I just read 18 and OMG it is SOOOOOOO good. Hehe I can't wait to see what all happens. I love the confliction Dylan has and how he thinks things through. Can't wait to read more.

Thanks

Pyro :-)

I was kind of worried about 18, because so much of it is Dylan's thoughts about what's going on and how he feels about things. It was needed though, and I'm glad to hear that it was so well-received. I'll admit that this was a core chapter for the story. A lot of what happens later on stems from the thoughts expressed here, so the fact that they weren't hated by all the readers makes me breathe a sigh of relief.

Nineteen should be along very soon here.

Hehe I just read it and I LOVED IT hehe. I like the idea of hte tattoo. I think it is cool. Can't wait to read more and to see what all happens. Keep up the good work.

Thanks

Guest Brandon Kies

I'm still waiting for an explanation on why Henry and the mayors son didn't result in a bonding!

I was impressed at how well you were able to display the complete control these guys had over their bonded. The Timmy/Sandy story line demonstrated fully how even a passing comment could have real consequences. I wonder at the mistakes these children have made as they discover their abilities. Especially because they are still children, even if much brighter than the average person. A tantrum here could result in some one's death....

I liked the tatoo concept, although I'm not sure why they would feel the need to identify themselves this way. They seem to be aware of each other on a unique level, sort of a solar system, with the Bondor in the middle and the bonded orbiting around him and each other in intricate dances. I would think the tatoo might work at odds with the overwhelming sense of duty when it comes to protecting Dylan. That tatoo would be able to be used by any enemy to "identify" Jacks circle. Something that could happen if someone else had control of one of these children and knew that people like Dylan existed, and needed a way to determine who was loyal to Dylan.

It looks like Dylan has decided to embrace the cult paradigm, I agree that by now it's too late to do anything else, he's been led beautifully to where he is. What he chooses to do with it remains to be seen. I still see a major power grab between Dylan and Dad Jacob shapping up. Jacobs seems to have forgotten the adage The road to hell is paved with good intentions, and will embrace any technique, use anyone or anything he needs to in order to forward his agenda.

Dylan had to recognize at some point that his existence, his leap in evolotion, his humanity, and his sexuallity are at contrast with Jacobs beliefs. Once Jacobs doesn't need him anymore, once his plan is fully implemented, then what?

Ack! Stop asking these questions and giving away future plot points! (just kidding there on stop asking!). Brandon, stop harping on the Mayor's son, Terry. You're ruining my plot surprises! (seriously, so far you're the only one who has made a mention of him and what happened to him...there is an answer and it will be delivered eventually. I haven't forgotten about him.).

Thanks for all the compliments though. Things are really heating up now, and yes there will be a lot of conflicts in the future to resolve. The tattoo thing, well it's symoblic of a deeper need among the members of the circle, and yes it is a weakness that could be exploited.

As for the concept of Jacobs v. Jacobs, you'll have to wait and see what happens.

Okay, I got chapter 20 out to Myr for posting, so expect another update within the next day or so (depending on when he has time to handle that end of things).

Um, none of Brandon's questions are really answered either, so..neener neener neener (okay, I'm in a weird damn mood today).

• Site Administrator

You know Dan... if you remembered to actually attach the chapters in the emails you send me, you could get these posted faster :P

LMBO, hehe I was wondering about the Jacobs thing as well. Now all I can do it wait. Hehe, but that does bring up another question. Roger the guard that Dylan brought into his cirlce that was being controlled, was it his brother who did it hehe. Can't wait to see what happens. Thanks DK.

Guest Brandon Kies

Ok, so I finish reading chapter 20, and I think to myself "Where is this going"

'Looks like one of those kids is probably gifted, and Dylans bout to have his first AB - ability battle'

And I can't help thinking it's going to turn into a south park episode.

"She's touching me! Stop it! She's touching me! Stop it!"

Help! She's trying to kiss me!"

"Ewww cooties!"

HEY, we've identified Dylans gift. Mutant cooties!

Still waiting on the Henry/Terry story line! ;)

Edited by Brandon Kies
Ok, so I finish reading chapter 20, and I think to myself "Where is this going"

'Looks like one of those kids is probably gifted, and Dylans bout to have his first AB - ability battle'

And I can't help thinking it's going to turn into a south park episode. 

"She's touching me!  Stop it!  She's touching me!  Stop it!"

Help!  She's trying to kiss me!"

"Ewww cooties!"

HEY, we've identified Dylans gift.  Mutant cooties!

Still waiting on the Henry/Terry story line! ;)

Um, actually, the first draft of Chapter 21 had something like that in it, but I cut it out and replaced it. I was just being silly when I wrote the part.

Let's see how you like 21 when it comes out in the next day or two.

Sorry for not having given my praise of your story sooner... I've been too busy reading all that you've posted of it :D (21 chapters over the past 2 days... man my eyes are burning)

Ah, but... I must apologize a bit... while discussing your work with a friend of mine, I suggested he read Mists of Fate... and completely didn't realize that it was by you as well :(

Not to mention I was interested to find Mercedes Lackey as one of your favorite published authors... only to remember talking to you through e-mail about her work back when I was reading Mists of Fate (though, for some odd reason, I no longer have copies of those e-mails... despite having copies of every other e-mail I've recieved in the past 3 years... :blink: )

But, I digress... very good work... I'm liking Dawn of Tears just as much, if not more, than Mists of Fate. :2thumbs:

All I can say about 21 is OMG. It is SOOOOOOOO good. I LOVE IT. I cant' wait for 22 to find out what has happened. I can't wait to see what is going to happen. Please hurry with 22.

Thanks

Thanks guys! Chapter 21 was actually kind of hard to write, with the give and take between the two sides. What made it worse was this little voice in my head saying "RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY" (cue Monty Python and the killer rabbit scene).

Chapter 22 is a doozy of a chapter. Myr's gone for a few days so I'm going over it more carefully while also still working on writing chapter 33 (yes it took me over a week to finish chapter 32). Chapter 23 will finish what I call the 'first arc' of the story while chapter 32 finishes the second arc. Yeah, I know the second arc is much shorter in terms of the number of chapters, but the third arc is quite a bit longer. As for the fourth arc, well we'll see when we get there.

Expect Chapter 22 on Thursday or Friday at the latest!

Taryn - Thanks for the kind words, man! One of these days I'm going to finish my re-write of Mists and post it in its entirety. I'm glad to hear that you enjoy Dawn of Tears! Thanks and happy reading!