[dkstories] DOH 32 & 33

Whoa. :blink:

A LOT happened in these two chapters!!!!

I'll wait before discussing it so as to avoid spoilers (and give myself a chance to re-read) But I sure did notice a very interesting alliance mentioned.

Thank you DK and Emoe! This was SUPERB!

I'll close, for now, with one quote that left me howling with laugher.

Where is everyone!??!?!!?

My favorite scene was the meeting with the Pirate. That brings up some interesting questions though: He's basically at war with the Federation, so what is he doing with Federation Capitol ships?

The battle scenes were superb, as always, but were more of an overview that is obviously leading up to something. The collusion between Leonov and SOL is very perplexing. I'm very curious as to why Sol hasn't attacked yet? Perhaps they have internal problems?

Lacking internal constraints, they would be nuts, from a strategic perspective. not to have began prepping to attack the miniute they heard of the civil war.

Those bolt-holes (not thinking of the traitor ones here) are a real strategic two-edged sword. Handy for a reserve force and also their stated purpose, they are a liability if the Republic can't call on their forces; it opens up the Republic to defeat in detail.

Can't wait to see where this is going!

Geez, is no one playing with CJ? Fine, make me do it...

CJ, doesn't it make sense that since he's leading a rebellion amongst the Federation clones that he's capturing and using Federation ships? There is a lot more going on behind the scenes with Johan, but I don't think we get to see any of it before this story ends (damn that author!).

We're all curious as to why Sol hasn't attacked yet. If we're lucky, we might find out by Chapter 40. Then again, you never know with this damn author. We could have seen our last space battle for the rest of the story and it's all a melodrama while Masako goes berserk during the delivery of her child, kills Garret and they end up having to use another 10 model to impersonate him so the story can continue...

The bolt-holes look great on paper, but the reality of them are something totally different. Especially that Atrix planet...you know, the Republic needs to expand and there's this great big world with an already breathable atmosphere and the Republic's been scraping together resources to get other planets up to habitable levels? Why's Garret holding out on the Republic? Hell, Calos is so overcrowded right now that they could siphon off a few million people and no one would really blink...except for the people on Atrix Prime.

What should I say after a post like that, DK? You might as well not post the rest of the chapters with that summary... I know you want to stimulate conversation, but really now, kill off Garret? That is a little extreme, wouldn't you say? Ok, maybe not for you but still...

Atrix Prime sounds sort of Utopian to me when I read about it. Or is it that mankind can reach such ideals when it is inspired to do so and everyone is focused on that goal all of their lives. Why does mankind sink to its lowest common denominator instead of striving to reach its highest pinnacles of success?

What should I say after a post like that, DK? You might as well not post the rest of the chapters with that summary... I know you want to stimulate conversation, but really now, kill off Garret? That is a little extreme, wouldn't you say? Ok, maybe not for you but still...

Atrix Prime sounds sort of Utopian to me when I read about it. Or is it that mankind can reach such ideals when it is inspired to do so and everyone is focused on that goal all of their lives. Why does mankind sink to its lowest common denominator instead of striving to reach its highest pinnacles of success?

Now that last question is one philosophers have been dealing with since the beginning of time. My short answer is that if we weren't so willing to lower ourselves to the lowest common denominator, people like me would have a lot LESS to write about.

Geez, is no one playing with CJ? Fine, make me do it...

A fate worse than death! :lmao:

CJ, doesn't it make sense that since he's leading a rebellion amongst the Federation clones that he's capturing and using Federation ships? There is a lot more going on behind the scenes with Johan, but I don't think we get to see any of it before this story ends (damn that author!).

A mutiny would indeed have a chance to put a warship in the hands of the mutineers.

However, DK, I think you are misunderstanding what the author really means here: What the author is saying, by omitting some details of Johan and the rebellion, is that they will play a larger role in the sequel.

Ohhh... Just had a thought: I bet the Federation will be pissed that Johan has been given a safe haven. Maybe this time, they join Sol in an attack on the Republic?

We're all curious as to why Sol hasn't attacked yet. If we're lucky, we might find out by Chapter 40. Then again, you never know with this damn author. We could have seen our last space battle for the rest of the story and it's all a melodrama while Masako goes berserk during the delivery of her child, kills Garret and they end up having to use another 10 model to impersonate him so the story can continue...

If not Ch 40, how about in ch 41? (Sequel! Sequel!)

I do have a hunch that Garret might not survive in his current incarnation, or perhaps at all. I'm also wondering how the heck you could possibly wrap this up in the seven remaining chapters!

Therefor, I'm wondering if Sol finally moves in Ch 39, and Ch 40 is the utter destruction of Garret and his forces...

The bolt-holes look great on paper, but the reality of them are something totally different. Especially that Atrix planet...you know, the Republic needs to expand and there's this great big world with an already breathable atmosphere and the Republic's been scraping together resources to get other planets up to habitable levels? Why's Garret holding out on the Republic? Hell, Calos is so overcrowded right now that they could siphon off a few million people and no one would really blink...except for the people on Atrix Prime.

The big problem that I see with Atrix Prime is its location. It is on the far side of the Sol empire, and protected from Sol only by secrecy. Not a good place to send colonists IMHO. However, those bolt-holes also sure are ripe for abuse, as evidenced by the traitor ones.

Uhoh. Hmmmm...

Now that last question is one philosophers have been dealing with since the beginning of time. My short answer is that if we weren't so willing to lower ourselves to the lowest common denominator, people like me would have a lot LESS to write about.

At least that's one redeeming factor of mankind's tendency to seek the lowest common denominator. ;)

At least that's one redeeming factor of mankind's tendency to seek the lowest common denominator. ;)

DK, I feel certain that the fertile fields of your mind will always produce fruit of the high-quality reading variety! :worship: