Jump to content

dughlas

Author
  • Posts

    17,532
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by dughlas

  1. That's my response when folks ask what under my kilt.
  2. Mum sends you her sympathies for the cold and snow.
  3. So this morning I cleared away all the frost killed flowers and foliage and added them to the compost bin. Then I ran the lawnmower over the lawn to crop the grass down for winter. Since I have a mower that mulches I was able to chop the fallen leaves in with the grass clippings. No need to rake them. The outside of the house is prepped for winter.
  4. Today is likely to be the last pleasant day for a long while. It's forecast to reach near 60/15° and be mostly sunny. Tonight a cold front is due with rain and potential snow mixed in for the morning followed by record cold for this time of year.
  5. G'day y'all. Today and tomorrow's temps are to be near normal for this time of year before another cold front arrives.
  6. Mum asks how your shoulder is doing.
  7. Mum says ... "Bonsoir".
  8. Mum fondly remembers watching him.
  9. Duck Donuts are a chain/franchise that started in Duck, NC. They specialize in a freshly made vanilla cake donut that you customize the toppings on.
  10. Mum's favorite color is blue so this was a hit with her. She says
  11. It was 21/-6° when the pup and I went for our walk at dawn. It got as warm as 41/5° this afternoon.
  12. Greetings Albert. We had a busy day prepping for the trip south at the end of next week. I overdid it a bit and aggravated a migraine but now we're resting. I'm sharing excerpts from the forum with mum.
  13. I'm forcing mum to eat leftover beef vegetable soup with toasted cheesy bread and Duck Donuts for dessert.
  14. I'm thinkin' that much rain at once could mean flooding. Neither is somethin' I want to deal with.
  15. So, uhm, what did you do with the fella from yesterday? If you're finished with him I could use his help.
  16. There were snow flurries in the air here this morning. I told mum not to look but she did and she wants to go home. We picked up a 12 lb fresh turkey from the poulterer at market this morning. I popped it into the freezer when we got home. It's intended for our Thanksgiving dinner in SC.
  17. Aren't you learning to drive stick shift?
  18. Oh look. Gary has one of those kits too.
  19. dughlas

    Loose Ends

    I think they took precautions to avoid that. Also, we've already had one unintended pregnancy among Squad members. Our intrepid author isn't one for redundant events. That being said ...
  20. And for water next Spring and Summer.
  21. It's a dreary day. Overcast and chilly. The real cold is due to arrive later this evening. The forecast from now until when we leave next Friday is for well below normal temps for this time of year. Mum is ready to go home, both her knees and my head are aching. To help cope with the cold I made a pumpkin custard bread pudding for dessert tonight and a pot of beef vegetable soup for tomorrow night's meal. Tonight we're having baked crabcakes, roasted baby sweet potatoes and seasonal veggies.
  22. And he makes a yummy sushi roll.
  23. Stunningly beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
×
×
  • Create New...