MMandM

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Administrator

I forgot to ad he deserved it :wub:

Meanie :music:

Morgan -- he's a Lawyer! Being mean comes with the job.

Disclaimer: One of my good friends (who I'm going to see tonight) is a lawyer and I've heard enough stories that....<rest of post deleted for fear of being sued :P >

I was about 16 when I confessed to a priest that I might be gay. He didn't invite me into the presbytery, instead he stood at the door and advised me to say one Our Father and three Hail Marys and that everything would be alright. :thumbdown: Bleh.

I was about 16 when I confessed to a priest that I might be gay. He didn't invite me into the presbytery, instead he stood at the door and advised me to say one Our Father and three Hail Marys and that everything would be alright. :thumbdown: Bleh.

That is SO funny! But I guess ya gotta be Catholic (current or, like me, prior) to really get it. :devil:

Colin :boy:

I might as well get the worse one out first. I love boy bands. But that's not the bad part...I like their music. I have all their cd's and still play them.

omg, I don't believe I admitted that. :ph34r:

A side story to the above...I was in a post office 3 or 4 months ago. The male clerk was about 19 - 20 and really cute. I noticed his name tag said Justin. So, to prolong the contact, I said, "So you're the dude who's bringing sexy back?" He almost went into respiratory arrest. :lol:

Confession #2 I'm an RC - Recovering Catholic. As a young teenager, I masturbated a great deal. Being in a Catholic school, I had to go to confession every month. I could only bring myself to confess to 4 or 5 times a month, which, believe me, was a little on the low side. B) So I used to keep track of how many I was behind, believing firmly that I could get it under control and eventually catch up. At about 85 behind, I quit keeping track. I couldn't take it anymore. :lmao: Yes, it is funny now but not then.

Conner

Dear oh dear...may I be so bold as to say that shyness is a form of egocenticity? While you insist on being worried about how approaching another person will affect YOU you're not focusing on the other person. It's like putting up a barrier. Okay, your homework is: write 1000 times "I will approach people with a smile on my face and focus my whole attention on them."

You know that reminds me of a funny story. A woman I work with likes to call me Lurch (Adams Family, for the uneducated). She says that this is because when I first started working at the store, I scared the hell out of her. I would just stand at the register with no expression whatsoever and the most sunken eyes you ever saw. I laugh everytime she tells that story haha.

I confess that I don't think I'll be able to stop myself from buying the new Comaros... they're just too damned sexy... lol.

Krista

I hear if you are cute and make that confession, they'll invite you to seminary.

:lol:

Like me and Colin we seen the light and got out :P

Edited by Drewbie

Meanie :music:

Morgan -- he's a Lawyer! Being mean comes with the job.

Disclaimer: One of my good friends (who I'm going to see tonight) is a lawyer and I've heard enough stories that....<rest of post deleted for fear of being sued :P >

I spent half a day sitting in on one of his court cases. I thought he had a Dr. Jeckle & Mr. Hyde thing going on. Mr. Hyde was in the court room and Dr. Jeckle walked out at the end of the day :music:

I confess that I finally ate something chocolate since I was six years old... lol. It will probably be the last time ever. I just don't have a taste for anything chocolate. BTW I ate a Oreo cookie.. lol.

Krista

I confess that I finally ate something chocolate since I was six years old... lol. It will probably be the last time ever. I just don't have a taste for anything chocolate. BTW I ate a Oreo cookie.. lol.

Krista

You are the second female this week who has told me this... is this a growing trend?

I confess that I'm an insane, clingy, crush-having weirdo who, even after being rejected, still remains secretly hopeful about past relationships even though it's clear that they will never work that way.

I also confess that I intend to go to England this summer and, with the aid of a good friend, find a gay bar and get drunk and felt up as soon as possible. It sounds so scandalous when I say it that way.

Oh, and I love lawyer jokes, too. Secretly, I once considered pursuing law as a profession, but the good won out over the evil. :D

I confess that I'm an insane, clingy, crush-having weirdo who, even after being rejected, still remains secretly hopeful about past relationships even though it's clear that they will never work that way.

I also confess that I intend to go to England this summer and, with the aid of a good friend, find a gay bar and get drunk and felt up as soon as possible. It sounds so scandalous when I say it that way.

Oh, and I love lawyer jokes, too. Secretly, I once considered pursuing law as a profession, but the good won out over the evil. :D

Hey know, you're making my cry... (Legal Studies Major, Criminal Justice Minor...)

Yeah, I know I'm gonna end up as one of those mean, dry, sarcastic lawyers. But think of the political activism!!

And when I run for president someday, y'all can vote for me. :)

And you're going to England... I hate you. Perhaps I could stow myself away in your carry-on bag.

Confession #2 I'm an RC - Recovering Catholic. As a young teenager, I masturbated a great deal. Being in a Catholic school, I had to go to confession every month. I could only bring myself to confess to 4 or 5 times a month, which, believe me, was a little on the low side. B) So I used to keep track of how many I was behind, believing firmly that I could get it under control and eventually catch up. At about 85 behind, I quit keeping track. I couldn't take it anymore. :lmao: Yes, it is funny now but not then.

Did they actually ask you to supply a number, Conner? Personally speaking I never considered it sinful in the first place and thus didn't bother to confess it. But in my experience with Catholic confession the priest never asked "how many times?" with regards to any sin. LOL, probably realized if they did they'd likely get a lot of "umm, gee, I dunno, a bunch?" answers :P

You are the second female this week who has told me this... is this a growing trend?

YAY! More for me!! :boy:

About the chocolate thing, I don't know if its a growing trend. I can't stand it for three reasons.

1. I ate so much of it as a little kid that I got burned out on it.

2. It has a funny sour aftertaste.

3. It frequently triggers conversations about menstural anomolies....too much info, damn it!

I confess, I am planning to go to our local gay paraed after Sunday mass a few weeks from now. My life is full of contradictions. Its interesting that way.

Did somebody say lawyer jokes? :huh:

q: What's meaner than a grizzly bear with the clap?

a: The lawyer that gave it too him. :lmao:

q: What's the difference between a bankrupt attorney and a pigeon?

a: The pigeon can still make a deposit on a Mercedes.

q: Have you heard about the lawyers

• Site Administrator

I confess that I found a racy, exciting and stimulating magazine in the seat pocket on my last airline flight -- obviously left over from an earlier flight.

Lawyers Weekly

• Site Administrator
I think most lawyers are pond scum. Present company excluded. 0:)

I have a good friend who is a lawyer. I've known him for about 25 years now (we met up at university). He has, in the past, suggested that he provides more of a community service than the rest of the group, since he helps people/corporations right wrongs....

However, I have heard him tell stories about other lawyers that would support your statement above....