Winter Holiday by Sinbad (on eFiction)

:worship::worship:

Okay, I'm BEGGING....

The first story I submitted to GA (or anywhere else for that matter) is Winter Holiday. I submitted it and it got a nice positive review which was very encouraging to this newbie. I then withdrew it and edited it down to about 2/3 its original length so it would qualify and submitted it for inclusion in the Winter 2006 anthology. It got a lot of kind comments there too. But several requested follow-on stories. So with permission, I re-posted the original longer version in eFiction with the intention of making it the first in a series.

That was the first day of the year and it has attracted NO reviews or ratings. Which is a little disappointing. So this is my plea: please spare the time to read my story and let me know what you think!

I'm currently working on Lord Richard (see separate topic) and finding that if you write a period piece you have to get it right. Winter Holiday doesn't have that problem - I wrote what I know - here and now!

If you like Winter Holiday, you might also like my other offering - Timothy's Story.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you...

Sinbad

Winter Holiday

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sindbad,

First of all, you don't have to beg! Your story is really wonderful. And it deserves good comments. That's why I'm using my 100th post to tell you how much I liked it! :2thumbs:

The story line is same as the one in the Winter Anthology. But this one got lots of details and descriptions. I didn't think it was possible but this story is sweeter that the anthology one. I relished reading it.

I'm not a great reviewer and I don't know much what to say. In simple words: I loved it. :worship::worship:

I liked the fact that you weren't discouraged and that you kept writing. Your stories are really good. In fact, I'm on Lord Richard right now. It's amazing

Keep it up

and take care

Ieshwar