Chapter 31 is now posted for your enjoyment (or it should be...I think Myr said he posted it...if not, it will be done soon).

You might want to also check out my new story, Vampire Jarred. It's not for the weak of heart...it's my I'm frustrated with the world and want to vent story. I break nearly every taboo I can in writing it, and really, really, really, stretch my imagination for cruelty.

You can believe that some of the things the characters do are things I'd love to do to people, but since I live in reality, I can't and won't.

If you're a psychologist and you read that story...don't bother, I already know.

Oh, we don't have a button for it yet, it's on the bottom of my stories under the HP fan fics. You'll see "Vampire Jarred" link, click there. Chapters 2-4 will be coming out quickly.

Chapter 31 was SO good. I loved it, I loved how you showed that he could use his bond to the others to get out of the trouble they were in and how fast he healed.

Cool chapter

Pyro :-)

:great::2thumbs:

Chapter 32 is now posted, and brings to a close the second main story arc. The third arc will begin once I work out a few bugs. I don't like to post them until most of the chapters of each arc are written, which arc 3 is not yet done.

Arc 3 will cover the movement of religious groups to extend full control of the United States, and the first break between Dylan, the gifted, and the US government.

Wow, it only keeps getting better. I really do enjoy this story Dan. The more I watch current events, the more real this could all be. The fantasy element removed, and I can see the world destroying itself if such an "Oil Crisis" ever developed. Keep up the great work.

:worship:

ORN

Richard

:worship: Ohhh Cant wait for the third arch. The last chapters were really good. Now that nearly all countires know somw what of what caused the oil crisis, and every one resposible is dead. Wondering what the next chapter will bring. Hope they are exciting as the rest of the story.

Julian Alexander :2thumbs:

• 1 month later...

Hello.I just finished reading your story up to the avaiable new chapter 32.All I can say about this story is.......WoW!! :2thumbs: I couldn't stop reading it till I got to the last of the avaiable chapter.It is an well written story,which had me at the edge of my seat through it.I love the chars Dylan and Henry,and cant wait to see what happens with them next. :lmao: So........bring on the next chapter. :read:

• 1 month later...
I concur I reread that story quite a bit, and I love it.  I can't wait to read more.  I hope all is going well for you.

Thanks guys. I just have to say that life right now has been giving me NO time at all to right. In fact, I shouldn't still be here writing this e-mail because I need to get back over to Nanny's before she thinks she's been left alone and runs off...

That being said, I will get some more DOT up as soon as possible (Yes, I worked out the plot line and just need to re-do some chapters and write the finishing chapters of arc 3 before I post them all...and then it will be on to arc 4). Two new chapters of Vampire Jarred will be posted as soon as Myr checks his e-mail and gets a chance to post them...Slytherin Style is on hold for a bit but will be continued...and the sneak peak story you guys saw (Do Over), will be published in its entirety when I have a chance to do all the stuff with Myr that we have to do before a new story goes up.

Fate Sucks...well I haven't even thought about that story in a while so we'll have to wait until Slytherin style is done...

Right now, I'm thinking the Conversation will remain a stand alone story...I just like it too much as it is to tweak it at all...

By the way, when you look at Do Over, you might just wonder if my family is really like that...let's just say the first 5-8 chapters really are my family, my memories, etc. It would be no fun otherwise...

Cool Dk and don't worry family should come first. Yes we love your stories and we can't wait for me but we understand that your family needs you and you need them so taking care of them is the most important thing so far. I my self am waiting on DOT, Fat Sucks, and Slytherin Style but hey that is me, I can reread them over and over they are that good. So take care of you family and if you can get up a chapter cool and if it takes longer then cool. Remember that family always comes first.

• 2 months later...

I can't wait for DoT to have more chapters released. I understand the need to take a break and work on other areas, but DAN!! You have written DO and VAMP (which I enjoy as well) while we have all been waiting on you to finish your other projects. Spend a little time on DoT for all of us :worship:

Richard

ORN

• 2 weeks later...

Love the stories as well. Finished Do Over and I'm also reading Slytherin Style.

I've been blowing through DOT, but Chapter 27 is stored in the Chapter 28 link. So I can't get to Chapter 28!!! Can you (or someone) check it out and fix the link?

• Site Administrator

It looks like just the chapter title and number are incorrect. the story text is different...

Has anyone heard from DK??  Is he doing ok??  Is he planning to write anymore?? Please let me know.

Pyro  :D

Thank you for the concern, Pyro. I'm doing okay overall, just busy job hunting and so forth. I do plan to continue writing and especially will continue this story soon.

I found this interesting as a piece of fiction meets reality. If you remember some of the first arc of the story where General Jacobs was chosen as President, it kind of fits this news:

Congress passes `doomsday' plan

By Noelle Straub

Sunday, January 9, 2005

WASHINGTON - With no fanfare, the U.S. House has passed a controversial doomsday provision that would allow a handful of lawmakers to run Congress if a terrorist attack or major disaster killed or incapacitated large numbers of congressmen.

``I think (the new rule) is terrible in a whole host of ways - first, I think it's unconstitutional,'' said Norm Ornstein, a counselor to the independent Continuity of Government Commission, a bipartisan panel created to study the issue. ``It's a very foolish thing to do, I believe, and the way in which it was done was more foolish.''

But supporters say the rule provides a stopgap measure to allow the government to continue functioning at a time of national crisis.

GOP House leaders pushed the provision as part of a larger rules package that drew attention instead for its proposed ethics changes, most of which were dropped.

Usually, 218 lawmakers - a majority of the 435 members of Congress - are required to conduct House business, such as passing laws or declaring war.

But under the new rule, a majority of living congressmen no longer will be needed to do business under ``catastrophic circumstances.''

Instead, a majority of the congressmen able to show up at the House would be enough to conduct business, conceivably a dozen lawmakers or less.

The House speaker would announce the number after a report by the House Sergeant at Arms. Any lawmaker unable to make it to the chamber would effectively not be counted as a congressman.

The circumstances include ``natural disaster, attack, contagion or similar calamity rendering Representatives incapable of attending the proceedings of the House.''

The House could be run by a small number of lawmakers for months, because House vacancies must be filled by special elections. Governors can make temporary appointments to the Senate.

Rep. Brian Baird (D-Wash.), one of few lawmakers active on the issue, argued the rule change contradicts the U.S. Constitution, which states that ``a majority of each (House) shall constitute a quorum to do business.

``Changing what constitutes a quorum in this way would allow less than a dozen lawmakers to declare war on another nation,'' Baird said.

If you remember, early in the story 'congress' met to choose new leadership following a devastating attack. The meeting was run similar to the provisions of this new bill.

LOL Dan, you nailed this one. You sure you didn't participate in some mad-scientist's experiment and come back in time ...? It would answer how you predicted this happening heheheeh....

ORN

Richard

LOL Dan, you nailed this one. You sure you didn't participate in some mad-scientist's experiment and come back in time ...? It would answer how you predicted this happening heheheeh....

ORN

Richard

Bah, try having dreamed up the occupation and insurgency in Iraq with massive bombings of US troops back in 2001. Back when I wrote Mists of Fate and gave the backstory of the US occupation of a middle-eastern country I left it purposely vague, not really wanting to say Iraq for fear of it really happening. If I remember correctly from that story, I gave it four or five years of heavy occupation with constant terrorist attacks before the US pulled out. That's one thing I hope DOES NOT happen.

Hey Dan i'm glad that your doing well I have been worried about you. You are all right that is kinda of freakish how Dan did that and look what is happeneing now. Hmmm can you predict good luck and fortune for us hehe just kidding :-) Can't wait to read chatper 33, keep up the good work and I hope that you find a good job soon one you will like and one that you will have fun doing.

Thanks Again

• 2 weeks later...

I've read all your stories, even your fanfic's =P I've reread MoF and DoT again, just started rereading DO and VJ... But DoT was the first story I ever read from you, would really like to see some new chapters out before I go insane :wacko:

Anyway, you do what you gotta do =) You'll still be my #1 web author :boy:

Later

Cads