Am I missing something?

Luc

Interesting no one included a pack of Trojans (reminds me to turn on the football game) or Magnums (wishful thinking). :P

<cough>wallet <cough> (I thoguht most everyone kept them in there?)

Put me in the CJ camp. Add loose change if I'm going to the store, plus sunglasses...a must in the desert.

Jack B)

Sunglasses are indeed a must. Even moreso at high altitude where I live than in the desert, due to even higher UV. I am never without them (I'm even wearing them in my personal pic in my profile). 0:)

I've been asking this same question since I was a small child! It's just frickin practical!

Despite always thinking it was a good idea it's only recently (the last month in fact) that I finally broke down and got one of those trendy, metro (well I guess in my case it is just "gay") bags for guys. Probably because like Matt pointed out while you're still in college (or before) you can get by with just carrying a backpack. Now that I'm not in school I just got desperate!

What does it look like? A camera bag? I've never actually heard of ,or seen, what you are describing. Hmm, just did a google, and this page came up: Is that about right?

LOL since everyone else is listing their contents here's my unique list of "must haves":

-Hand lotion

-SPF 30/moiturizing lotion

-Blistex

-Concealer (no wisecracks! :angry: I hardly ever use it but it's good to have for "emergencies")

-A hairbrush

-A Comb

-A mirror

-Hand Sanitizer

-Napkins

-Gloves with a matching

-Wool beanie hat thing (well it is winter and I hate to be cold, at least I don't carry the scarf around too :P )

-3 bottles of water (major must have)

-My keys*

-My cell phone*

-Pens and

-A little pad of paper

-The latest issue of Reader's Digest

-Random Mail

-My checkbook*

And since Jack brought it up :*) -Condoms

-Lube

*denotes items that are only in the bag when I'm actually carrying the bag which isn't always. For example if I'm literally just running to the store or something.

Having read this though I think I might add:

-Scissors

-A toothbrush

-Toothpaste

-Fingernail trimmers

-A deck of cards

-Body Spray and/or Cologne

-A pocket pack of kleenex

Maybe it's just a really big bag :boy:

:o:o:o:o

I've packed less than that (though more clothes!) for a month-long trip to South America! :P

Aside from clothes, I took

a book,

toothpaste and toothbrush,

deodorant,

shampoo,

water,

a comb,

a razor,

a Swiss army knife,

a notepad and two pens,

granola bars and sunblock.

And that was all in one bag that stayed in my room, not being carried around with me every day.

The main reason I usually don't carry around more than will fit in my pocket is that I soon wouldn't have it. I tend to put things down and forget them. I don't even wear a coat if I can avoid it because I'm always losing the things when I take them off. :*)

What does it look like? A camera bag? I've never actually heard of ,or seen, what you are describing. Hmm, just did a google, and this page came up: Is that about right?

hmm, no. Here's a link to one that's somewhat similar. Actually not really though. Mine's a dark gray instead, it's a little less wide and a little bit taller, and the strap is slightly different, but it's sorta that general style...well actually I think it's made out of something different too...LOL, but the overall structure and the way it's carried are the same.

The main reason I usually don't carry around more than will fit in my pocket is that I soon wouldn't have it. I tend to put things down and forget them. I don't even wear a coat if I can avoid it because I'm always losing the things when I take them off. :*)

LOL that's totally me! But I like the bag because I don't like to put anything in my pockets, at least not my front pockets. LOL basically if my pants are loose enough that I can easily put something in the front pocket, they're too loose! :P:boy: So I tend to keep my wallet, cell phone, and keys in one of the back pockets if I can, or else I tend to just carry them around and yeah I'm sure to put them down and walk off <_< . LOL, when I was a teen it was so bad that my friends would joke that if I've been somewhere I've probably left my keys there.

The bigger the object though the less likely I am to leave it mostly because 1) it's easier to see and notice when you get up/walk away and 2) I'll miss it sooner and 3) if I'm not visibly carrying it I know that I do need to go back (whereas with my keys for example I'd probably just assume they were in a pocket.

hmm, no. Here's a link to one that's somewhat similar. Actually not really though. Mine's a dark gray instead, it's a little less wide and a little bit taller, and the strap is slightly different, but it's sorta that general style...well actually I think it's made out of something different too...LOL, but the overall structure and the way it's carried are the same.

Ahh, thanks! I've carried a camera bag that was kind of similar. I came close to losing that (left behind in any number of places) so many times it scared me to take it out of the suitcase. I am so glad that there are now decent digital cameras that are pocket-sized.

LOL that's totally me! But I like the bag because I don't like to put anything in my pockets, at least not my front pockets. LOL basically if my pants are loose enough that I can easily put something in the front pocket, they're too loose! :P:boy: So I tend to keep my wallet, cell phone, and keys in one of the back pockets if I can, or else I tend to just carry them around and yeah I'm sure to put them down and walk off <_< . LOL, when I was a teen it was so bad that my friends would joke that if I've been somewhere I've probably left my keys there.

The bigger the object though the less likely I am to leave it mostly because 1) it's easier to see and notice when you get up/walk away and 2) I'll miss it sooner and 3) if I'm not visibly carrying it I know that I do need to go back (whereas with my keys for example I'd probably just assume they were in a pocket.

LoL! I am not deterred by size when it comes to losing things. I lose jackets regularly. If I go to Phoenix (the nearest place with a large mall) I tend to lose my SUV on occasion, at least while I spend an hour walking around the parking lot trying to remember where I parked it.

Generally, I drive most everywhere so I just leave things in the vehicle rather than carrying them around. Usually, I can be sure that I won't forget to take my vehicle with me. LoL.

As for the pockets thing, I discovered the "cargo pockets" styles of shorts and pants a few years ago, and love 'em!

• 3 weeks later...
<cough>wallet <cough> (I thoguht most everyone kept them in there?)

eek DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT keep condoms in your wallet because they are likely become ineffective due to the pressure that is applied to them therefore making one more susceptible to contracting a STD or becoming pregnant for you ladies.

So... :unsure:

I carry nothing with me, except at school, and only at I school, I have my backpack, and it only has my books and folders in it.

I have my wallet in my back pocket, and it has my Drivers License, Debit Card, School ID, Insurance card, cash (When I actually have any), a few pictures, my hunti licenses. That is abot it. I have my keys in my pocket, and a pencil in my side pocket almost by my knee.

That is all that I have with me daily, and I do just fine! :D

Kurt :P