Steve Irwin 1962-2006

Kurt

Today, Monday September 4th, Steve Irwin, the Crocidile Hunter passed away. He was stung in the heat by a poisonous stingray. He will be greatly missed by millions. He was only 44.

I grew up watching Steve Irwin everyday. I looked up to him, and I still do. He was a wonderful person, and an asset to wildlife.

Rest in Peace Stive Irwin.

Today, Monday September 4th, Steve Irwin, the Crocidile Hunter passed away. He was stung in the heat by a poisonous stingray. He will be greatly missed by millions. He was only 44.

I grew up watching Steve Irwin everyday. I looked up to him, and I still do. He was a wonderful person, and an asset to wildlife.

Rest in Peace Stive Irwin.

I heard about this around 7AM this morning at work. I was greatly shocked and saddened by this news.

Like Kurt, I grew up through my teen years watching Steve work with a whole variety of animals. I loved the excitment he carried in everything he did.

He will be sadly missed by millions across the world.

My thoughts and prayers go to his wife and two children at this difficult time.

Dave

I always enjoyed his shows as well. He was funny and he really tried to teach people about wildlife and to respect it. He will be missed. He was also so cute, I hope they do a whole day of reruns in his honor.

Prayers to his family and friends,

David

To me Steve Irwin was an extremely important person. I also grew up watching him, but he impacted my life in what I wanted to do for the rest of it. He is the reason I am in college trying to receive a Master's Degree in Biology so that I could get into Zoology and Conservation.

He loved and respected everyone and everything and even if people thought he was insane for being who he was I don't think anyone could doubt his love for all life, and his life.

I hope that Terry, his wife will continue what they both have started.

Krista

• Site Administrator

I'm still amazed with the impact that he's had on so many across the world. I've been sitting here watching as tributes flow for him from the across the globe.

There is no doubt that he was an able, genuine ambassador for conservation, the environment and for Australia.

Best wishes to his wife and two children.

I was shocked as hell when I heard the saddening news. :( Steve Irwin was truly a great person, who loved the wild and helped to preserve it and it's beauty. He will be missed greatly by all.

Ronnie

*hugs to all those affected by this, and double-hugs to Steve's family* Y'know, it DOES amaze me how much he touched people. I was never a fan of his...just never got into it *shrug* No idea why...but now I feel like I've missed out :( Somehow his cry of "Croike!" did work it's way into my vocabulary, though, so I'll still carry a little piece of him around with me, heh.

The thing I find rather odd is the way he died...stung by a stingray? That's like coming home from the front lines of a war and falling down the stairs. I always imagined he'd go down with a pile of 20 crocs all on him at once while another 20 lay already wrestled and tied up and ready to be studied. *shrug* It's a crazy world.

Anyway....my heart goes out to his family and all his fans.

I woke up this morning to this news on the radio, and thought I was dreaming. Really surprised the way he was killed, but the the newsreader said it was instant, so I guess, and hope, it was probably less painful. Like many t(w)eens here, I grew up watching his crazy crocodile and werid and wonderful shows. One thing he taught me was respect and valuing the life and territory of all beings.

He'll be much missed. :,( May his kindness toward nature and all beings live on wherever he may be .

UPDATE 3Sept2006

As a tribute to Steve's life (and death), here are a collection of cartoons .