Jump to content

Aditus

Signature Author
  • Posts

    9,911
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Aditus

  1. Cole: Your words are both invigorating and encouraging. I’m glad you enjoyed the three vignettes. I wanted to convey a certain concept and it seems these did so. It is the light shining in the darkness which comforts and keeps us moving. That, to me, is the message of Christmas and yuletide. In spite of what surrounds us, forward is comfort, joy, and content. Thanks for such a wonderful review. It means a lot!!!
  2. Cole: Oh, there are lights we leave on for people we don’t even know. I think you are right also there are so many people who a light glows for in our hearts. Thanks for such a thoughtful review.
  3. Cole: I remember flash cubes quite well. I also remember the flash strips and how we would bring film in and not remember what was on it. Even in my twenties in the 1980s, I recall getting pictures back and they were little forgotten mementoes of times with friends and family. Now you take a picture and you know immediately what it is. Back in the day it wasn’t so immediate. Thanks for a thoughtful review and your memories. They are precious.
  4. Cole: People do love handmade things, especially when it comes from the heart. Creating something with you in it means a great deal I believe. I personally cherish those things as special gifts. Thanks for such a lovely personal review.
  5. Cole: Your memory made me remember how we used wax paper as kids as well. I didn’t preserve them quite as completely as that. These are simply dried and glued. I’m so happy the idea of the pictures evoked memories of your family. It is the intent of this door to give you thoughts which warm your heart. Thank you for a gratifying review.
  6. Cole: I’m so thrilled it brought back a memory of yours as well. That’s the point of these Advent windows is to give you a taste of our thoughts and remembrances as the days go by. Thank you for such an insightful and personal review!!!
  7. Cole: I’m glad you liked the story and family history. It was a great time and this fall I enjoyed making the treats for my colleagues as well. Thank you for the lovely comments.
  8. Cole: It’s not herring, red or pickled. If you like words, adding symbols only reinforces it. My idea was to show if I can do it, so can you. I’m worthless with crafts unless its cooking. So go ahead and try doing something like it. I’m only encouraging you. Thanks for the thoughtful review.
  9. Cole: I’m not very crafty really. This was something I felt comfortable doing especially since it involved words, which I love using and manipulating. The flowers were in honor of our garden. I like adding little pieces of myself into communications and the dried flowers seemed appropriate. Thanks for the interesting review.
  10. Cole: I’m sorry. We couldn’t figure out the link thing. Adi posted a copy of the card I created in his gallery. It’s a cherished memory and I wanted to share how I did it. Thanks for the thoughtful review.
  11. Cole: Thanks for the thoughtful review. What’s old is new again, I say. Your lampshade sounds beautiful. I can imagine the light through the delicate colors of the flowers is wonderful. When special things happen, we need to treat them with care and to create memories we can cherish. I appreciate your review.
  12. Aditus

    Door#7 - Elixir

    Cole: I’m glad the protagonist worked for you. I really love character driven stories. Adam and his grandmother came to me and the rest flowed from that. Thanks for the wonderful review.
  13. Aditus

    Door#7 - Elixir

    Cole: I’m glad you liked the sweetness and light. I wanted to make a story with some levity and a little Christmas magic. Thanks for the lovely review.
  14. Valkyrie: Yup Thanks so much
  15. Valkyrie: Thanks!
  16. Valkyrie: Thanks for the review. I appreciate your support.
  17. Valkyrie: Your review absolutely nailed the point of the poem. We should all strive to be beacons of hope. Thanks for such a great review.
  18. Valkyrie: I fooled you! I’m glad you liked it. Thanks so much for the nice review.
  19. Damn… the bacon gave me away! Yes! You must come visit someday! Let me know if you try any of the recipes and how they came out. I’m glad you liked it.
  20. Valkyrie: And your streak continues… I’m glad you liked it.
  21. Valkyrie: The front of my house is covered in shaker shingles, which is what makes it look like a gingerbread house. I’ve had a few different people call it that before I even tell them that it’s my name for it. Lol The bay window does add to the effect. No real gingerbread… lol the house is not edible, although the cats have tried to eat parts of it.
  22. Valkyrie: Cool! Let me know how they turn out.
  23. Valkyrie: Close… I closed on my house on this date in 2008 It seems we had similar experiences with house-buying. I hope you like the recipes if you decide to try them. They’re some of my favorites.
  24. Valkyrie: Yeah, meat is so expensive now. I love prime rib. At some point in my life I want to try wagyu beef. Talk about expensive… it’s hard to justify the cost, but I do want to splurge one day. The gingerbread demolition sounds like fun! Thanks for sharing such a great memory.
  25. Valkyrie: It’s fixed now. Let us know how they come out.
×
×
  • Create New...