Wow, another one of mine. Thanks bro. I sent him out to buy apples and he came back with pumpkins and colored corn. Oh, and misplaced his pants and shirt. Good thing he's pretty.
I am mostly thank you. Mum and I took her neighbors out for brunch then stopped at the Polish deli. I bought a piece of Wedding Kielbasa and a package of potato cheddar pierogies. After we got home mum said she was going to Walmart for tissue paper so we could wrap the gifts for my step-sibs. After Christmas last year we found some really nice handmade pottery Christmas soap dishes. On my last trip to Philly I bought some really nice handmade holiday scented soap to go with them. We want to pack them and ship them this week so they can have them to use for the holidays. From Walmart we went to Michael's to look for small artificial apples and lemons to update a couple of small wreathes mum hangs on the coach lamps beside the garage doors. I brought the large wreath I used to hang on my frontdoor in PA to replace an old one she had. When I made mine I used artificial apples, lemons and pomegranates along with pinecones and silk magnolia leaves interspersed within the faux evergreen wreath base. I want to make the smaller wreaths coordinate with the new one for the frontdoor. From there we bopped nextdoor to a new huge wine and beer store just to browse. I ended up with a four pack of perry imported from the UK. I'm not a beer drinker but I do enjoy an occasional cider. Now I'm relaxing hoping to ease a mild migraine without resorting to meds.
Wow. I didn't ramble much in that reply 😋
It is but I also have a voice in who we invite. Two of the couples have been here for previous dinners. The third couple is usually out of town visiting relatives but not this year. When we learned that we quickly added them.
We're having brussel sprouts roasted with shallots and bacon, balsamic glazed roasted carrots and creamed dried corn along with the usual suspects, i.e. turkey, etc.
Mum and I made fruitcake this morning. We only made a half recipe as the full one is enough batter for two eight inch ring pans. Also, instead of making one large one we divided the batter into six smaller, 3×5 loaf pans. Once cooled completely they are covered in bourbon soaked cheesecloth to age/mature.
Here at mum's in SC we can actually plant the bulbs outdoors in late Spring and they will bloom the following year. Provided they get enough moisture over the summer.