Last Minute Gift Ideas

JamesSavik

Hey guys! Christmas is Monday so you've only got 2, maybe 3 days left.

Please post last minute gift ideas in this thread but no spam!

I'm giving a number of people on my list secure storage boxes from Vaultz.

They make a number of small, stylish secure boxes for media storage, index cards, art supplies, laptops and toolboxes. Most of the items are between $10-20 and they look sharp. Oh and they are tough as nails.

Just an idea. Let's hear some more!

Gift Cards! Though I've heard some people say gift certificates are impersonal, I don't believe it. Some people are just very hard to buy for and I think the best thing for them is a gift card, takes all the trouble out of them having to return something. OH and if it's real last minute you can go to Dunkin Donuts on Christmas day and pick one up!

Oh yes! Gift cards are good.

I read that the top 5 most wanted gift cards are:

1. Best Buy

2. Wal-mart (no accounting for taste I suppose)

3. Amazon

4. E-bay

5. Borders

Oh yes- I almost forgot!

Please support Product Red

A number of companies have designated a RED product or service and will donate to drug fund to fight AIDS in Africa.

As of now, there is the Sprint Red Razor, Red Ipod Nano, Red American Express, Red Armani Watch, Red Converse shoes and Red Gap-ware. Keep your eyes open for new RED products!

While AIDS has had a horrible impact on our own community, Africa is suffering horrific losses. Why not buy a product or service that you are going to use anyway and save a life or two?

...Oh yes- I almost forgot!

Please support Product Red

A number of companies have designated a RED product or service and will donate to drug fund to fight AIDS in Africa.

As of now, there is the Sprint Red Razor, Red Ipod Nano, Red American Express, Red Armani Watch, Red Converse shoes and Red Gap-ware. Keep your eyes open for new RED products!

While AIDS has had a horrible impact on our own community, Africa is suffering horrific losses. Why not buy a product or service that you are going to use anyway and save a life or two?

I have a Gap Product Red hoodie, olive with a red lining, says TI(RED) in a pale red color on the back! :D Perfect!

Colin :boy:

My gift system might not work for everyone. I definitely wouldn't recommend it for MASS gift giving. However, it is fairly inexpensive and easy, though it does require creativity. I'll outline the steps.

1. Go to Wal-Mart, or some other store with nice prices.

2. Walk down every aisle. Walk slowly, paying attention to the merchandise while keeping your person in mind.

3. THINK CHEAP! Sounds evil, but the cheapness is part of the novelty of this method.

4. Anything that reminds you of that person, for any reason, consider the implications. Any inside jokes to work with? Try to make it funny. Or, try to make it cute!

5. Purchase your gift. Maybe it's something funny, cute, or even something with that person's name in it. (I got a girl a thingy called "Katie's Scrunchy Hanger" simply because her name was Katie. Then, I decorated it... see the next step)

6. DECORATION! This is KEY! Add PERSONAL touches. Remember your kindergarten days!!!! Color it, wrap it, add to it, JAZZ IT UP! Make it scream that it's made specifically for your person. It doesn't have to be hard, or expensive. Just use your imagination.

7. Add a card, and WRITE IN IT YOURSELF!

Now, using only a minimal amount of money, a lot of creativity, some humor, and maybe an hour or two total, you've created a personal, one of a kind gift. I know this is vague, but this is basically what I do for everyone. If you're good at it, then it's great for last minute shoppers. It makes your special people feel good that you put thought into their gift; you thought about them specifically when you got it, and that creates instant warm fuzzies!

Example: I procured a school lunchtray, wrote "F*CK" in big letters over the school logo, wrote a little message around the rim of it, and then added an "I love you!" note on the back. Tis a tray... to be used for... ermm... special things... example of an inside joke here, lol. This is Jordan's Christmas present from myself and another friend. :) Nice, personal, inexpensive, and lets them know you care.

Or, if that sounds like too much creativity and work... try www.instasong.com My friend Liz gave me one last year... it still has the basics of my idea in it. Original thought, that's what counts. :D Here's one... http://instasong.com/servlets/GetTheGift?song=78811639

A cordless drill.

Dave Barry suggests that as the gift to get every guy. It will always be appreciated, no matter how many cordless drills he already has.

Gift cards are not necessarily impersonal. If you know that someone shops frequently at a place, then a card for there should be perceived as a thoughtful, personal gift.

People would like to give me books but won't normally dare unless they find something just perfect and they're relatively sure I couldn't already have it.

So people give me Barnes and Noble or Amazon gift cards. Tr

• Site Administrator

One suggestion that may work for some people:

Give them a card saying that X amount has been donated to a particular charity in their name. There are a lot of charities looking for money at this time of the year, and while some appear a little bogus, it doesn't take much effort to find some decent ones. There are even a number of charities that focus on the GLBT community: Alfred Kennedy in the UK and 2010 in Sydney, Australia are just a couple.

One suggestion that may work for some people:

Give them a card saying that X amount has been donated to a particular charity in their name. There are a lot of charities looking for money at this time of the year, and while some appear a little bogus, it doesn't take much effort to find some decent ones. There are even a number of charities that focus on the GLBT community: Alfred Kennedy in the UK and 2010 in Sydney, Australia are just a couple.

It is actually Albert Kennedy LINK