-
Posts
4,618 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by PrivateTim
-
I am not sure what country you are from, but I think it is hard to speak in absolutes. There are generalities, but then with in each generality are carve outs based on some kind of community. In the U.S., or at least in So Cal, and then in the "national" communities I am involved with, here are the generalities. Boys in Middle School display much more affection for each other than they will by their Senior year in High School. The exceptions are the carve out communities. like the boys/young men in my church, the wrestling community, water polo community (maybe swimming too, but less than in water polo), and some other, select groups. It is common for hugs and physical signs of affection with no stigma attached. I see such comradery in other sports as well, but not to the extent I do in the ones I've mentioned. Maybe it is because I am around those communities more. As to Joel. It is not impossible that at age 10 he would self identify as gay, anecdotally there are lots of examples of such things, but research still suggests that people don't fully form their sexual identity until late puberty. A lot of experimentation and exploration occurs before boys graduate high school, yet very few of the intrepid explorers actually will later self identify as gay or bi. If Joel was as standoffish with classmates and teammates as he has been presented I find it hard to believe he would as successful as he has been in baseball.
-
Thanks Mark for sticking to the weekly schedule. I know it isn't easy writing to a deadline, even a self imposed one. So Brad... Brad is not stupid. I think Brad would have figured out by now how to deal with (handle) Will to get the results he wants out of Will. I don't think he'd still be the same Charging Bull, making the same blunders. And then Jeremy.... Jeremy just needs to grow up and have adult conversations with other adults. His growth has been retarded by having nothing to do or focus on. His fooling around with fashion things isn't a focus. He needs adult responsibilities, deadlines, even a little pressure maybe to start to mature. Will is still a dick, he is still trying to run other people's and be the King. I don't like Finn.
- 25 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
-
You're the top! You're the Coliseum You're the top! You're the Louver Museum You're a melody from a symphony by Strauss You're a Bendel bonnet A Shakespeare's sonnet You're Mickey Mouse You're the Nile You're the Tower of Pisa You're the smile on the Mona Lisa
- 39 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
-
Thanks for the newest sailor boy chapter! Is Granger's new house based on a real Nash work? Did Nash design homes with showers and water closets, or was that poetic license? In any case, it sounds as if Brentwood's new home will be spectacular. The politics are intriguing, but I like it better when people are shooting at each other with 32-pounder guns. Will Granger ever cruise the Caribbean or South Pacific when he is done with Boney?
- 39 comments
-
- 14
-
-
-
-
No I meant "Does anyone think Connley Ranch isn't Joel's..."
-
No Jack is just a man getting older and wondering what he has missed being with one woman since he was 16 years old. He is 40 years old and noticing his Dad Body, a little sagging in the face and when a 20 something bats her eyes, it fuels his ego, insecurities, curiosity and horniness. Rumor is guys in their 40's can still be horny.
-
I don't understand these comments. Doesn't anyone think Connley Ranch isn't Joel's "permanent residence" for as long as it needs to be? And that Joel would go to school with Colt and the twins? And play on that school's baseball team? Being a star athlete is about more than getting a scholarship. It is about getting into a school you otherwise might not get into and maybe getting financial aid you otherwise might not.
-
I liked Titanic, but I actually laughed out loud when she said "I'll never let go" then shoved Leo under the water. My best friend was sobbing.
-
He would not be ineligible in any state I know of. Moving out of the county where he was to a new residence in a different county is different from transferring without leaving the district you were in. There are over 1,600 college baseball programs, D1-JC. Most can offer non-athletic financial aid, in addition to scholarship money. It remains to be seen what happens with NIL in college baseball.
-
The story is moving very slowly along. Not a criticism, just an observation. We are still in the first 24-48 hours since Joel was thrown out by his mother. Not sure where the wild ass guesses are coming from in what is next or what a certain look or phrase means. Joel is still in shock from the events. It will take him a while to process what has happened and what is next. At least this didn't happen during baseball season, meaning school was in session, that would really add complication. My speculation on Colt being gay has nothing to do with anything textual, it is just a guess on where the storyline could go.
- 59 comments
-
- 13
-
-
-
In the poll in the fan forum I called Guy Fellowes the MOST likely and Trevor the LEAST likely. THAT should have been our clue, that like any good mystery writer, the least likely suspect was going to be the guilty one. Who knows why, but maybe someone is chirping in Trevor's ear that Travis cheated him. Or maybe there is another outside source (Alexandra, Elizabeth, etc) that has gotten to Big.
-
Has it been "a couple of years" in CAP time? If the cheating started in Gap Year, that was maybe less than a year ago in CAP time. The "gap year" lasted what, 3 years in real time? Started in 2020, finished in 2023 or 2024 I think. Jack is hardly the first character in CAP to cheat on a partner, but he seems to be catching more flack for it than his peers in the family.
-
Another great chapter! I love Fridays!
- 18 comments
-
- 13
-
-
-
Stef might not ski, but you don't need to ski to own a chalet in the French or Swiss Alps and I think Stef would love the tight fitting ski apparel of the day and being a snow bunny in the lodge. Of all the major male characters in CAP Jack isn't even top ten in the scumbag behavior department.
-
The property in Wyoming was commercial, not residential as I recall Skiing/snowboarding is an activity of the wealthy, even if they don't ski or snowboard. A lot of the kids from Malibu. Harvard-Westlake and Palo Alto would be snowboarders, especially the surfers. Growing up everyone I knew had a house in Hawaii, one in Palm Desert and a ski condo. The locations of the ski condos moved with the time. First Aspen, then Vail, then Bachelor Gulch or Deer Valley.
-
It is too déclassé. 100 years ago it was fine when Wrigley bought it. Mark's also never had any of the characters own ski chalets at Bachelor Gulch, Yellowstone Mountain Club, St. Moritz or even Lake Tahoe.
-
OMG it must be nice to have time to watch an hour and a half YouTube video! Maybe Travis & Will's house will burn down in the fire in Book 47 of CAP.
-
It was my impression that we are barely into Summer.
-
Every state has different rules governing athletic eligibility, but most jurisdictions are falling in behind the court rulings pertaining to college athletes. In California, if you change your legal residence you are eligible to compete for the new school. That is an over simplification because there are nuances to the policies, but athletes have been gaining the upper hand in transfers. In Nevada they have open enrollment. There was an athlete there who a few years ago played football, basketball and baseball for three separate schools in one school year. In any case, I am not sure why transferring would have any bearing on his scholarship eligibility. And a pre-season all-state player transferring would get some attention in the local press and college recruiters would have no issue finding him. The only question would be did Joel have the passion to play still. But barely 48 hours into the situation, there is a lot more to come before school even starts. PS I still think Colt is gay.
- 94 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
-
-
-
..... is called hypocrisy.
-
What I was saying that Joel would have a number of lifelong friends, be they neighbors or teammate or Little Billy who he has gone all through school.... a lifelong friend who is a best friend. Not a love interest or someone he told secrets to, but a buddy who has always been there. And by extension, an alternative place to live in his home town.
-
Right... it's AMBER'S FAULT that every man in the CAP is a sexual animal who can't keep it in his pants. As they say in Argentina, "It take two to tangle". Or something like that.
-
Eh, that was two years ago when this was a one chapter story and I took that as a reference to high school more than anything. Living in the same neighborhood for 17 years in a small town there'd be neighbor boys he'd gone through elementary school, middle school and on into high school. I'd be interested in Krista's thoughts in the expanded story.
-
Meh.... Jack is what, 50? And he's had sex with four, maybe five women? Will is 18 and had sex with what, 70 people? Maybe it was rude to hit on Amber in front of his ex-wife, but she is his ex-wife. I do think it was hot 17 year old John banged Amber. Every high school boy's dream of getting older women.
