Jump to content

PrivateTim

Members
  • Posts

    4,619
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by PrivateTim

  1. PrivateTim

    Chapter 31

    I don't like Calvert. Never have. I like Cavendish much better. Freddy should get a suitable marriage then Arbour can write their love story, Brokeback Mews, 🤣
  2. PrivateTim

    Chapter 27

    I remember being about 8 years old and at my grandparent's home in Wawona, Yosemite. I'd gone on a short hike with my father and he knelt down and got a drink of water from a small stream. I was horrified. How could he drink water from something on the ground? Good, healthy water came from faucets! It is such an enduring memory of mine. Later when I was going to school at Berkeley and my parent's had their own ski cabin in Tahoe and their drinking water came directly from Lake Tahoe, I could not believe how bad Bay Area water tasted after drinking "real water"on weekends in Tahoe. I know how Granger feels drinking his fill.
  3. PrivateTim

    Chapter 20

    I think Conway needs to be around still to throw in future twists and turns into the plot, but if I was Granger I'd have arranged for him to disappear on Cape Verde.
  4. PrivateTim

    Chapter 18

    Ooooo, if you need help I can tell you who Matt's dad is!!
  5. PrivateTim

    Chapter 18

    Okay, I know I've read this before..... twice, but for the life of me I don't remember what happens next. Me, I'd court martial Conway and leave him, Ford and the five miscreants behind on Cape Verde. Or hang the lot of them for treason.
  6. PrivateTim

    Chapter 6

    Ship the bitch off to Bermuda.
  7. PrivateTim

    Chapter 38

    Davina won't get any formal punishment, not real punishment, and she knows it because the thing will be handled "quietly" as they like to say. If I was George, I'd have his hardest men take her, dismember her and feed her to the fishies.
  8. PrivateTim

    Chapter 34

    Time ro make Arthur kiss the gunner's daughter. What a little bitch he's become.
  9. PrivateTim

    The Funeral

    I think that was in reaction to whiners demanding more George and CAP was in an especially juicy spot. I don't many appreciate how difficult;t Bridgemont is to write.
  10. PrivateTim

    The Funeral

    I started with Mr. Midshipman Hornblower and read through chronologically as I could. I think I was 11 or 12. I had just finished a Tod Moran book and was looking for more nautical books.
  11. PrivateTim

    The Funeral

    Will can afford to, because despite my dislike of so many aspects of him, he has taken the initiative to learn about things like finance and investments. He hasn't been a dilettante musing about colors. Brad isn't necessarily trying to control things, but is necessarily trying to inform Jeremy that these codicils exist in many of his trusts and that if he wants that money he needs to start college in the next two years. That was the funniest line in the chapter. I meant to mention it.
  12. PrivateTim

    The Funeral

    “So you’re going to blackmail me to go to college by threatening my lifestyle,” “What’s that?” I asked, finally getting sick of being in the dark. - “I have no idea how these things work, so I have no clue how to handle it.” Hey Jeremy, if you want to maintain your lifestyle, go out and earn your own money. The people who made the money and set up the trusts have every right to dictate the terms. revocable or irrevocable. Maybe your ignorance on so many things is telling you that you need a formal education. As to Will {sigh}, after spending a week or so with the Honorable George Granger, it is crystal clear why I think Will is such an ass. I never really wanted to read Chronicles Of An Academic Predator. I was put off by the title. I had read a story of Mark Arbour's at a different site and it referenced GayAuthors. I was thrilled when I got here and discovered the Bridgemont series. I am a huge fan of CS Forester and Patrick O'Brien and grew up with Horatio Hornblower and Jack Aubrey, and now George Granger. Obviously with more than 15 years invested in CAP I am thrilled with it, but it is no Bridgemont, the pinnacle of Mr. Arbour's literary achievement. Will is so like Brad in so many ways, but he lacks many of Brad's people skills and at 18, Will still doesn't know doo doo from Shinola, no 18 year old does.
  13. PrivateTim

    The Funeral

    Damn. I am in the middle of a re-read of St Vincent and now this pops up.
  14. PrivateTim

    Chapter 7

    What sane man would risk a similar problem, with Nelson’s flag midshipman? Oooo, can I guess?
  15. PrivateTim

    Chapter 42

    A solo bath? I for sure would have had Jorge scrubbing that salt off my back 🤣
  16. PrivateTim

    Chapter 16

    They just shouldn't show it
  17. PrivateTim

    Chapter 27

    I think if George was really a good person he get Gatling a bath at Portland Place 🤣
  18. PrivateTim

    Chapter 17

    The Honourable George Granger Philosophy of Love and Relationship.
  19. PrivateTim

    Chapter 16

    Well George was sure a little bitch this chapter.
  20. PrivateTim

    Chapter 9

    You have no soul. That was a 10 🤣
  21. PrivateTim

    Chapter 7

    Grafton reminds me of Peter O'Toole when he yelled, "no prisoners!"
  22. PrivateTim

    Chapter 5

    No, now it is Granger's turn to be a moody teen girl.
  23. PrivateTim

    Chapter 28

    No Calvert is a pain.
  24. PrivateTim

    Chapter 27

    “Then when it comes time for someone to be promoted, make sure it is him and not me,” Calvert said sincerely. “I know what I want. I want to be with you, here or wherever you go.” Dude, you are in the British Navy, not High School Musical. To stay with George forever is impossible. You need to man up.
  25. PrivateTim

    Chapter 8

    Of course he acts like a 9th grade girl. His name is Francis. PS Any connection between Captain Fellowes and Fellowes the CAP lawyer?
×
×
  • Create New...