Jump to content
Bot Attack ×

dughlas

Author
  • Posts

    17,518
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by dughlas

  1. That's because you're a frog and because the hairy arm doesn't belong to the ginger lady, she's wearing long sleeves.
  2. I was thinking the same thing.
  3. The hot and scorchy could describe a certain frog but I don't wanna think about you being humid.
  4. It's currently 72/22° with bright sunshine and clear skies. I have a few chores I'd like to accomplish this morning so I best get to it.
  5. Have you considered they might be saving the best until last. Hoping for an invitation to sit a spell on that lovely couch and share a nice cup of tea.
  6. dughlas

    Chapter 6

    Hypnosis, really, guess it makes sense since that's how the wall was built in the first place. But who to trust. It's time to research that library more fully Lane. There's information there that may help you.
  7. G'day y'all. Lovely morning. Supposed to get hot but be less humid.
  8. Please remember this when you start thinking the progress is too slow.
  9. So your making good progress. That's excellent news.
  10. You laughed didn't you?
  11. dughlas

    Chapter 5

    What a pleasant diversion an evening out with friends can be. Then home again as it were to a less welcoming environment.
  12. dughlas

    Pride of Place

    This was a lovely evening of celebration among friends. These three have created a small family unit of sorts beyond the ordinary for the situation when Andy and Eric were first introduced. None could have imagined the effect it has had on all three. We think it sad that Eric missed so many things we take for granted, technology, varied foodstuffs, travel, etc. However, we need to remember Eric didn't know what he was lacking in that regard. He came of age at a time when country folk did without many things available to more urban areas. It's quite possible that as a young child his home had no electricity, indoor plumbing or telephone definitely no television. Diet varied little, dependent for much on what you could grow yourself. Penicilin and other antibiotics were the latest miracle drugs not yet widely available. His parents may not have owned a motor vechicle, many rode bicycles or walked. Horsedrawn farm equipment was still common in European rural farming communities. It was in most regards a simplier time. Certainly by the time he reached his teens things were changing but for many it came slowly. Yeah. Eric's going to Pride.
  13. dughlas

    Chapter 5

    Now we know why he forgets, except when he sleeps and dreams and his subconcious mind begins to surface. Just how did his father die?
  14. Sounds like he over applied it. Scents require a light hand.
  15. In my 20's wore Aramis.
  16. Well, we are of an age. It was our generation's Axe/Lynx.
  17. I've been through a number of scents over the years. Now during the summer just for me I usually spray on a bit of Keihl's Original Musk Blend No1. It dates back to the 1920's. It has a light sweet warm musk scent. Very unobtrusive. Sometimes I'll splash on a Bay Rum tonic, again it's a scent from long ago. A classic for summer. Then there's always D&G Light Blue.
  18. dughlas

    Chapter 4

    For a brief moment early in the chapter I thought we were going be told Vanessa was his mother. Being Lane's great-aunt makes more sense. Now what can she tell him? Oh, and what of his biological father?
  19. Yeah, they do. That was the first smell good stuff I wore as a kid. I like the smell of warm spices so it was a natural choice. From there I upgraded to Brüt. Sometimes I would splash on the Old Spice for the same reason we eat comfort food.
  20. I was gonna mow this morning but there were early showers out ahead of the main storms. The grass isn't going anywhere it's just getting longer.
  21. There is an arc in the storm line. You should be getting them soon.
  22. My first thought was he's pretty but Marty will want him to shave.
  23. Those storms are beginning here so they're pretty much on the forecast schedule.
  24. Nice to know that at the end of the evening you felt satisfied ...
×
×
  • Create New...