope so too! And when he does I'm going to take a big bite out of the most chocolatey part just to punish him for his tell-tale ways. :boy:

This is my first post ever....anywhere :great: I like how seeing Cole always gives Cameron a shot of confidence. Hopefully he will learn to trust his mother and finally slay his past demons. This latest chapter has me filled with hope, both for Cameron and for myself. I have lurked here for so long but finally got up the courage to speak. Now like Cameron, I am ready to take a few steps ahead. Thank you for this and all your wonderful stories :worship:

Ohhh yay!! :2thumbs::D

I'm so glad to see you here with us, and I'm very glad if this story is inspiring you with regards to your own parental relationships :great: I can relate to this Dom's The Ordinary Us was a large contributing factor in my decision to come out to my mom. I would have done it eventually anyway, but it served as a positive catalyst. Anyway we're glad to have you and wishing you the best!

I don't understand Kyle's reaction to Cameron. How can he throw away his friendship so easily? And I hadn't thougt, that Kyle goes around blab this out... :thumbdown:

Yes, as I said I too was disturbed about the blabbing. Perhaps it was something less malicious. Like maybe he was really upset and needed to talk to someone so he confided in his girlfriend. It seems like he would have impressed upon her the need for secrecy. On the other hand maybe he was just too upset to really think about it. Or maybe she's just awful at keeping secrets **shrugs** Anyway I'm eager to see what happens next!

Awesome chapter, Vance!! :D:2thumbs:

Take care everyone and have a fantastic day!

Kevin

Great chapter!

In my head, I can see Cameron's mother stopping off at the Harrises's house to pick up his stuff, in spite of Cameron's wishes. The Harrises no doubt spill the beans about the Cameron-Cole relationship to her, but being the understanding mother who desperately needs to show a good love for her son, when she picks him up from school that afternoon, she asks Cameron if he would like to bring his boyfriend along on the shopping excursion.

Of course, that's just my own fantastic version. Vance should develop the story the way he wants. And I'll be looking forward to reading it next weekend.

--Rigel

Hoooo boy. Kyle is annoying me. I understand getting mad, I understand being a bigot (if only a bit...not much), but why the f**k does he have to be such an ass? Arrrrg. I even understand telling his girlfriend, but I doubt she would spread it like that if he told her how important it was (especially after the way he acted at school). I'm seriously annoyed.

As to Cameron's mom....well, I guess I'm sort of liking her. She's nice, even though I'm pretty sure she feels slightly obligated to do what she's doing, but not feeling like that seems impossible. I'm still hoping she's accepting (or a lesbian...XD), but there's no proof yet, is there?

The way Cameron is thinking of Cole is absolutly adorable, and very realistic. I mean, we've all felt like that before, haven't we?

Despite the way Harris is acting (which I hate him for), I think living with him was a very very important and good experience for Cameron. Where would he be now if he didn't live with Harris? Absolutly nowhere, with no Cole, probably addicted to many things, and living in a dump with a bunch of delinquents or in jail. These are my few words in the sort-of-but-not-really defense of Mr. Harris.

This is a great chapter Vance. Probably one of my favorites. I absolutly can't wait for the next chapter.

Despite the way Harris is acting (which I hate him for), I think living with him was a very very important and good experience for Cameron. Where would he be now if he didn't live with Harris? Absolutly nowhere, with no Cole, probably addicted to many things, and living in a dump with a bunch of delinquents or in jail. These are my few words in the sort-of-but-not-really defense of Mr. Harris.

I totally agree with you. Cameron changed his life around because he HAD to in order to live with the Harris. I think that it was worth it for Cameron to go through all the stuff at the Harris' because things are turning out so good for him.

:hug: for Vance :worship:

Kurt :D

Yay!!! Post number 300!! :D

Edited by Kurt

It is nice to have good things to worry about until the next chapter. Great chapter Vance. I like the idea of mom offering to take Cole shopping. Also the idea of her being a lesbian.. Cant wait to see where you take us. :2thumbs:

Welcome Marco.

Pax Steve (aka flattoppp)