Suddenly, . . . silence.

captainrick

Damn, it got quiet in here all of a sudden.

:unsure::unsure:

Rick

Yeah, I just checked in today and saw hardly any posts. I've been prety much absent from GA for a few days due to the flu, but I was really surprised to see it go this quiet. Must be the holliday season?

hmm could be all i can say is I have been home sick pretty much just sleeping the last few days so yeah I havent done anything anywhere. First time I have even been here in a while. Seroiusly I think half the people online are sick :blink:

• Site Moderator

It's been a busy week for me. This past Wednesday was the Annual Employee Christmas Luncheon at work. So I had to be back to work at 1 in the morning until 4. Then back in at 10 am thru 1st and 2nd shift meals. Every year the Department heads, prepare and serve the meal for the staff.

I spent yesterday, Thursday, recovering and uploading some new skins for The Talon House?, including a new seasonal one. Since the upgrade, the old ones no longer work properly.

Today, was spent shopping, and I can now say, I'M DONE! Of course, I took the easy way out by buying gift cards. Later this evening, I plan to do a little celebrating instead of tomorrow.

Jan

• Site Moderator

That could be one reason for the lack of posting.

But I also know one member is on holiday with his family, so he's not been around this week, but should be back soon.

That could be one reason for the lack of posting.

But I also know one member is on holiday with his family, so he's not been around this week, but should be back soon.

I know of several people who are offline for holiday or travel related reasons. I also notice that posting has picked up a bit in the last 24 hours.

This last week has been busy, not only with work, but in trying to figure out what the heck to buy people. I've only gotten 2 presents so far - one Thursday night for my work's Friday gift exchange (and thankfully, the person liked it), and one about 2 months ago that I saw as a cool stocking stuffer gift for Dan. I will be looking forward to next weekend, as it should mean the end of total business for a little bit :-)

I've been prety much absent from GA for a few days due to the flu

I also notice that posting has picked up a bit in the last 24 hours.

So, let me get this right. C James stops posting much for a while and it goes really quiet. Then, he posts something and within a a day, maybe 2 of him posting it picks up a lot... looks like he posts even more than we thought. :P

I know I haven't been posting much for the past few.......months. But then again I barely posted before that anyway.

So, let me get this right. C James stops posting much for a while and it goes really quiet. Then, he posts something and within a a day, maybe 2 of him posting it picks up a lot... looks like he posts even more than we thought. :P

I know I haven't been posting much for the past few.......months. But then again I barely posted before that anyway.

:o:o:o

Surely, it must be a coincidence! :ph34r::ph34r:

Damn, it got quiet in here all of a sudden.

**clears his throat loudly**

I've been prety much absent from GA for a few days due to the flu,

hmm could be all i can say is I have been home sick pretty much just sleeping the last few days so yeah I havent done anything anywhere.

**hugs CJ and Robin**

I hope you two, and everyone else who is sick, feels much better FAST

Today, was spent shopping, and I can now say, I'M DONE! Of course, I took the easy way out by buying gift cards. Later this evening, I plan to do a little celebrating instead of tomorrow.

HEHE, I'm done too, but yeah I took the same easy way out for most people 0:)

Maybe it

I think you're right, Michael. If I remember correctly I was much more active this time last year, but I do seem to remember a drop off in blog activity.

And you being active last year is why the forums stayed more active. 0:)

:lol:

I wouldn't count on it!

At this rate you'll hit your 3,000th before I get to 2,000! :blink:

:blink:

Kevin, you are less than 200 posts way from your 2000th! And, the only reason I have more posts than you is that you have been here longer than I have. :ph34r:

Kevin, you are less than 200 posts way from your 2000th! And, the only reason I have more posts than you is that you have been here longer than I have. :ph34r:

Does that second part evenmake sense..? :P

Does that second part evenmake sense..? :P

In my totally unbiased and impartial opinion: of course it does! :ph34r::P

I think this is CJ's way to challenge Kevin for a race of posts.

So we need to set some rules, like what is the distance. I say the winner is the one who gets to 4000 posts first.

What is the prize? I don't know what CJ likes, but Kevin likes Chocolate, so maybe the prize should be a big box of Godiva chocolate?

Read? Set, Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Site Administrator

The fact that I've been away in Queensland for a week has nothing to do with the slow down, I promise. CJ keeps telling me I'm a postaholic, so if you can't find the posts that I made while I didn't have internet access, I'm sure it's not my fault....

I've still got a lot of catching up to do, but I assure you I'll be back up to normal posting speed soon.

So we need to set some rules, like what is the distance. I say the winner is the one who gets to 4000 posts first.

What is the prize? I don't know what CJ likes, but Kevin likes Chocolate, so maybe the prize should be a big box of Godiva chocolate?

4000? But, Kevin will probably reach that by the end of this month, even if he doesn't get back up to full normal posting! :P

The fact that I've been away in Queensland for a week has nothing to do with the slow down, I promise. CJ keeps telling me I'm a postaholic, so if you can't find the posts that I made while I didn't have internet access, I'm sure it's not my fault....

I've still got a lot of catching up to do, but I assure you I'll be back up to normal posting speed soon.

Wow, you even post while not online? Now that's a postaholic!

Great to have you back, Graeme! We missed you!

You know what I've noticed... the other two forums that I frequent have no concern for post counts. In fact, one of them had a thread where, after about 15 pages of people bitching over those who were proud getting to four digits, the thread turned into a messenger. Basically anyone who was online at the moment would talk to someone else through posting in that thread. After about 600 pages of this, the admins deleted the thread and forbid anyone from talking about post counts longer than was necessary. Over there I have a decent 1800 posts, which is nothing compared to a few friends of mine are well over 12,000 posts.

In short, you guys are lightweights and have no lives, haha. :hug: but I still love ya'll!

I also just noticed this is post 664 for me, so I must made the post after the next post count for something :devil:

Edited by rknapp

***straps on his running shoes and takes off***

hehe, I know I can get those chocolates! :boy:

LOL it will be tough for a one-legged pirate to catch a four-legged goat though! :P

You know what I've noticed... the other two forums that I frequent have no concern for post counts. In fact, one of them had a thread where, after about 15 pages of people bitching over those who were proud getting to four digits, the thread turned into a messenger. Basically anyone who was online at the moment would talk to someone else through posting in that thread. After about 600 pages of this, the admins deleted the thread and forbid anyone from talking about post counts longer than was necessary. Over there I have a decent 1800 posts, which is nothing compared to a few friends of mine are well over 12,000 posts.

Just out of curiousity what's the focus/type of the forum?

-Kevin

***straps on his running shoes and takes off***

hehe, I know I can get those chocolates! :boy:

LOL it will be tough for a one-legged pirate to catch a four-legged goat though! :P

Maybe I should concede the race?

Getting into a posting contest with Kevin is like getting into a footrace with an Olympic runner,

or racing a volkswagen beetle against a formula one, or racing an piper cub against an F-15!