Tattoos?

YouwithoutMe

I like tattoos. Body art is the ultimate in personal expression. I have a few tattoos. This is my most recent one. No, not going to say where it is.

tat6.jpg

• Site Administrator

I like the celtic armband style tattoos on a muscular bicep, but otherwise tattoos don't really appeal. I doubt I'd ever get one myself.

See, I'm a totaly baby, and needles kinda freak me out. So do those piercing gun things they use... But who knows, maybe I would get one.

If I ever got a tattoo, it will be after I graduate from Law school, and I want it to be the crest of whatever school i went to.

And it would be little... Maybe on my wrist... Or shoulder blade. I haven't figured that out yet.

When I was Pre-Med, I was going to the the staff with the snakes wrapped around it (You know, that medical symbol)

My college friend has a rule, and its this "Never get a tattoo in a language that you don't speak"

Which means unless you know Japanese, stay away from the Kanji.

I remember seeing a cartoon in an old Penthouse: it had 2 panals

panal 1:

18 year old muscle head with the tattoo on chest:

STUD

panal 2:

old, wrinkled 90 year old with teeth in glass beside chair. The tat is faded and wrinkles cause it to read:

DUD

I plan to get a tattoo on my left forearm the reads "Press Foward" (think... "March Forward") in... Welsh? It's the motto on our family crest.

Obviously I still have to figure out all the details :rolleyes::P

Edited by BoardRider53

I plan to get a tattoo on my left forearm the reads "Press Foward" (think... "March Forward") in... Welsh? It's the motto on our family crest.

Obviously I still have to figure out all the details :rolleyes::P

That's totally cool. I'm mostly Welsh... I wonder if we have a family crest.... hmm.

If you like tattoos, then clearly you should feel more than welcome to go and get one. However, you should also be aware that when you get a tattoo (or a piercing most times), people think differently about you. If you get a tattoo in a place that is constantly visible like your face or arms, then you should definitely be prepared for the consequences.

As much as we would all love to give a big hearty f**K you to polite society in general, we must also realize that we will most likely be working for a member of polite society at some point in time. They control the money. How likely are you to be hired with a snake wrapping around your forearm, even if you have an education that would make Mr. Hawking himself blush with shame?

Bottom line is that people in general will look down on those with visible tattoos and piercings. I've often educated other students on the fine art of skipping class, and I tell them over and over that they must present themselves well if they hope to get out without being caught. You have to dress like a good kid, look like a good kid, talk like a good kid, and carry yourself as if you have a good kid's purpose. In life, you have to do the same thing to get your way. If you give the wrong image, that puts you behind and you're left trying to get close enough to prove to someone that you're responsible and intelligent instead of it being an assumption that must be DISproven.

I'm just saying that sometimes it ain't such a great idea. For the record, I would never get a tattoo (I think...), and I'm not so fond of anything bigger than an inch or so. Some are quite cute, though. :D

I also have to admit that I take absolute delight in referring to tattoos on the lower back as trampstamps while I'm around those who have them. Their fault, they made it easier for me. :P

I also have to admit that I take absolute delight in referring to tattoos on the lower back as trampstamps while I'm around those who have them. Their fault, they made it easier for me. :P

Trampstamps only look good on cute guys... :lol:

Tattoos don't really appeal to me. There has only been one tattoo that I found appealing on a guy, and it was discreetly placed on his hip/pelvis. It looked pretty darn hot, but then again he was pretty darn hot. lol

Well almost a year after my first post in this thread and I only have one more piercing, got it a little under three months ago. I'm up to 14, all on my ears. I'm kind of worried about it though, it's been a bit infected ever since I got it and I'm not sure if its because its still healing, or because even if they are healed cartilage piercings hurt a bit most of the time, or if there really is something wrong with it and I should go to the doctor. Guess I'll just wait and see.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bring this topic back from the dead... but I remember saying in here how I wanted a tattoo... well I got one today! I have not a clue how someone can be sexually aroused by getting a tattoo... but it was an interesting expirence.

IMG_0287.jpg

I really really like it.

Sorry to bring this topic back from the dead... but I remember saying in here how I wanted a tattoo... well I got one today! I have not a clue how someone can be sexually aroused by getting a tattoo... but it was an interesting expirence.

IMG_0287.jpg

I really really like it.

:o You finally got it! Cool :)

Cool tat!!

i've been thinking about getting one myself and where i decided to get it im doing research on because i think its going to hurt like a bitch. My collarbone is 1 choice and vamp bites. i dunno if i could sit in the chair that whole time and listen to the drilling noises lol. Just getting my ear pierced felt like a choir in itself. I took it out about 2 years ago hole's still there though so i can re open it 1 day lol

I have nine tattoos.

I'm going to get sleeved out. People around here, especially girls don't really get tattoos so it's different...

But I love the feel of ink :)

This was my first tattoo on my wrist, tribal heart.

Tat.jpg

2nd one. Treble clef on my ankle. I love music.

dos.jpg

These two are the sign of Islam and Om and are on the back of my left and right arms.

Islam.jpg

Omkar.jpg

This one is an attention grabber. "I will remember before I forget" My friend has lung cancer and this was or song. I will remember all the good, before I forget.

Iwilltat.jpg

Hope and Faith. I had cancer last year.

Faithnhope.jpg

The most recent one this this guitar pic, the picture is kinda blurred but, Imma rockstar.

picklo.jpg