Jump to content
Bot Attack ×

dughlas

Author
  • Posts

    17,518
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by dughlas

  1. Wow. I didn't realize how cold you had to keep the inside of the igloo ...
  2. The temp has hit 87/30° but feels like 90/32°. Add to that the bright sunshine and it is one hot summers day. I spent about an 1.5 hours working on the garden project before calling it quits for the day. I'm lifting the flagstones in the lower garden, weeding, laying weed barrier then resetting the pavers. When I originally laid the flagstones 10 years ago I only put weed barrier under the stones in the seating area hoping to have small plants like creeping thyme fill in the cracks. In theory a lovely idea, in reality, not so much. Violets, dandelions, crabgrass quickly took over requiring endless weeding. So I'm reworking the entire thing with a focus on enlarging the seating area and having two main flowers beds that wrap around the paved area. The tricky bits are done what remains is fairly straight forward clear away the last few pavers, pull the remaining weeds, relevel the soil, lay the weed barrier and relay the flagstones. My plan is took work on the project in the next few early mornings. It should be lovely when it's finished. Mum enjoys sitting in that garden soaking up the warm sunshine on cool autumn mornings. She'll be pleasantly surprised when she returns in September.
  3. I'm doing okay thank you. I saw from an earlier response that you're well. I'm just back from a local farmers market and preparing to venture out into the heat and sunshine for a bit to do some work on one of my garden projects.
  4. Oh no! That means the hottie's in the wrong bed ... well, maybe I should rephrase that since obviously you're in the bed there is a hottie in your bed. What I meant was the other hottie apparently got lost on his way there.
  5. G'day y'all. Another early start. Sun is due to rise in just over 30 minutes.
  6. Uhm ... I'm glad you made progress with the story but ... dagnabbit a little uncommonsense bro.
  7. You saying this guy repells skeeters ...
  8. I was wondering that too. I'm hoping he would tell us if there had been any change in Marc's condition.
  9. Yeah, you're probably right about the stretches but you know what they say ... "it's hard to teach an old Doug new tricks". I should tell you that after half an hour spent crawling around pruning an overgrown Montauk Daisy and then another 2 hours digging up old pavers my back feels better. Of course I was very careful about bending and lifting. Oh, and I found a really good use for a chair. I'm sitting on it in the shade enjoying the breeze.
  10. We had a lovely walk but it seems I did something over the weekend to tweak my lower back. I've occasionally had issues with it in the past but walking the pup usually warms the muscles and things resolve themselves. Yesterday I woke up with problems and couldn't stand upright without effort. The morning walk helped. I did some bending, etc while working in the yard yesterday and for the most part it went okay. Again this morning standing up was difficult. I felt 20 years older. Walking helped and I did some bending and stretching along the way. That helped too but I want to some more yardwork because it's a really nice day and the forecast is for hot weather in the next couple days. I'm trying to decide if it would help if I tried using a chair to do the work ...
  11. G'day y'all. About to head out for our morning walk. Sunrise is in about 20 minutes. It's a much more pleasant morning cool with lower humidity. I've shut off the ac and openned the windows.
  12. In that case things do not bode well for your future beaus ... "Love you baby ..." *Nuke*
  13. Despite what he knows he's still willing to deliver ... your oj.
  14. dughlas

    Dropping Bombs

    Mama? I cried ... I remember telling my own mother when I was nearly fifty ... I cried.
  15. That or ... "Could you please give me directions to Bob's rehab. I've got a delivery of fresh orange juice for him."
  16. So does he shave his tummy to be so smooth?
  17. I have three basic types. One has leaves similiar to the purple explosion but it has white flowers. Another has silver-white varigation along the leaves and purple flowers. My favorite has yellow varigation and purple flowers. They're pretty hardy growing in sun or shade and drought tolerant. I mix them in amongst my hostas and coral bells.
  18. I had fresh orange juice with my brekkie. It was made by this intriguing machine though it was placed in front of me by a cute young fella.
  19. G'day y'all. Another early morning walk for the pup and I. Got to the park just after 5:30. Nice morning. Came home showered and took myself out to breakfast. From there to Home Depot for another bunch of landscaping stones and three lirope plants. It's still a bit muggy but the forecast is for that to improve as the day goes on. I ought to do some work outside but I'm being lazy.
  20. How is it you keep arriving late to the party and try to steal the guys others have already got dibs on. You've got Dennis and vice versa this one is Bob's.
  21. Took it off at night huh.
  22. Sorry no kilting today. Just minor construction/repairs and painting. So Mickey and Remy have recruited a mini nudist for the kayaking adventures.
  23. Albert, I don't think his lifting anything, he's just sittin' there.
×
×
  • Create New...