Book Recommendation

Hi,

I just read a great book last night - North to Freedom by Anne Holm (originally known as I am David - I don't know why they changed the title). It's a story about a twelve year-old boy named David who has spent his entire life in a Eastern Bloc prison camp. One night he is given the opportunity to escape and told he must find his way to Denmark. He travels alone and on foot across Europe enjoying his freedom, but all the while fearing that "they" are waiting to recapture him and return him to prison. It's a great chronicle of his experiences, his hopes and fears and how he learns about the world of which he knows nothing. The author's descriptions of his emotions thoughts are very well written.

This was a great book that once I stared reading I couldn't stop. I'm horible at writing reviews, and what I said above didn't do it justice, but, if you're looking for a wonderful book about a boy's courage, then I encourage you to read it.

B_O_B

P.S. There's also been a movie made about this book, but I think it's only in limited release, so I'll doubt I'll ever get to see it. :( Which might be OK, though, because the movie is usually never as good as the book.