To be completely honest with everyone, I am completely burned out. I have no more tolerance at all for BS. Running this site is sitting directly in front of a stream of it.

I run myself ragged keeping up with all the stuff for this site... do I hear thanks? no. Do I hear appreciation? No.

I hear about how I should be doing things. I hear about how so and so did such and such and how evil/incompetent/stupid I am for allowing it.

It takes a LOT of work to run a site this size. Everyone seems to think they know how to do it. I'll beg to differ. If you knew how to do it, then you'd have your own large community with everyone griping at you and you wouldn't have time to arm-chair general your time for me.

A lot of people here are absolutely savaging a good person here who has dared to enforce rules and to try to herd a bunch of cats. People have volunteered and have left once they realize that when we ask you to volunteer time to help... you actually have to spend time and help.

I'm not going to name names, but one of the people that had a whole bunch to say about how I should be doing things, told me that he would be happy to help. But we would have to work around his schedule. He mentioned something about university finals and then a vacation for this month.

Well... Good Lord! Why didn't I think of that? I don't work 50 hours a week and I didn't just finish my masters of science degree, while trying to keep GA running.

Everyone expects me to drop everything I'm doing to solve their issues so they can read their story on the site. Or because they aren't happy because their skin is so thin and someone said "liar liar pants on fire."

No one seems to appreciate the fine line we have to tread. The majority of the people in the world do not like Gays. But they really despise and wish to hang those guys that like younger guys. ANY hint of any sort of adult male chatting with a teenager raises all sorts of unholy hell. When push comes to shove, the FBI doesn't come knocking on YOUR door when something goes bad. They come to mine. I've asked the staff here to strictly enforce rules regarding live chat and conversations between the young men and adults here. For this I get grief.

It only takes one little incident to have this place closed outright. But nobody cares about that. They are more concerned that they can't do whatever the hell they want, simply because they want it. They terrorize someone that has the gall to enforce the rules.

Let me put everyone on notice:

I started this site because I enjoy reading good stories. I found good authors and having good authors attracted more. I started a community so that people could talk about those stories. I am rather libertarian in political view, so I've kept the rules to a minimum.

I am no longer having fun. Gay Authors is far more work for me than any worth I get out of it. A large number of the staff have left for personal reasons or because of the mistreatment from you the members. I have a list of people that are causing me more grief than anything else. I'm going to give everything a few more days to stabilize. After that point, anyone that is causing me grief, is going to be leaving Gay Authors. If that doesn't work, I will simply close the majority of the forums.

This site is what its members make of it. The things we ask for are VERY minimal and for the best of keeping the community open and safe.

For the vast majority of the silent readers, please forgive this rant. It may be time to come out from hiding and post about what you feel.

Tell me why it is worth my time to keep Gay Authors open and thriving.

You know

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I didn't know about the moderators getting a bunch of flack. From Myrs post, it sounds like most of it is over 'live chat'. Well, I would miss it, but if it meant supporting the Moderators, and protecting the site, I would get over it if Myr decided not to bring it back.

As far as why I don't want to see GA disapear, this is the only place I feel truely comfortable being Me(Bisexual and all).

to loose GA would be totally devistating for me