Anti-gay pride parade posters in Jerusalem

Xiao_Chun

I was saddened to read this article about Anti-gay pride parade posters in Jerusalem. I sent a response to this article saying that "In moments like this I am ashamed to be an Israeli". I don't know if they will post it.

Hugs,

Michael.

Your reply is there under the title "Leaving Israel".

It seems as though the cops are seeking to maintain a good public face while undermining it with comments saying that threats of violence could stop the parade.

I think the violent protesters should be arrestsed, but I understand their anger. You wanna be gay fine, thats your problem. To march in Judaism`s holiest cities? A lifestyle which is called an abomination in the Torah? Its a slap in the face of every Jew, religious or not. This is Israel, not the village in New York.

I am again, astounded by the general ignorance of our population. This is a guy from New Jersey, btw. Responding to the article.

So, apparently we

a) choose to be gay

b) have a problem

c) can be gay, but only if we're reallly reallly quiet

d) can only have gay parades in certain areas where people won't stone us

Yes, Mr. Ethan Miner. I understand their anger too. They're brainwashed fundamentalists. YOU however, have no such excuse. I find it ridiculous that you even pretend in your response to be a tolerate citizen. You're clearly a homophobe with severe denial issues.

THIS IS THE WORLD. AND WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS.

This has been a message from 'angry Dio'.

I am again, astounded by the general ignorance of our population. This is a guy from New Jersey, btw. Responding to the article.

So, apparently we

a) choose to be gay

b) have a problem

c) can be gay, but only if we're reallly reallly quiet

d) can only have gay parades in certain areas where people won't stone us

Yes, Mr. Ethan Miner. I understand their anger too. They're brainwashed fundamentalists. YOU however, have no such excuse. I find it ridiculous that you even pretend in your response to be a tolerate citizen. You're clearly a homophobe with severe denial issues.

THIS IS THE WORLD. AND WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS.

This has been a message from 'angry Dio'.

Ethan Miner is a brainwashed fundamentalist. I am Jewish (mixed) who grew up in Israel, so I don't want my words to be interpreted as a statement against the Jewish people. But I am against fundamentalists of all kinds. Ethan Miner has mentioned the Torah in his rant. The Torah containes some very basic laws, which is our responsibility to interpret and to put in the context of other things that are also written in there, for example:

"Love your neighbor as yourself." (Leviticus 19:18)

Hugs,

Michael.

Hm, I'm sorry to read this. :blink: Didn't the Israeli candidate just win the International Mr Gay pageant a few days ago?

News of the protest was also reported here in the papers, and apparently it's not just any gay pride, but the World Pride, held under the motto:

Love without Borders: Jerusalem WorldPride 2006 will bring a new focus to an ancient city through a massive demonstration of LGBT dignity, pride, and boundary-crossing celebration.
The last World Pride event was successfully held in Rome six years ago, despite protests from devout Catholics and othe right wing extremists.

I think the violent protesters should be arrestsed, but I understand their anger. You wanna be gay fine, thats your problem. To march in Judaism`s holiest cities? A lifestyle which is called an abomination in the Torah? Its a slap in the face of every Jew, religious or not. This is Israel, not the village in New York.

Just to respond to this guy... Jerusalem is not just Judaism's holiest city, but a sacred place for Christianity and Islam as well. If this city, which for centuries has been so free , tolerant and allowed all these different world views and religions to coexist peacefully, why should gays be treated any different?

take care,

David

Hm, I'm sorry to read this. :blink: Didn't the Israeli candidate just win the International Mr Gay pageant a few days ago?

News of the protest was also reported here in the papers, and apparently it's not just any gay pride, but the World Pride, held under the motto:

The last World Pride event was successfully held in Rome six years ago, despite protests from devout Catholics and othe right wing extremists.

Just to respond to this guy... Jerusalem is not just Judaism's holiest city, but a sacred place for Christianity and Islam as well. If this city, which for centuries has been so free , tolerant and allowed all these different world views and religions to coexist peacefully, why should gays be treated any different?

take care,

David

Unfortunately David, Jerusalem for me is a symbol of conflict, not tollerance. I can't even count the wars that were waged over it. I hope that one day it will be as you said, free and tollerant.

Hugs,

Michael.

Thanks for leaving Israel. GAYS arent and shouldnt be welcomed here As the torah says your an abomination. You should take some of your friends with you. Thanks a lot for leaving you did us a chessed

Well you can rot in your god-forsaken country with your bigot friends and your bloody hatred! And while the rest of the world knows knowledge and enlightenment, you'll be DEAD in your mind and DEAD in your heart, and DEAD in your lonely desolation and your endless ignorance! To think that you believe in the same God as I! You know not what you do and your own, your 'Torah' will be drive you to your doom whilst you whirl down into chaos in the torrents of your own wraith! Begone! Stay in your home and revel in your bloody isolation, you can have your country and we'll not care. For, indeed, who did you provide a home to, as we sheltered whole countries in the wake of awesome calamities? No one, but your demons whose fury you channel and manifest to storm the earth as the sky darkens and your heart hardens. Begone, and seek your dystopia not from this world!

*sighs* sorry, had to get it out >__<