Jump to content

PrivateTim

Members
  • Posts

    4,619
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by PrivateTim

  1. PrivateTim

    Sesso a tre

    Oh hot. I always wondered how long until Granger got with Gennaro. Thank goodness for alcohol say all the men who like dick.
  2. Calvert needs to recognize the opportunity he has to bury the rumors about him and start new, more positive rumors for himself. I think this is one reason Calvert has been placed there by Lord Arbour and it gives Calvert another opportunity to show his warrior side and further endear himself to their Britannic Majesties. I do hope Ms Bellini (isn't there a Bellini in CAP?) sings Queen of the Night for KG III. It is the singularly cruelest song ever written for a singer.
  3. PrivateTim

    Fab

    Sorry to be a snob, but Target clothes were never trendy in Beverly Hills, Malibu or Newport. The Tar-jahey appellation was a self mocking French designer sounding thing for those who couldn't afford Guh-vinch-ee.
  4. A credible scenario. I don't think Calvert has to do much to seduce Amelia, she is so besotted. Uh, isn't Jane Austen's brother on board? 🤣
  5. PrivateTim

    Reconnecting

    I don't like it when Granger talks like a love struck tween. Dude, your a warrior, act like one. Be interesting to see what happens with Vinny on board.
  6. PrivateTim

    New Uniforms

    I don't think there was a polite word for homosexual in 1801. Most people in that age absent witnessing outright coitus in front of them wouldn't necessarily assume men who had affection for each other were having sex, because it was somewhat unthinkable. Frankly, I don't think Calvert is good for Granger, because I think Calvert is selfish and vain, and doesn't understand the damage he could do to Granger.
  7. PrivateTim

    Recovery

    Calvert could do worse.... but it won't happen, couldn't happen. More to the point, because of the Royal Marriage Act, she could not marry against the wishes of the reigning monarch, or at least not until she was 26 or older, and Amelia is just 18 right now. I don't know if the entire royal family went to Weymouth, but Amelia did in 1801 for an ailment. I forget sometimes this is fiction, not a biography. So Calvert has to act and say things, Mr. Arbour wishes him to. I'd think that a man in 1801, who liked men, especially a man of means, influence and with a career, would certainly understand he needed to marry a woman, have children and all that. You had to have your lovers on the side, be discrete and discerning.
  8. It is interesting that British sailors got a daily ration of rum and that that practice lasted until 1970. I don't get people (looking at you George) who get wound up so easily by emotions like jealousy.
  9. Well Francis certainly isn't going to be popular in France. Is being an attache at Amiens George's next gig? There are not a lot major naval actions on the horizon.
  10. Oh please, French men are so effeminate, who'd even notice.... Glad George got to impress his majesty. So curious about where we can go from here.
  11. PrivateTim

    HMS Endymion

    Really? I can't wait to see who his earldom fucks..... Makes me wonder if Horatio H was getting laid at sea too. I'd forgotten how much I love this story and I keep seeing PBS period piece costumes in my head. RIP Maggie Smith for all her glorious work.
  12. PrivateTim

    The Summons

    I don't feel sorry for Caroline in the slightest. She made her own bed. Life expectancy is a weird statistic. It isn't like people, especially the upper class, were dying in their 50s. Many of the Founding Fathers of the U.S. lived well into their 80s. But like with my ancestors of that era, and in George's time, many of whom lived into their 80s, if they had seven children, only about four of the children lived to full adulthood. That is where life expectancy comes into play. I really enjoy the Bridgemont series as I loved Hornblower and Aubrey, and on land Sharpe. While I think I like CAP better in some ways, I believe Bridgemont is a much more monumental accomplishment. The details, knowledge of the era, the history, it is just a colossal undertaking and achievement. Kudos to the author. PS is George a member at White's?
  13. PrivateTim

    Poster

    Delaware always is about five years behind California.... 🤣🤣
  14. PrivateTim

    Chapter 1

    Okay, maybe I am focused on the wrong thing here..... but I didn't really like the Yacht Club Dining Room for dinner. The menu was virtually the same every night and not that deep. Matt and I wound up eating at the buffet most nights and one night each at Butcher's Cut and Kaito. We loved the YC Pool Grill buffet for breakfast and lunch though. I was glad everyone seemed to resolve some issues in their relationships. It was a cute story.
  15. PrivateTim

    Fab

    Like Darrl62 below, I think there will be a connection with Stef. I can't say if it is a family connection or just a connection of circumstances, but I think Stef will take him under his wing and take him shopping. I too think there is a connection, or perhaps Stefan will just empathize with Fabien's circumstances. Let us not forget Stefan was a whore. One does what they must to survive and get ahead. Here is my young friend from Harvard-Westlake, Kieran Chung, at "big" Harvard this Spring.
  16. PrivateTim

    Poster

    And haters..... 'just wait until I tell my daddy'. Bravo Mr. Independent, I don't need you, Will Schluter. You can count on it, kind of like the Haupt kid at Stanfurd. Were there cruising spots in 2004? The world was a remarkably different place in 2004 than the one JP existed in, even different from Yale and Princeton in Brad's time. You didn't have Grindr yet, but PlanetOut and Gay.com were around and AOL chat rooms were around, but starting to fade to programs like Adam4Adam, CraigsList, etc. You sure advocate a lot of violent behavior. It is okay to punch someone who annoys you? Will has already shown he's able to solve problems by throwing money at it and threatening to call daddy, just like Poster did....
  17. PrivateTim

    Segue

    Well that is a little sexist. Claire is a Crampton. You forget how much wealth JP had and then how successful Marie was in her construction business. I thought Will was very ostentatious with his wealth in this episode. You don't need to talk about plasma TVs to be douchey about having money. Here is the Greek Men's Water Polo Team.
  18. PrivateTim

    Reconnection

    Jeremy seems almost normal. I'd love a Keen's Steak right now.... actually, I'd rather have a Peter Luger.....
  19. PrivateTim

    Harvard

    I hate that I am catching up so fast. It is nice not having to sit on pins and needles waiting for the next chapter to appeal. I'm going to have to read the Piece of Armen or something like that next and figure out a way to rag on Will in my reviews.
  20. And you miss the point. No one has ever pretended JJ was not immature. The difference with Will is that he has been portrayed as someone "wise beyond his years", "sagacious", "smarter than any of the adults", the most honest and honorable of the characters, and he ain't. And how in the wide wide wide world did it ever become Will's place to " teach JJ (he) can't just be rude and an ass to guest(s)"? Will "don't tell me what to do and stay out of my life" Schluter LOVES to tell everyone what they HAVE to do.
  21. PrivateTim

    Godzilla

    🤣 I'd rather have Wade and Matt. It is like any soap opera, you only have so many characters to work with so you have to a little cross pollination. Completely twisted writing, which of course what Mark does best 🤣 I'm hoping you didn't do MSC NOT in the Yacht Club. I can handle MSC with the YC, but I'd lose my mind in steerage or what ever it is they call it where the little people stay 😁
  22. PrivateTim

    Pregnancy

    Brad walks all over Will? I PRAY Brad would "walk all over Will". What has Brad EVER done to stifle Will? Will freaking drugged his father, destroyed cars, destroyed $100k in wardrobe, double that in property damage, stole money and what were the consequences? Will at 13 JACKED OFF in public on stage at a gay nightclub. Consequences? At 15 Will was going to college parties and hooking up with men (18+). Consequences? Will isn't a violent sociopath, he is a very immature, indulged spoiled brat with a quick temper, a judgmental attitude, control issues and ZERO self awareness of any of it. Brad may not be the father of the year, but it is because he let Will get as far out of control as he did.
  23. Not sure how many rich young guys you know, but a large percent have crap for brains. They don't think, they do and let someone else clean up the mess. That gets me a new Range Rover every year. Castigated means their father has a stern word for them, but never cuts up the credit card, so the stern word is as worthless as teats on a boar. I had one client remark at how "unlucky" his 17 year old son was after he'd crashed his third Lambo in 15 months.
  24. PrivateTim

    Fisticuffs

    I am. Not faulting people for violent behavior just encourages more violent behavior.
  25. PrivateTim

    Pregnancy

    Will everyone's punching bag? What parallel universe does that notion come from? Will has been coddled, indulged, spoiled, catered to, shielded and yielded to way too much. Jeremy has the absolutely right psychologist who doesn't buy into his BS. He had a very short sports career and a very short time on top. He needs to join the human race that he has such disdain for. How did Will make himself an independent person? EVERYTHING he has has been given to him. He's never had to work for a thing in his life. If he wants to be independent, let him renounce everything he's received from his family and strike out on his own. If Jack wasn't wearing a raincoat, he tacitly did. His family wasn't being dishonest or dishonorable, so I am not sure how that is relevant. Will is a bigger hypocrite than any of them. He is being a flipping drama queen and diva every bit as much as Jeremy ever has been. Boo fucking hoo, someone in a moment that must have been awful for them says something hurtful. Get over yourself buttercup. If Will really had Jeremy's back he'd have helped him see Brad wasn't his bio father a long time ago.
×
×
  • Create New...